SAU Community

Respray On My 34

Hi, ive got an r34 GTT and i wanted to get a respray. Its like a Ferrari red and i really like the colour but its getting a bit faded so i wanted to get it touched up. I dont really care about getting the engine or anything painted i just want the outside done. I was hoping someone would know roughly how much it costs, i thought it might be a bit cheaper considering i want the same colour done or as close to as possible, but ultimately i jsut want it too look nice and new again. I live in Adelaide so if anyone knows of the some places here and roughly prices itd be greatly appreciated.

yer i have, it worked a bit but i think the paints a bit too far gone. It still looks alright, but i want that new car shine lol. I did do the polish myself with a friend so it wasnt professional, but we did a good job and my mates done it few times so i think we did all right. i used good products too. Does it make much of difference if you get it professionally done, i wasnt sure if itd just be a waste of money.

5-7k would be for a full respray all round.

If your just looking to get a exterior respray in the same colour it would be between 2-3k depending if u take the bars off yourself etc.

Cutting back their labour will save u hundreds.

I have the same colour and have the same problem haha.. but im in sydney so i cant help u there man.. Best idea would be to ask in the SA section of the forums for a good shop.. then take your car around and get a quote.. tell them u can take the bars off and put them back on (only if u know how to, its piss easy)

But remember some places are cheaper because they do a shabby job, be confident in who u get to do it and if its not good enough (look thouroughly) dont pay till its fixed, its worked for me before..

there was a pretty popular spray painter in Syd who does exterior respray for $1.5k ..forgot the name but if you search for 'respray' it should be in one of this year's threads. But yeah doesn't help you much if you're in Adelaide .. but still, $5-7k ? LOL. Seriously people, they're not ferraris.

You and your mate will never do a decent polish job. Get a pro detail first then suss it out. A spray job is costly and a factory job is always better.

For the same color, it would cost you $4 k but if you need the add the metallic would be + $2k on top.

Unfortunately, this is the quote from Syd. All prices I said is about respray outside only.

Hope it might give you some idea.

You can have it shipped to Japan and sprayed in the original Nissan factory for $7k.

I've had my old car smash repaired from a major rearend collision and resprayed for less than $7k and that's including a lot of genuine panels etc.

that smashtech place would be wicked if it was in adelaide, does anyone know of anywhere similar here, or even if it cost 2 k it would be sweet, i just dont really know of any places to go to in adelaide.

some weird stuff in this thread

no, you can't send your car back to japan and get it sprayed all for $7k, i may have missed the joke on this. Plus the Japanese are NOT known for the panel beating prowess...

yes you can get cheap resprays, cheap 99.9% = crap.

$5-7k is probably the MINIMUM a good rep place would charge for nice, relatively flat finish.

$7k i would say is a top quality panel beater, with a result you won't have to worry at all about.

There are SOME places around that can do good jobs for around $2-3K (DT Panels in melbourne for example), but they are few and far between. Try and find a workshop that deals mainly in imports.

Please detailed your polishing process. Was it by hand or machine? What are these "good" products? If machine, what machine, what pads and what polishes

Take some pics... i'm leaning towards a pro detail to solve your problems, and i'll post some pics to why i think this a little later.

Once you learn a little about painting and what's involved, you very quickly understand why some jobs cost $2k and why some cost $10k.

car master paint and panel look it up on google for numbers etc... hes a bit of a backyarder but does a really good job for the price. If you dont want your car in any car shows as a trailer queen, and want it as a daily that looks nice than hes your man.

call up tafe and ask for pannel beaters course, they will generally do your car if you supply paint etc for around 1k. but they will keep it for a while as they will be using it to train young pannelbeaters. The job however is mint as.

my mates uncle had his dodge charger done by tafeSA and it was all quality.