SAU Community

Finally Got Car Tuned

allpawC34

finally had my S1 tuned today and got 247.7hp @ all fours.

Mods

R33 cams & CAS

Nismo fuel pump

Nismo FPR

R34 turbo running 0.9bar

S15 injectors

Greddy Inlet manifold

80mm hypertune throttle body

FMIC

Z32 AFM

R34 PFC (c/o hills motorsport)

3" HKS exhaust from turbo back inc split dump pipe

Manual conversion

Greddy ProfecB spec II

pulls like a train now, now just need to save some cash for turbo upgade...

Tuned by AllStar Garage in Malaga WA

scan0001.pdf

not to bad with stock turbo, what are u expecting with a turbo upgrade.

i made 302 rwhp on a 2wheel dyno with a gcg highflow turbo and nistune remap(shame they dont do it for the s1 yet)

Good result for a stock turbo. You have all the gear for 230AWKW+ (over 300hp). All you need is the GCG highflow! Its rated at 450hp which equates to about 260AWKW which should be within your reach.

Nice effort, The turbo upgrade will certainly make a difference.

FWIW FAST shows all non-NEO RB25's as having the same cams - yes, even the DE vs DET have the same number.

R33 cams had different numbers cast into them and there was a noticable difference in the lobe. If all Non neo cams are the same why do some S1's have R34 style CAS (different drive gear) cause mine did, i had to change it to R33 to change the cams.

I drove the car prior to tune and was definatly a noticable difference in low to mid range pick up.

All valid points - I just thought I'd look it up for curiosity sake, and FAST showed the same numbers for NA & turbo (which I thought was wierd).

I wonder if it's a worthwhile upgrade ($$-wise). There would have to be plenty of R33 stock cams lying around from all those now using PonCams...

ive got my stagea cams out side still i will get the number off them cause yea the numbers were different form cam to cam.

We did a really basic measure and i mean basic just with a tape measure and from top of cam to tip of lobe S1 was bout 9mm and R33 was bout 10mm and at bottom of lobe S1 was bout 2mm and R33 was 3mm.

Well i looked at it this way, if i ever wanted to put pon cams in i would need to change to R33 CAS any way so i got the cams and CAS off my bro and we put them in as we did W/pump and timming belt prior to dyno run.

As for worth the $$'s I would say after driving before and after cams were fitted with out it being tuned, if you can get the cams (and CAS if yours has R34 style) for a cheap price bout $100 bucks i would think and you can fit them up your self then i would i would recomend it for sure.

R33 cams had different numbers cast into them and there was a noticable difference in the lobe. If all Non neo cams are the same why do some S1's have R34 style CAS (different drive gear) cause mine did, i had to change it to R33 to change the cams.

R33's have 2 types of CAS as well. The very late R33, I think mid 1997 onwards had the R34 style CAS.

Alot of people get caught buying Tomie Poncams for their 1995,1996 series 2 R33's and order what Tomie call series 2 cams, which only fit the 1997 onwards engines. When they caome to fit the cams,they find out the CAS is different.

At a guess, the series 1 stagea's may vary as well depending on what year your car is. Pay to check before ordering new cams.

If you want 350-400hp atw, go the Gt3076 .82 IW.

Mine arrived yesterday. Most guys are getting around 270rwkw at 16psi and upto 330rwkw on high boost.

If you want 350-400hp atw, go the Gt3076 .82 IW.

Mine arrived yesterday. Most guys are getting around 270rwkw at 16psi and upto 330rwkw on high boost.

Sweet. were did you get your turbo from and how much if i could ask?

nice result

adelaide turbo services rate their bolton rb25 GT3076r IW ballbearing garret turbo for 270-280rwkw, and is ok up to around 21-22psi

$2500 with lines

heaps of different types out there. mine features the AVO skyline rear housing and Garrett centre bb Chra / wheels with modified front stock turbo comp.housing.

nice result, got heaps and heaps of punch. ask Kidafa his opinions after a little trip yesterday...

http://www.avoturboworld.com/pdf/gts_exhaust_housing.pdf

AVO is proud to announce our .73 A/R cast exhaust housing upgrade for the Skyline GTS models with the HT15 and HT18 turbocharger. This increases the A/R from the stock .63, and is designed to accept the standard turbine wheel. This improves response and provides a nice bump in mid- and top-end power from your standard turbocharger.

Our larger wastegate also decreases chance of backpressure, which can lead to dangerous boost levels.

This exhaust housing is also designed to run a Garret GT series CHRA. AVO will be releasing a complete bolt-in turbocharger upgrade for the Skyline GTS.

The AVO turbine housing is designed for maximum flow with an internally wastegated housing, as we run the largest wastegate swing valve possible to reduce chances of boost creep in high horse power engines. The quality of the AVO turbine housing is far above the rest with thousands of hours invested into R&D to insure our turbo housing performance. We only use the highest quality, high-temperature casting, which are machined on a 5-axis CNC machine to insure we maintain the precise tolerances necessary for maximum performance and reliability.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...R_700382_12.htm

nice result, got heaps and heaps of punch. ask Kidafa his opinions after a little trip yesterday...

No joke. Tangles stag pulls so dam hard, had to look in the rear vision mirror to remind myself I was sitting in a stagea a few times. The turbo doesnt run out of puff either. The head work does make it feel like it had a lot more torque down the bottom end too ;)

Awesome roads aswell cant wait for the cruise!

One very well done stag Brendan.

nice result

adelaide turbo services rate their bolton rb25 GT3076r IW ballbearing garret turbo for 270-280rwkw, and is ok up to around 21-22psi

$2500 with lines

heaps of different types out there. mine features the AVO skyline rear housing and Garrett centre bb Chra / wheels with modified front stock turbo comp.housing.

is that price of $2500 with the avo housing?

$2500 for complete finished GT3076 turbo with lines,

yes that includes the AVO rear 6-bolt .73/ar housing, as per the link in previous post

garret chra etc, bolt-on

cheers Chris. ;) finished doing the air-ram system, and cut/chopped the stock air snorkel to fit,

got heaps more in in... awaiting the 8x S15 injectors, sell 2 clean & install 6 then remap :)

im still tossing uo to go hiflow bolt on like yours or go hi mount with ex gate.

Tangles why did you choose to go low mount?

Edited by allpawC34

Well I went for low mount for cheapness, stock look. GCG highflow with SAU discount is about $1800. No extra expenses for new lines or mounts and labour minimal because it bolts right back where it comes from. Also I do not plan to rebuild my motor with forged internals etc any time soon and so will not be going for huge power - my aim was 200AWKW but its now 230-240AWKW and thats it. If you want more than that the 3076 with a 6boost manifold sounds good if you can afford it.

turbo is a tuff call for me.... i've always told my self go low mount for factory look but now that the HP bug has bitten me im thinking high mount.

were do you get GCG hiflow from? so i can do a bit more research.

were do you get GCG hiflow from? so i can do a bit more research.

ignore this question! im a retard and wrote and posted without just searching the net and getting my answer....

If you have a look thru the forced induction section you will find many have boost creep problems with anything smaller than the .82 exhaust housing using the Gt3076R internal waste gate version.

You can buy the "real" gt3076R .82 IW in kit form for $3070 from GCG. Does not include the compressor inlet pipe.

I paided $1800 for the turbo. For all the extra bits need will be another $700-800