SAU Community

Nistune In Perth

3LGODZILA

What about the "Apexi Power FC" unit??? Doesnt this override the R33 motherboard, allowing the Speed limiter to be taken off and also allowing higher performance tuning.

It's a whole new ECU. You take the stock one out and put this tuneable(new word) ECU in.

A lot more expensive and hard to get. Wasn't there some guys over east making patch looms to use GTR powerFCs on 33's?

XSpeed can hook a GTR Power FC Djetro to your GTST. It's just going to cost you in labour to rewire.

interesting to hear that a standard ecu will loose its remap if disconnected from battery??

can any one confirm this???

Yes! Goes back to the base map and the ECU will 'relearn' a little bit.

Yes! Goes back to the base map and the ECU will 'relearn' a little bit.

well that explains it. i took my battery out a few weekends ago. makes logical sense. should of thought about that before i left my lights on lol.

It won't reset by just unplugging the battery, as the ECU will retain a little bit of charge in there..

You'd need to have the battery off for like 24 hours maybe??

Or you just take the ground wire off the battery, go step on the brakes a few times to drain whatever power is left in the system, and it should be reset.

A remapped ecu WILL NOT lose it's remap if battery is removed. The maps are burnt onto an EEPROM.. losing power does not wipe these.

It might be the case for a piggyback unit like an SAFC but I've removed my battery plenty of times and my remapped ECU hasn't lost its' maps..

Oh sorry I mean just a standard ECU which hasn't been remapped.. like the R33 ECU.

If you remap the r32 gtst ecu, you wont lose the remap, no.

I didn't read that 'remap' bit :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

if your unsure, get a memory minder. plug it into your cigarette lighter, connect the connectors to another battery and it will keep all settings the same and saves you having to set any electronic part all ovr again( not saying it could involve ecus but radio codes, shift light settings, etc)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, can anyone throw the price down of what they payed for their Nistune? Just want to get a price comparison of the tuners in WA =)

Nistune boards use EEPROM backed NVRAM... so settings are stored permanetly. I'm sure powerFC would use FLASH or something similar

Only settings that get lost are really O2 sensor closed loop and alpha learn trimmings and DTC codes which get stored in the ECU