SAU Community

R34 Gtt Conversion From Factory Smic To Fmic

Guys im interested in the basic FMIC conversion from the existing side mount type for my r34 Gtt. Im assuming there's a bolt on kit out there somewhere that will do the trick without requiring any major modifications to the car itself. The front bar is not an issue as it will be coming off in favour of a kit.

Im keeping boost stock for some time so i dont need something crazy. Just a cooler well suited to daily driving that will fit nicely in the front without having to cut sick. (ie follow the existing pipe cutouts) I dont even know if im going to bother with a BOV as its an auto anyway.

Ive checked the supplier area and had a bit of a search for what im trying to do but havnt had any luck, but i know it's got to be a commonly done thing. Can someone point me in the right direction for a thread DIY style, or a manufacturer / supplier that supplies the kit i want???

thanks mate. I had tried all the others with exception of just jap (from bottom up) and got impatient. Thankyou for answering my noob question mate :P

Are you looking at spending large?

Blitz LM is an excellent kit too. Just costs more.

I read the JJR ones dont exactly "bolt on" with the brackets they come with. Do a quick search theres a thread or two about them.

Greddy / Trust do a return style intercooler specifically for the R34 GTT I have the same one fitted to my S2 Stagea. These bolt straight on with no mods. From memory they are slightly cheaper than the Blitz items also but they will still be more expensive than the Just Jap ones. I think I have also seen return style Cooling Pro kits for around $550 maybe do a search for these as I have heard these are pretty good.

pm R34 Wong. he is selling his ARC return flow FMIC. it uses the same path as your current IC pipes and no holes required to cut out. and its one of the good coolers recommended