SAU Community

How to Remove my R33gtst Front Bar???

Guest RedLineGTR

Guest RedLineGTR

Please can anyone tell us how to remove my front bar on my r33 gtst its a series 1. If anyone can be bothered i would really appreciate it or even a diagram where the screws/bolts are that i need to remove and what to watch out for. Thanks in advance Rob

Mine is a series 2 but i couldnt see there being much difference

There are 2 bolts on either side of the chassis rails

Then there are 2 bolts under each wheel arch lip

i was suprised that this was all that was holding on my front bar

Plastic clips under grille, leave to last, pull down inner plastic at front of wheel arch to gain access to bolts on top edge of side of bar. Best to remove wheels but not neccesary. also bolts through chassis rail accessed in front of wheels. The bolts from thedge of the bar to the guard can be annoying, helps to have a good socket set! Go NUTS!

once you got the chasis rail bolts out (2x of them on either side)... and the side bit screws.. the whole sucker should just slide out along its rails. Put down a blanket or something so you don't scratch it when you put it on the ground.

There's a screw on each top corner of the bar - where it ends in the wheelarch. You might have one of those plastic covers in your wheel arch to get past. Also, there are 2 screws on the bottom corners of the bar also.

BTW, this method also removes the front metal bar, right? Not just the plastic bit?