SAU Community

Guard Rolling/flaring

HEy guys i just got a new set of rims and the rears rub with a full load of people in the car the rears are 265 40 17 and every time it it got a full load it rubs like no tomorrow and i was wondering if i could do it my self i watch the japanese diy and they used a pole to roll on the wheel to the guards i dont noe if its safe to do but im just wondering if its worth it doing it my self or get the professionals to do it? and also dose anyone recommend any one? thanks guys

In Darwin there is only two places that i know of that do it and its around 80 bucks a corner to roll the lip. As for proper flaring and shit no idea

Be it your no doubt not up here in the big smoke LOL it should be cheaper down south as there would be more places that do it

Edited by super_s13

check out a Bursons store if you have them in Darwin, they sell the rollers pretty cheap.. read the instructions and how to guides on the net. take your time and use lots of heat

lol im not in darwin and i got an idea whould i stretch the tryes at the back from 265 to 255 but it looks on the rim the tyre looks kinda stretched already ill take some photos tomorrow and show you guys what i mean

Definitely, get a pro to do it...moreover, make sure both sides are flared out evenly - sometimes one is more and the other is less, on angles and head-on you will see the difference.

Lastly, the paint will definitely chip, just make sure you tough it up with a small paint brush and some touch-up paint...matter solved...

i was had to run spacer at the rears cause the wheels was soo wide that it would touch the lower suspension arm going over a bump i had to run 8 mm spacer now i got 6 mm on and it still dose it but it clears the guards but my suspension is too soft and the wheels hit the top of the wheel arch soo i guess i gotta get coilovers to stiffen things up heheheheheh

i think wholesale suspension in penrith do it as well for $60/$70 a corner. My car rubs too, but I wouldn't do it myself. If you are gonna try, make sure you get yourself a heatgun as well as a pole/hammer/roller or whatever your going to use. I even think you can buy a guard roller from justjap or somewhere like that.

LOL somthing i noticed the left side of my car is a little higher then the right side oh and i cant get lower profile tyres it would muck up the speedo i am currently looking for a pair of 265/40/17 and when ever i say that to the tyre guy for a quote they look at me as if i was crazy and say that their pretty sure its 255/40/17 well right now on the rears are 265/40/17 LOL