SAU Community

E-manage with Skyline

Hi Guys,

I know there is a BIG 'what is E manage' tread in this forum.

There is alot of helpful information in that thread, but I want to know if anyone here has one hooked up to a Skyline??

And what was the result and your experience??

Any issues with the firmware, software etc??

I know there is a newer version of the firmware (v1.36), but don't know exactly what is the difference from the old version.

Just want to know who has one running in their car and how it has perform.

Cheers

:P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cousin who had just done that. Full E-manage suite. He's running .8 bar with a profec e01 which is part of the e-manage suite. Together with this he has the following mods:

trust fmic

hks dump pipe

hks 3" front pipe

high flow cat

3.5" hks hiper cat back

k&n panel filter (stock airbox)

tein ha adj coilovers

18" (235 at front, 265 at rear)

the car's gained an extra 30.5 kw at the wheels.

Any further details contact Peter from Advan at Silverwater.

Strutto, has anyone actually proved that the manual PFC is no good in an auto? I am running a modified manual ECU in my auto and am able to increase the boost to 1bar, although it wont hold until i fit an electronic boost controller. It also changes hard between gears and generally goes better with no real difference in fuel consumption. I have had no adverse effects except for occasional stalling but that was the case with the standard ECU.

Originally posted by AutoTrust

Strutto, has anyone actually proved that the manual PFC is no good in an auto? I am running a modified manual ECU in my auto and am able to increase the boost to 1bar, although it wont hold until i fit an electronic boost controller. It also changes hard between gears and generally goes better with no real difference in fuel consumption. I have had no adverse effects except for occasional stalling but that was the case with the standard ECU.

Read this thread

Craz0 has tried it... Didn't work for him :(

4door_sleeper has it working :looney:

I haven't tried it... But if someone wants to lend me one I'll give it a go... :(

My theory is that the original Nissan ECUs "relay" information to the auto ecu whereas the powerfc's do not...

See that is why I went for piggy back instead of the PFC, car is auto. It is still not 100% certain that the PFC work with the auto ecu.

Craz0 mention it has worked but there is still some errors or bugs. Like the flashing of the power/snow switch.

Guys in the states has used an E-manage with a R34 (auto) and it was a success. More info can be found at the yahoo group - emanage. They got heaps of info there about the e-manage but not much on e-manage with skylines.

666DAN, you say the PFC can't be used in an auto can you tell me why?I just explained, I am running a Manual ECU in my auto and am having no problems, the auto has its own computer, the two talk to each other to limit the revs between gears and won"t allow any increase in boost over factory. Im sure that there is more to it than that, but no one i have talked to about it in a 12 month period has had anything more to say than put a 5 speed in it or you can't do it. ... There is no real difference between PFC and a standard manual ECU except the obvious ability to customise settings. Mind you my experience extends to 33's not 34's.