SAU Community

Society On Our Roads

sushiboi

Hi guys,

Just needed to vent out some anger, so i thought what better way to do it online..

(yes it will make me feel better if you keep reading)

Well i was driving home tonight after winning a finals game at indoor soccer. As you could imagine i was pretty happy at this point. Now as i get onto Albany hwy and pass Carousel some ass*ole starts to tailgate me. Now being a skyline driver im pretty used to it by now. I dont purposely speed up or change lane as there are 2 other lanes to move to. So after about a good 2min tailgate (doing the speed limit of course) this idiot decides to change to the right of me and speeds up. As they pass by, the typical finger/yelling out the window happens. (No surprises some young bogan looking di*ks in a toyota ute) Now at this point i was glad they were out of the way as i really couldnt be stuffed, however they began to slow right down until they were behind me again. They got back in my lane and continued to tailgate me again, this time chucking their highbeams and floodlights on.

At this point i was really annoyed and didnt really know what to do as i had the mrs in the car as well. I kept driving just trying to ignore them and as i do i hear a something being thrown at the car. As furious as i was i decided to slow right down to see if they would come pass again and cowardly they slowed completely down too. (doing about 30-40kmh towards vic park)

As the intersection approaches the light turns red and just before we get to it, they quickly turn into a side street.

Having passed the turn off i decided just to leave it be.

Now in this sort of situation, what should i have done? Have you guys had similar experiences? What was the outcome?

I just cant believe how inconsiderate/irresponsible society is these days, especially in the younger generations.

Even saw on the news this arvo how rocks were hurled at buses. I mean thats seriously messed up.

Anyway i think you get the idea and i do feel better now. I just hope karma really exists and when the time comes i hope it hits all the bastards hard. (especially for the guy/s who stole kelvs GTR and whoever lit up flakes 13)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f**king hate those people...

something a bit more violent happened to me actually.

on the way back to northam between sawyers valley and the lakes, i'm about to overtake a small bank of cars slowly (at night time), then some douche in a BA GT pulls out in front. fair go, prob didn't see me, wasn't going particularly fast, only crawling past the rest of the cars anyways. ehem. so i decide to be nice and let him go, keep my speed up because he obviously changed lanes to overtake as well. so he slows down. then i see he slams on his anchors, and all these rocks start shooting up onto the car, which made me glad i have a matte black bonnet and pre-f**ked-up bumper. still annoyed me. so i sped up, and he sat there keeping me boxed in. sat there for 30 seconds or so, so dropped back. then he changed lanes, and i go to pass him. he get's into my lane again and speeds up, then plants his brakes. i swerve to the left to miss, he swerves into my lane, and i swerve back and drop to 3rd, and bust out of the situation. gave the ceffy a severe sting to get away from him, then get into the left lane, and squeeze brakes on and drop to the limit. he shoots past doing well over a dollar sixty.

i find out later that he's a father of two from cunderdin in his early 30's.

so It's not all young people.

Mature response, ignore em, if they've made threatening gestures and repeatedly broken road rules and endangered either yourself and/or other drivers, take down details (make/model/year/color, time, date, location), and report it.

Instict would advise you to take something out of your boot related to changing a tire, then take the blind law into your own hands, but as you asked, Karma does exist, with sharp teeth, not much you can do when it comes to trashy society :\

Wow intense..

Right.. my situation..heh.. well i'm bad at telling stories but this is how it happened.

I was driving my camry with passive in the car, we were pulling out of the leech hwy car park when some car went to go at a give way sign but i was like 'uhh..give way' so i went infront.. THIS pissed them off.

As I turned onto leech and you know cruised along headin home.. We stopped at the murdoch drive lights and the car went past and bam.. a water bottle was thrown at my car.. WTF?!

So..my reaction? I pulled the F**k out and chased them... now their car was some little hatchback (crappy as well)... we had 2 cokes in the car still half full... so we ended up throwing the cokes at their car... I got beside them at one point and gf got a really good shot in and threw the coke into their cabin... I didn't exactly get away unharmed as a coke they had from when they got maccas hit the side of my car luckily was fk all really hehe no real cleanin up :rofl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Next story...

was driving down south st (again with passive in the camry) coming home from a movie i think... we were just passing bullcreek shops when a rock hit the passenger side window i went "WHAT THE F**K" as passive lives in this area i knew it pretty well... so i chucked a quick left and knew how to get behind the little bastards to teach them a lesson.

