SAU Community

Penalties For Driving A Manual When Only Carrying An Auto Licence

trav_33

My friend doesnt have an account on here and would like to know what happeneds if your pulled up in a manule car and you only have your auto licnece has anyone been pulled over for this?

he rang licneceing center but they didnt know anything

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving out of class? not sure what the penalty is but one of my mates got done for driving out of class when riding a big bike on his small bike license, didn't get kaned so I don't think it was that huge a fine/penalty.. or I could be completely wrong!

Driving out of class? not sure what the penalty is but one of my mates got done for driving out of class when riding a big bike on his small bike license, didn't get kaned so I don't think it was that huge a fine/penalty.. or I could be completely wrong!

yeah thats what he told me but i said its diff with cars cause auto is totaly diffrent to manule:\ where as motos are pretty much the same

I've heard of different fines from different people, ranging from being let off, to copping a fine close enough to driving without a license.

Tell your mate to get his manual license, problem solved.

I had my auto and needed my manual for work, assessor told me I suck at manual, couldnt shift for shit and counted how many times I stalled, he told me I could have it because he knew I'd get practice driving for work.

Dont tell me your auto only ten four :)

Devoooo.

Id run with driving out of class.

Same as when your ride a motorbike when you only have a car liscense.

You are liscensed to be on the road just not for that particular class of vehicle.

2 points for out of class.

You also lose 2 points for poor spelling and grammar.

Mr keets

so you know of someone geting pulled up and only losing 2 points for driving out of class or just herd about it?

Skyryan, I love your picture, keep watching him thinking he's going to attack my monitor and steal my cold and flu tabs...

"Manual" Enough said :)

Sure that Mr Keets is right, 2 points. My brother got stung for it a few years ago. Not sure if the rules would have changed since then.

I wouldnt drive a car out of class unless it was just a one off time. The penalty might not be that big but remember you would have no insurance at all in the case that you crashed (which would be pretty likely if it was your daily)

Mr keets

so you know of someone geting pulled up and only losing 2 points for driving out of class or just herd about it?

A good friend got done..it was a few years ago, they could have made it more by then.

Guy at work said his mate bought an auto Skyline cos he only had an auto license, then converted to it to manual before he got his auto license. Now, whenever he gets pulled over, he puts an "auto-look-alike" cover over his gear knob so they think it's auto. Worth a shot.

Not if you get into a smash, hit a pedestrian etc.

CTP Insurance is void, and if youve ever spoken to a personal injury lawyer youll find yourself facing a LARGE bill.

+1 on this.

It's all sweet and dandy until you hurt someone, the DPI throws the ball back to you and whoever you injured gets to take your ass to court for as much money as they see fit.

:P

Parents only have autos (p plate license auto), so i saved up and bought a GTR :blink:

saw yr car at osborne park last sat. i have to admit i said to myself "wtf is a L plater driving a gtr" : D

was in the blue 34 btw