SAU Community

Modern Warfare 2

typevu

Yep - this is the problem EVERYONE said would happen.

But as usual, ignorant developers said it would be the "best" system ever concieved... ye fken right.

If that is happening already, then forget online for PC.

And with the recent 10s to 100s of thousands of locked out 360s for being modded we can see that consoles clearly solve piracy...

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, really really frustrated...

I thought I would be able to refrain from jumping into the hype of slagging IW.NET etc but;

I am unable to play Multiplayer, I cannot get my ping to a reasonable playing level. My internet connection is not the issue, I'm sure of it.

Without having anyone complain about the lack of dedicated servers (cause I agree), can anyone actually tell me whether they are able to get green bars at all? (Serious question)

meh with MW thats ALL I get generally unless I luck out and get matched to an Aussie. Still playable, just have to account for the lag.

HAHA @ shit flamin mongrels who go on Xbox Live with modded boxes, its a well known fact that MS ban at random; delayed effect works better for those who would try and circumvent the system, a la the anti cheat system on Steam. One would think that you'd have one xbox to play online and a modded one to play backups, since realistically there's only a handful of games that are big on Xbox Live

Ok, really really frustrated...

I thought I would be able to refrain from jumping into the hype of slagging IW.NET etc but;

I am unable to play Multiplayer, I cannot get my ping to a reasonable playing level. My internet connection is not the issue, I'm sure of it.

Without having anyone complain about the lack of dedicated servers (cause I agree), can anyone actually tell me whether they are able to get green bars at all? (Serious question)

yeah i have got lots of green bar games, I found big team battle (watever its called) and domination allways sends me to american games, but team death match and headquarters gets local games 99% of the time.

Been playing spec ops with a mate for last few hours, game is worth buying just for that and single player !

on PC here, multiplayer was a bit random on servers on launch day with shit pings etc... but was better last night and was awesome tonight, played for a few hours, only had a couple of server migrations which worked everytime. Was full green on pings for all the games, on TPG in Brisbane.

Very happy with multiplayer, already finished single player, great game :happy:

What I have found is that when playing team death match max I got was 2 yellow squares. When I played 3rd person mode I got so many ausies playing and was on full green. f**k 3rd person view. I find the gameplay barable with such a high ping but get annoyed when people knife me when I'm a distance from them of I get shot once I move behind a wall but doesn't register it quick enough and I die

Well alot of the complaints from gamers is the removal of modding and dedicated server support. I played mulitplayer on PC at a friends place (to see if I wanted to buy it) but seems that IW shot themselves in the foot

from what I played maximum 9 players in free for all and 9v9 team combat....that aint right and I was getting okish pings but the worst thing about it that you don't know if you are the server (IW.net picks the computer at random to be server). If that player drops out the game will freeze while it picks out a new player to host.

I love the people on other forums that are blaming piracy becuase of these changes. Well you always needed a legit cd-key to play COD: MW1 and COD: WAW right??

I don't mind playing on steam but with no local server content...I'm going to pass for now (until stuff improves)

from what I played maximum 9 players in free for all and 9v9 team combat....

This I did notice and found really weird! Why limit it back so much from 32 or even 64 players... Crazy!!

I know the answer is because one of the players is the host with a bad connection to be able to host, but isn't that saying something about how the current system works??

Edited by W1ngnut