As I was walking up with passive to..you know..confront them.. they were throwing rocks at other cars and hit some other white new car which slowed down but i think saw me comin up REALLY angry and thought 'oh..well he'll sort it out..'

the next part..heh... NOT so proud of..but someone throwing a rock at my car and potentially hitting my gf is a no no. Soooooo 3/4 of the 4 kids run away as the other kid is getting on his bike passive grabs the bike (aggressively), whilst i grab the kid by his shirt and start YELLING at him to get his friends back... fair enough he said it wasn't him... so i said to him to get his friends back.. annnnnnnd i kinda cracked him on the jaw whilst saying it...

Now i'm NOT like a road rage person if someone cuts me off..so be it, if someone wants to merge? i'll happily let them in... if someone throws a rock at my car.. they better be ready for the consequences

ps. if i had my skyline back then and both these scenarios played out... i would be raging and would have probably done worse...

-------------------------

i guess it's just some drivers are jerks, some are douches, and a lot of them shouldn't be on the road! it's just the younger generation really thinking it's hardcore to do things like that... urgh.. annoys the hell out of me :)

but both my reactions to these were pretty immature i know, but really it was spur of the moment... most the time if i'm tailgated and someone is yelling at me i'll leave it... but stuff being thrown at the car etc? no way man!

Edited by Neuroglider

call the cops on 131 444 and tell them what's happening and hopefully they'll get a unit onto it asap

you and your girlfriend don't have to put up with that when it's unprovoked etc.

hope that helps

Man if it makes u feel better i was cruising along in my freshly bought skyline couple chick pull up on the side of me.. leavers to.. smiling n shit so i smile back.. then i hear like what i thought was a tree branch fall on my car so i was like ahh no biggie.. then they hoon off and im like oh ok lol.. 10 mins when i arive at my destination i look at my car and theres a fresh egg smashed on the back .. swear if i see that little mini any where ill run if off the road

yup what Leo said.

Slowing down would only give them an excuse/rant/reason to tailgate, so if something like this happens again, just stick to the speed limit and call the cops.

Yeah i was trying to get the plates but it was raining and the shitbox they were driving was dirty as hell.

As for rocks getting thrown at your car, I guess at the time you just get caught up in giving them what they deserve and i guess when you look back on it probably not the wisest of moves. I can tell you i had a similar feeling though. *cough* Tryin to find something to throw back at the car *cough*

u did the right thing by not bitting bak ..did u get their plates....???dob them to the cops....remember u dnt eva knw what cyco could be behind the wheel.....plus ur gurl is in the car to.............f*k heads.

u did the right thing by not bitting bak ..did u get their plates....???dob them to the cops....remember u dnt eva knw what cyco could be behind the wheel.....plus ur gurl is in the car to.............f*k heads.

Nah didnt get the plates unfortunately... was too concentrated on the bloody wet road.

Yeah i guess in a way im fortunate nothing serious happened to my gf or myself and no visual damage on the car.

Just still cant believe how much bullshits on the road.

If say i did contact the cops what are the chances they'd do anything about it though..

Would i keep following them until the cops intervene? (this would probably mean speeding and disobeying other road rules)

If say i did contact the cops what are the chances they'd do anything about it though..

Would i keep following them until the cops intervene? (this would probably mean speeding and disobeying other road rules)

Depends what you tell them.

Some looser tailgating and pulling the finger, likely no response unless they have a unit close by.

A moron throwing shit at your car, trying to run you off the road, cutting you off etc, they'd have someone on it, probably ask you to stay on the phone, following the car to keep its position updated ??

Never heard of anyone calling that kind of thing into the police though

Reading stories like the ones above really upsets me. i kno theres a lot of dislike for imports in this country, namely the skyline, but i never thought it went that far. I would go nuts if any of this happened to me, but wen i think about it,, wen ur out on the roads in ur 33, ur pretty outnumbered. and i do (even tho i try not to) notice holden and such drivers looking at me and the car and can imagine wat theyre thinking.

