SAU Community

Rb25det R33 S1 Coil Or Ignition Loom

hey all i have worked out that my r33 was cutting out randomly because of the earth wire that comes off my ignition or coil pack loom has heat damage and gone hard and stuffed, tried fixing it striped it back and reconnected it a few times but the wire is shaged .

can anybody give me suggestions on aftermarket or alternative setup eg totally different ignition coils and leads to plugs im not sure wats been done and what works best. im running 387hp so if there is a bit of an upgrade that would be great but im strugleing to justify 300+ dollars for nissan genuine loom thanks guys.

Nissan is best - its a 10-15yr old car so IMO its a worth $300

stock igniton/wiring systems are good for over 500rwhp/370rwkw (ive done it) so going with stock even if a little more expensive will ensure you have a faultless setup

why change the factory setup? its proven and reliable. it's lasted decades. did you 100% figure out it was the earth wire or was it your coils?

heaps of high HP cars running splitfires with factory looms.

why change the factory setup? its proven and reliable. it's lasted decades. did you 100% figure out it was the earth wire or was it your coils?

heaps of high HP cars running splitfires with factory looms.

yea with the car running i wiggled the earth and it cut out tried many times and same thing every time i wiggled it so no doubt it was earth wire.

yea i think ur right about standard i was just curious before i spent the 300 to see if there was anything better for the buck but doesnt seem like there is much ill keep the splitfires and standard loom i think.