SAU Community

R34 Non-xenon To Xenon Headlight Conversion

Chang

Hey peeps.

I'm currently doing a Xenon headlight conversion on my non-xenon R34.

Now i'm going to be completely honest, i'm a complete nob when it comes to wiring.

The parker lights and main lights are a straight enought wire job and now work fine.

But the high beams on the xenon's have a 4 wire plug, while the non-xenons only have two.

What's the other two for?????

If it helps, I'm not talking about aftermarket Xenon's here. I'm talking about the complete headlight unit off a R34. Oh and yes my xenon's came with a ballast pack and everything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Forget my first post. Only found out that the parker lights fit straight in. None of the main or high beam lights have wiring up to existing non-xenon loom.

Any one else have a clue. Excuse my noobness

Edited by Chang

I converted a R34 back to the factory HID's or xenons,what ever you want to call them last week. its a fairly simple process,just abit fidly. takes about 2 hours or so. altho should be able to do it quicker then that now iv already done it.

Do you have the globes for it already?

you will need a socket set and a 8mm open or closed ended spanner, you will also need a fairly long extension bar for your socket set too as there are a few tight places you need to get to.

Are you in SA?

Jack

Nope, i'm in Auckland NZ lol.

I've searched a couple of threads, and found out AU compliance replace the Xenons with Non-Xenons. So I guess it'll be a easy conversion, as most of the wiring should still be intact.

However, mines factory non-xenon so there's absolutely no wiring for the Xenons to wire up to. That's what i'm trying to figure out right now.

oh i see, do you have the ballast pack,globes,fittings and the wiring for it already then? if you already have it all lay it out clearly on a table take a picture and send it to me and ill show you where things are soposed to go,you will also need to remove a fitting from the headlight itself which can be a little fidly. you will only need to do this if you have the factory fitted set from another car.if you are buying an aftermarket kit then just buy it to suit your headlight fittings, which are a H1 globe.

There not a hard thing to wire up even if your car wasnt fitted with any of the wiring.after all they are just another type of globe, the ballast packs just need power supplied to them,(from the loom that goes to the normal low beam globe thats in there at the moment) then you just need to mount the ballast packs and rout some wiring.

Edited by Jack88

I couldn't be bothered wiring up the Xenon's so I've just exchanged all the Non-Xenon wiring into the Xenon headlight casing.

Here's what I found out during the conversion.

Non-Xenon parker lamps are the same as Xenon ones, i.e a direct fit with same plugs

Non-Xenon highbeam plug is the same as Xenon high beam plug.

So technically it's not a Xenon conversion. Oh well lol. Thanks for the help anyway Jack88. Will ask you in future is I do decide to run the ballast etc.

yea the high beams and parkers arnt Xenon any way,they just use normal halogen globes. only the low beams are.

If you still have both ballasts and HID globes and wiring etc im willing to purchase them off you. PM me with a price if your interested mate.

cheers,

Jack