SAU Community

R35 Queries - Stone Guard & Cowl Lock

There are 3 'sacrificial' decal type stone guards on the car, 2 on each of the dog leg panels behind the door and 1 on the lip of the front spoiler. They are made of clear plastic. I have damaged the one on the front spoiler and Nissan do not list it as a part. Does anyone know where I can get one ?

On opening the bonnet there is a big black plastic cowling over the radiator. There are 2 round plastic knobs about 35mm in diameter marked 'LOKC UNLOCK' with direction indicators. Any idea what they hold ?

There are 3 'sacrificial' decal type stone guards on the car, 2 on each of the dog leg panels behind the door and 1 on the lip of the front spoiler. They are made of clear plastic. I have damaged the one on the front spoiler and Nissan do not list it as a part. Does anyone know where I can get one ?

On opening the bonnet there is a big black plastic cowling over the radiator. There are 2 round plastic knobs about 35mm in diameter marked 'LOKC UNLOCK' with direction indicators. Any idea what they hold ?

I had the entire front of my car, mirrors, etc done by these guys, they were brilliant.

http://www.ozicozi.com.au/index2.htm

The will be able to help you out.

I believe they will ship anywhere.

I had 5 extra layers put under the front skirt.

Talk to Andrew from Ozicozi in Artarmon (02 8084 6879 or 0425 299 977) and he will be able to replace the clear stone guard with his Venture Shield product. I am getting the whole front of the car protected when my new car arrives next week. Not sure about your cowling cover - I have a copy of the Nissan GTR Workshop manual on CD so I will have a look and let you know. Please call me on 0438 179 396 if you have any more questions - Cheers Walter

is there someone like this that can do it in melbourne???

not an R35 owner but would live this for my car after the new front end is on

There is a guy who uses Venture Shield clear paint protection film in Melbourne. My friend in Hobart had his GTR R35 done about 5 weeks ago at a place called Invisible Car Bras - Melbourne Victoria Australia

Phone: 0419 435 427. There website is http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/. I saw his car when I was in Hobart a few weeks ago and the guy did a great job.

There is a guy who uses Venture Shield clear paint protection film in Melbourne. My friend in Hobart had his GTR R35 done about 5 weeks ago at a place called Invisible Car Bras - Melbourne Victoria Australia

Phone: 0419 435 427. There website is http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/. I saw his car when I was in Hobart a few weeks ago and the guy did a great job.

Thanks Walter. Let me know when you find out about the cowl lock knobs.

Thanks Walter. Let me know when you find out about the cowl lock knobs.

I have attached a website link to a USA Nissan website which has an exploded view of the front of the GTR. If you run your mouse pointer over the item number it will give you details of the part. They do ship parts overseas including Australia.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/gtr-parts-r35..._8034_8036.html

If you need more information it let know. Have you electronically timed your car from 0-100kmh? Alot of the guys can't get under 4.0 seconds including Nathan Ponchard when he did the test between the GTR and the GT2 in the latest Motor magazine. My friend's car is only running 0.8 bar (approx.11.6 pound) instead of the 1 bar the JDM and US spec cars are running. This may expalin the slow times. Nissan has promised all buyers a everyday supercar that can run 0-60mph (96.7kmh) in 3.5 seconds or better. We are putting pressure on Nissan to deliver what they promised.

I have attached a website link to a USA Nissan website which has an exploded view of the front of the GTR. If you run your mouse pointer over the item number it will give you details of the part. They do ship parts overseas including Australia.

If you need more information it let know. Have you electronically timed your car from 0-100kmh? Alot of the guys can't get under 4.0 seconds including Nathan Ponchard when he did the test between the GTR and the GT2 in the latest Motor magazine. My friend's car is only running 0.8 bar (approx.11.6 pound) instead of the 1 bar the JDM and US spec cars are running. This may expalin the slow times. Nissan has promised all buyers a everyday supercar that can run 0-60mph (96.7kmh) in 3.5 seconds or better. We are putting pressure on Nissan to deliver what they promised.

Thanks for the link, identified them. They are the locks for the top radiator support.

I only got my car last week, have not timed it. The delivering Nissan dealer has recommended (insisted?) that engine speeds be limited to <3500rpm in the 1st 500k and then <5000rpm in the next 1500km. Is this BS ? Has anyone else been advised of this ?

With my other cars I have caned (nicely though) icon4.gif them since after 200 or 300 km, no issues.

Thanks for the link, identified them. They are the locks for the top radiator support.

I only got my car last week, have not timed it. The delivering Nissan dealer has recommended (insisted?) that engine speeds be limited to <3500rpm in the 1st 500k and then <5000rpm in the next 1500km. Is this BS ? Has anyone else been advised of this ?

With my other cars I have caned (nicely though) icon4.gif them since after 200 or 300 km, no issues.

/quote]

My friends have been told the same thing and it may have something to do with the plasma lined bores but don't quote on this. I am going to ask them this question during the Col Crawford Nissan GTR Onwers information night on Thursday 18th June so I will let you know what I find out.

Regarding the stone chip protection, I just had my new Skyline protected by Universal Shield in Brookvale.

I spoke with Chris Murphy mobile 0414-752-370 the owner of the company who covered the whole front end of my baby.

I had the bar, bonnet, guards, lights, and side sills plus the top front edge of my roof covered with Venture tape he called it the sports package, I also got him to install a Electronic Rust Gurd kit and he did the paint sealant with Glass Plexin it looks amazing he did a package deal price plus a life time warranty on the film and sealant and a maintenance programe.

excellent Job, you would never know the stone guard is there, I would highly recomend them.

www.universalshield.com.au

thanks mate. thats a great help :)

ta

Ash

I had the entire front of my car, mirrors, etc done by these guys, they were brilliant.

http://www.ozicozi.com.au/index2.htm

The will be able to help you out.

I believe they will ship anywhere.

I had 5 extra layers put under the front skirt.

Hi Gibbo, have you had any stones hit your your stone guard protction yet.

I was driving down warringah fwy to enter the harbour bridge and a car from the next lane in front of me threw up a huge stone that came out on a crazy angle and hit my bonnet, the uni shield worked a treat, I would have had a huge chip if the film wasnt on the bonnet, all it left was a slight dull mark on the film you had anything similar, and BTW did you get 3m or Venture tape film installed on your baby.

• 4 weeks later...

Could these slower times also be due to the fact that the cars are quite new meaning they haven't completely been run in and are a bit tight? Were these tests done using launch control? If so, it probably has something to do with the revised L.C system- I would probably rather a more reliable car even knowing that it is slightly slower to 100. Realistically, how often would you be launching the car from 0-100. If more realistic statistics like rolling acceleration are slower than the JDM and US spec cars then I believe there is massive cause to be annoyed with Nissan Australia. Anyway, good luck with your car.