But really, i cbf'd caring what they think, i love the car and drivin it, bad expariences are just the bad part that comes with owning a car this good. so i just keep looking forward and block them out, if they wanna race, they can go at it alone, i'll race them to the speed limit.

proud of my skyline :)

calling the cops is pointless.....i had a beer bottle thrown at me and a potential crash happening when some drunk f*C*s nearly kill me and the missus on the free way straight after i went into cop station gave plates etc etc and gave them my number etc and nothing happneed...

calling the cops is pointless.....i had a beer bottle thrown at me and a potential crash happening when some drunk f*C*s nearly kill me and the missus on the free way straight after i went into cop station gave plates etc etc and gave them my number etc and nothing happneed...

Ditto.

I was coming home from paintball one day in the 32, had the mrs in the car.

Cruising along in the right hand lane and all of a sudden a new Range Rover sport that was stuck behind a trailer started pulling into my lane, I was in his way so dabbed the brakes and gave him a toot to let him know there was actually a car where he wanted to go.

Cnt flew off the handle, he passed the trailer then pulled back in the left lane and as I got next to him he winds his window down and starts dishing out the abuse and middle fingers. I was like whatever mate and flipped the cnt off back. Next thing I know he swerves at my car (on purpose), not once but twice - second time only inches off my wing mirror. I didn't balk because at 100kmh on the highway I'm not going to swerve and end up on the shoulder. Dropped it back to 3rd and GTFO of there, pulled into the left lane and slowed down then started reading out the dudes number plate to the mrs so I could ring up and make a report when I got home, he backed right off when he realised we were writing his plates down.

Pretty sure nothing eventuated but as far as I'm concerned, trying to run someone off the highway at 100kmh is attempted murder. I know the car, the face and the plates - god only knows what will happen if I see him again.

If you have your mrs in the car, her safety should be foremost. Any other time, they'll meet Mr. 4D-cell.

Edited by bubba

Yeah shit like that seems to happen way to often, I'll say what my dad says to me, NEVER GET OUT OF THE CAR.

Don't ever get out of the car when someone is doing shit like that. Just keep driving and like everyone else said GTFO of there!

These ppl are all tossers and are probably days away from wrapping their cars around trees or driving into power poles.

Forget about them, they are not worth it.

I never experienced anything like this until i started driving to perth. (i lived in Mandurah)

One night about 8pm i was driving to see my boyfriend with my friends in the car. I was in the tunnel and this green statesman pulled up beside me and started yelling shit like "nice car" so my girlfriend yelled back "rock on" and then it got nasty.

They started yelling and swerving at me. I took the 1st exit as i was heading towards Noranda and they follow still yelling and swerving. I got to about grand prom and they started throwing shit at my car.

At this point i was so freaked out i rang the BF and told him what was happening so to get ready if they followed me all the way to his house. Lucky when i got to Morley Drive they turned off. I got to the Bf's and he was waiting with a baseball bat. Pitty they didn't follow us all the way >=|

That night i got about 3 bottles filled with liquid and one tin of hair gel (which hit my passenger) thrown at me.

I did not understand why people would do this but after living in Perth for 2 years i understand there are lot of angry people driving around and ALOT of crack whores!

Calling the cops does nothing... i had a drunk guy hit me in cannington and i called 000 cause he was drunk and was bout to drive off and i didn't know what i would do...

15 minutes the cops turn up even though the cop chop is 30 seconds away... and i here nothing about it since even though they said they would call and the guy was clearly drunk... 2 years and still waiting...

Moral of the story bash the f**kers so at least you feel better and if the cops press charges on you at least they have to press them on the other guys too :)

I turned into Atwell and was cruising down the entrance road. And from the other side of the road (separated by a lane-wide middle section with trees and you can park there etc), bounces over a football. Some dude playing footy with a kid.

So I slow down as he runs out right in front of me to get the footy, he runs through, sweeps the ball up and over to the side of the road... then looks at me with his arms out like "you want some o this?"

Then I hear the footy hit my car somewhere as I drive past at probably 20-30kph.. what a fkn wack-job. There is no way I was stopping to smack the kunt in the head either because he was a huge tall and tank guy. Just went home round the corner and there was no sign of any damage/marks.

Still, I know which house he was at, don't know if it was his or just visiting. Would have gone back if there was damage... but nothing, so just let it go.