SAU Community

Modern Warfare 2

typevu

For me COD5 multi was much more rewarding due to the period weaponry, and heavy use of infantry rifles which required aiming skill rather than spray and pray. COD4 has a quicker pace though.

I just wish gaming developers would realise there were other wars apart from WW2 and modern conflicts, got me beat why there's never been any COD game set in Korea or Vietnam, or even the Falklands!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me COD5 multi was much more rewarding due to the period weaponry, and heavy use of infantry rifles which required aiming skill rather than spray and pray. COD4 has a quicker pace though.

I just wish gaming developers would realise there were other wars apart from WW2 and modern conflicts, got me beat why there's never been any COD game set in Korea or Vietnam, or even the Falklands!

Without period physics (COD has no weapon physics just reduced damage over distance) period weaponry is just a skin and wtf all I heard about WaW was 'wah wah Thompson' for months just like the P90.

I am looking forward to the call that tells me my Modern Warfare 2 has arrived.

I was thinking more in gaining rankings and acheivements, which meant you had to use all of the guns. I've not played it online for several months, but I liked that you couldn't really get a gun that was both accurate and deadly.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah it does look boners, hopefully there's some new gameplay elements.

Online COD4 is pissing me off in that everyone is either a shit kent like me or uberleet pwn everyone with a sniper rifle from opposide sides of the map types.

Also seems to be quite easier than CS to play

Has anyone seen the offer EB Games has on :thumbsup:

$200, you get the game (when released) , nice fancy carry case , some pre production notes and books... and also ... wait for it

Actual working night vision goggles , which claim to be able to see in total darkness for up too 50 ft in black or white vision or the typical green vision....

I saw that prestige edition on youtube from one of the guys earlier in this thread.... What I can't work out is why EBGames will only let you pre-order the xbox 360 and PS3 versions... They don't have the PC version up for pre-order!!??

I saw that prestige edition on youtube from one of the guys earlier in this thread.... What I can't work out is why EBGames will only let you pre-order the xbox 360 and PS3 versions... They don't have the PC version up for pre-order!!??

Just got this response from EBGames:

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately Modern Warfare 2 for PC will only release as a standard edition.

I hope this information has been of some help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Abie Hosking

EB Games - Trade 'n' Save!

I cant understand why the NV goggles pack is only $200 bucks... Surely NV goggles are worth atleast $400 min on their own.. Anyhoo, if it really is only $200, and these NV's are as good as their made out to be, I think I may just pre-order the PS3 pack and sell it all except the NV goggles and buy the PC version.hmmmmmm..

/In b4 late night peeping Toms :rofl:

Dunno about the NV googles, there are pretty neat looking (would make slightly more sense to come out on a Splinter Cell game but who am I to judge)...they look pretty expensive...I'm think that Activision are going to sell a heap of these to make a profit (I can see the news reports now about people doing silly stuff and blaming it on the NV goggles they got with MW2)

I was watching Inside Gaming on youtube last night (there were at Comic-Con) and they was saying that Activison got cold feet with the title so it appears that the Call Of Duty name will be associated with it

I've put on the box shot of what the Xbox 360 (and most likely all the versions will look like)

post-34764-1248676106_thumb.jpg

AFAIK the goggle will be in the form of a infra red light with a receptor to pick up the light cast on an object - which means that to another person wearing the goggles you will look like a flare lol. I believe that is also the most rudimentary form of night vision goggles as it is using infra red light to create the 'night vision' rather than amplifing the light which is already there.

there have been some, most have been very mediocre with the exception of Seal Team released in around 1992, now THAT was a game!

I'd love to see a COD : Korea or Vietnam, WW2 has pretty much been done to death with the exception of either playing as a nazi or in the South East Asian conflict (from an Australian / British POV)

I pre-ordered the Prestige pack, which included the goggles...

when i rung EB they told me they were Ex-military ?!? wtf.. i dont see how that is possible with the price. If you factor in the cost of the game and other bonus content.... cant see it being a decent pair of Ex-military grade goggles....

but.... if they let me walk through the house to take a piss without turnin on a light..... im sold....Bahaha