SAU Community

GB: Apexi pen turbo timers

Scotty

Hi guys!

Group buys have proven a success for me in the past, (thanks again Nath for the tint a car day :rofl:) so I'd thought I'd try to organise another one to save me money again.

Well, I need a turbo timer, and I've managed to get store to agree to a group buy of those Apexi pen turbo timers. I'm sure you all know which one I'm referring to.

Anyway, the deal is, $150 new (eg in box etc etc..) for 5 or more. Well, I'm getting one, so all I need are four more guys. He mentioned that the next price discount is if we get 10 guys. Don't know how much off, I presume a few bucks, but hey, depending on interest, who knows.

So yeah, tell me your thoughts..... I need one, and from what I can gather, these usually go for more than $150. I guess I'll have to get them, but of course I can ship them out if you don't mind paying for shipping.

Oh, a note to the moderators, no I'm not a business, just looking to save me some money.... Thanks all! :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, doing some investigation for a guy, and this is what I found.

New parts list are out on the Apexi website

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pricelist.asp?click=1

Check out the price list for part 405-A011, its $US119! Hmmm, that sounds a bit steep to me.....I guess that must be RRP.

But as for a pic, check out http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_timer.asp

Gives you photos and specs....

As for prices in the past, I did a search here and guys have been wanting 200 bucks for them....I think he eventually sold for 180 anyway....

Hope this helps.

Thanks

hi just saw this thread i fink you can buy it from ebay cheaper...

also i think the list on the apexi website hasn't been update... as it was dated.. effective a year ago.... i saw it on ebay for $75USD who should work out less then 150 a piece... though that hasn't included shipping but maybe a group of ten buys could also reduce the intial price :D so yeah just helping out... not to burst any bubbles or anythin...:(

Thanks zero.......hmm, let me check ebay then..... no worries, always after a bargin.

The only thing is, I've had pretty disasterous experiences with ebay. (eg bought a pioneer HU from the states. the deh8150, but the states versions. Anyway the OEL display was phucked and had to get the screen fixed............. but get this, because the US had a different model number, even tho its the same phucken thing, had to get the part imported..........ended up costing me 200 bucks more than if I had bought it here!!! :( )

So yeah no more ebay for me thanks......... I'm mean USD75 may be cheaper, but after I factor in shipping and uncertainty and all that shite, come to think of it, I rather pick it up myself........ Nevertheless, thanks for the tip, but given the unpredicatability of sellers on ebay, I think I'll stay. Any others tho, please feel free to try ebay. :D

Oh, I'm in Melb by the way, so is the shop, so yeah, unless you can make it down, again, I have no issue in sending it over, as long as I can get the numbers to help me get the discount.

Thanks.

:D npz.. just to help out thats all... i got a t/t already so i dont need it so just helping out u guys... i personally have tried ebay bought a kenwood h/u aswell from USA it arrived fine everything was a smooth transaction. so i guess its just the supplier... try ask the seller some questions see what they are like but anyways its up to u guys all the best fellas!!:(

most timers have the auto sense thing where it leaves the car on for longer ... usually not because u drive it harder ... just that u drive it longer and speed ... i know mine does this ... i think its much better than the apex one ... it has all these other features like speed monitoring , ie warning for speeding over a set speed .. and the list goes on ... great timer for the price ... i'm too lazy to find an official greddy site so heres an ebay auction :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2437798295

yeah i like it for the extra features of speedometer and battery voltage reports ... ie do you have a big sound system?? :(