SAU Community

regular skyline speakers

hippy

i'm soon going to be an owner of a skyline :D i was just wondering what u all though of the sound quality of standard skyline speakers .. r33 that is ... 95 model, is it any good?? i just want sound quality which is decent ... and also i plan to put in one of these ...

Changer Control CD Receiver

KD-SX985 RRP - $529.00

found here: http://www.jvc-australia.com/product2.asp?859

has anyone ever heard one of these?? particularly the mp3 quality ...

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Stock speakers are and always will be exactly that. If ur concerned about quality sound then dont waste money on things u dont need.

If u need a CD player then hunt around.. i found a top of the line kenwood model from the last range they released new for $400 from JB Hifi.

Invest in AMPs and spend less on speakers...

if u wanna see what i brought but havent installed yet its on my website... total cost of around $1200

bit damn dirty... have to wait til i get my cord for my cam so i can upload the pics i took of it...

but yeah anyway... make sure u shop around and dont rush into things... check out the car audio link too as they know what theyre talking about whgen it comes to audio and are just as helpful as the ppl u will find here :P

u can also pick up some cheap audio gear too!

the stock speakers are complete crap theyre usually broken too so you'll need to replace them

stay away from kenwood and sony

dont get a kenwood head unit

get the JVC

JVC head units are good.

Standard stuff is crap. The cd player skips on bumps and there's

a chance that you might even only get a tape player.. Like me!

With the standard deck, you also need to get it FM Modulated.

So recommended get an aftermarket australian deck. The MP3

Kenwood looks good, but build quality is not so great and I've

seen many break down.

My 2 cents...

Wow, that's the exact head unit I'm getting tomorrow, they're pretty popular! Go to JB Hifi if you can, their price is only $490, but you can haggle them down to low $400's if you pay cash. I'm going in tomorrow with a couple of other people and we're hoping to get an even $400 or less :)

my friend had a top of the line JVC and it was absolute crap... like anything sometimes u get a lemon sometimes u get a good one... in the end it comes down to what u like and want just like anything else.

ive also had 4 mates with kenwoods and 1 off them got a lemon which he merely took back and had replaced.

We actually find the stock speakers in the front to be fine. We recently bought a nice JVC MP3 player and put our two 10" pioneer subs and amp in the back.

The stereo sounds really good for the little effort we have put in.

I'm not really into audio stuff for the car before performance but the subs we already had from Brutis. So we chucked them in and we are quite impressed by the sound they give :)

Depending on what standard of stereo you like I suppose.

hey my car is the same as urs jimx ... except i have mspec sideskirts and spoiler .. can't tell if uve got them : )

anyways it turns out the sound systems is totally f***ed up and i have to do the whole lot ... gonna get pioneer 6x9 4 way ( or 3 way .. only 20 bucks diff so probably get the 4 way, do u guys think thers much diff??, i dont' wanna put a sub in my car .. i cant be bothered) and get some pioneer 2-way splits, ... the head unit ... well what i plan to do is get the cheapest jvc mp3 head unit available for about 300 now and then upgrade to pioneer later ... what do u guys think??

well then our cars are the best full stop!! ... no arguments please!! :)

hey jimx.. i think i'm going to get that mp3 player too ... the guys at tonkins already said that they would do it for 400 cash no problems ... no haggling needed .. they offered :(

anyways i would go for the higher model buy my insurance is 2500 :eek: :eek: :eek: yeah from young and cool

can't find a better quote from anyone :)

hey hippy, auto super market is having a big sale at the moment. friend bought some infinity subs and splits there for cheap. also, the jvc mp3 unit there is about $350, not sure if its the same one, its got remote control as well. bargain i'd say.

Picked up the JVC head unit for $390 last night and some Pioneer splits (225W) which I forget the model of, but they were listed at $320 and I got them for $260. So I saved $200 off retail, not a bad night's shopping!