Modern Warfare 2

typevu

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which is a bit of a problem when one of them is the server. So you, with a 200+ ping, are playing against people with a 30 ping and one person with 0. Console players might not notice or care but PC FPS players won't stand for that shit.

It's like going back to dial-up.

Edited by DivHunter

ok soooooooo .... im sorry i don't understand the technical speak of ping and such - infact the last 10 or so posts make no sense - i have a PS3 - can someone break this down for me in baby terms please?

during the day you'll find it will connect mostly to american servers as its their prime time.. i find playing from about 9pm - 10pm onwards you mostly get chucked into games with plenty of aussies..

one thing i hope they add (probably too late) but an option to start your own public game.

Edited by defari

Those that think a second set of matching servers in the US won't effect them because they are on console...well we'll see.

Generally when a master server responds with servers it has found the list is populated with the servers closest to the master servers first, because they are closer so it takes less time. So when you have a master server on the other side of the Earth and you can't see the list of servers available you are at the mercy of the logic that the IW matching system will use which will most likely be optimized for, you guessed it, the US.

There's a reason they added server lists to L4D.

Also most consle players won't be able to tell the difference because FPS on console is so damn slow. I notice a difference between a sub 30 and a 50 or greater ping in my game play on PC, it's obvious and frustrating and I have changed ISPs over less.

As it has been explained it is P2P with a negotiated connection through IW servers in the US.

They really should have hired a network engineer instead of Bowling.

during the day you'll find it will connect mostly to american servers as its their prime time.. i find playing from about 9pm - 10pm onwards you mostly get chucked into games with plenty of aussies..

one thing i hope they add (probably too late) but an option to start your own public game.

This is exactly the problem, you shouldn't need to flood the system with local P2P servers to be able to find one close to you. It shouldn't matter if there is 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 that has the lowest ping, it should find it and connect you, but it won't and then two other people will join and max out the host's internet connection and you'll all lag out.

Or they might ad anti-lag...which isn't anti-lag at all just artificial lag for anyone with a decent connection.

If they had done it the other way around and announced the ability to host dedicated servers for consoles on regular servers, even if the hosts had to pay for it, this would have been met with much rejoicing and less about Bowling be a console molesting kent.

Edited by DivHunter

I was a PC gamer before moving onto the PS3. Been playing COD4 since it came out and you are right a bad ping is annoying as hell and even if they never planned on releasing dedicated servers for a console they should at least include a server list that shows the pings from the user hosted servers. I can't wait for MW2 as COD4 is getting really old and thankfully I am now in my final tourny for COD4 but they should improve the online experiance not just add more guns/perks. The console host migration has been updated but it never really worked in w@w and I will be suprised if it works as well as they claim in MW2.

haha divvy, 30 ping to 50 makes eff all difference (at least in tf2 or CS:S), so stop trying to mask a clear lack of skill! :)

I was going to post the screenshots in my photobucket from when I played COD4 and even FEAR but then i realised you wouldn't recognise anything that didn't have a beardy guy with glasses and a crowbar.