SAU Community

Got My Tune Touched Up By Guilt-toy, Car Feels Great!

Hi All,

So I was sick of my car's fuel economy & lack of low down power, I know for a fact that it was burning fuel for no reason because the rear of my car is now black, and I get like less than 350kms/tank regardless of how I drive plus it shoots out massive flames everytime I change gears minus the trail of black smoke (rich light/mid throttle tune)

With some forum searching (yes I use the search function, unlike SOME) I managed to run into this guy name Guilt-Toy (Anthony).

We so totally scheduled a day and time to meet up at UAS to use their dyno. First thing put my car on a power run, seemed as though it somehow lost like 20 something odd kilowatts, no idea why? John the owner at UAS said his dyno probably reads abit low, Anthony just keeps telling me I need a bigger turbo and said this turbo is too small LOL... I think his solution to everything is bigger turbo :) Soon Anthony, soon hahaa

After spending around 2 hours on the dyno fixing up my old crappy map, car now hits stoich on cruise/mid throttle and he fixed up parts of the map, i.e. injection to lean it out on some parts, and a tad of ignition just when it builds up boost.

Conclusion:

Car feels heaps better to drive, not so sluggish as before, boost comes on earlier and I THINK it's more economy, but I've only done 100kms since I got it back so I can't say much.

Mods:

- HKS 2535 (boost drops off hard from 18PSI down to 15PSI towards read line) this is where Anthony paid me out lol

- Z32

- powerFC (dur!)

- 450cc S15 Injectors (No you monkeys, S15 injectors are NOT 480cc, that's running a different pressure)

- typical mods

Power loss? not too sure why, probably dyno reading? or from me previously pulling out a few degrees from the map a while back to lessen the knocking.

Whatever it is, my goal was to get the car economical & to improve response and I achieved that. Many thanks to Guilt-Toy, top bloke, showed me everything he did, had nothing to hide! :)

Hitman's Tune & Dyno

post-22311-1246499542_thumb.jpg

Guilt-Toy's Touch up Tune & Unique Auto Sport's Dyno

post-22311-1246499551_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

curse you for going away effy! sooner or later you'll be tuning mine too mate... The skyline i mean, the sigmas off limits roight hahahaha

props where props are due guys effy has made it his business to know skylines intimately so if your looking for someone who is in the know Guilt Toy is your man.

where is he flying to? Come to perth!

Georgia in the former Soviet Union...The Iron Curtain has fallen and Effy is moving in to take over.

He's the top tuner over there already as he's been tuning cars via the mobile phone network linked up to their laptops to crunch the numbers for them. I believe he already has a circuit class national title to his name over there.

He will probably be available to tune cars here still as he can tune via the internet

Edited by DiRTgarage

where is he flying to? Come to perth!

no we dont want that if effy takes one look at the chicks you guys have cruisn the beaches and shops over there he'll never come back. Sorry but we own the right to him. :)

Effy what ecu do you recommend? Power FC appears to be the common one everyone want for skylines, but ive found the adaptronic flawless on my siggy, so im tempted to ditch the factory stuff and rig in a full control ecu? or is that foolish spending???

Cheers for the comments guys.

Yes I am leaving and I am not sure when I will be back. If things do work out for me over there I will come back for summer every year after i get settled.

I have also exported my import. The car is on its way there and I am seriously having withdrawls :)

And I am sending a Dyno Dynamics 2wd Dyno with my car, (Thanks Yavus =)

cont1.jpg

cont2.jpg

I hope to race my car in many different countries around Europe, and I have got some tuning interest in a few countries, Greece, Anguilla in the Caribbean and also in the sphincter of the universe which I will be stopping in there on the 14th of this month to meet with the top drifter there to have a play with his S14 SR20 emanage.

Please invest in some chain to chain the car down, sorry to be seeing you leave, although e85 will probably be a bit more available where you are going.

LOL too late for that. The ship is on its way, has been for the last 2 weeks. I paid a fair bit to get the container packed profesionally by the guys at WSI and they always strap cars like this, even Lambo's and Ferrari's etc etc

Effy what ecu do you recommend? Power FC appears to be the common one everyone want for skylines, but ive found the adaptronic flawless on my siggy, so im tempted to ditch the factory stuff and rig in a full control ecu? or is that foolish spending???

Why do you want to upgrade the ecu ? If i was to suggest a ECU it would be a Vi-Pec V44 plug in. Damn good ecu. When you are ready to get one let me know and I can send you to a tuner in Newcastle to sort it out for you.

This car was already tuned by Hitman before it came to me, the top end and mid range comming onto boost of the map was tuned very good and I could not make any improvements on it at all it was just the cruise and little bit of mid range that I tuned on this car to make it feel better on the street.

Glad you are happy with the tune mate, hope you can come to the Dyno day this weekend! I think i told you about it ? if not then give me a call and I will give you details.

Guilt-toy, you not joking, right ? Guiricha made you go to Georgia ? Nice. Will you still be available for laptop tunes. What made you took off so sudden ? Georgian cognac or women ?)

what day is the Dyno day? I might come make an appearance with my flames :P

see if this dyno displays a different number :P

Yeah its a free dyno day i have put on for the guys who I have tuned cars for to do touchup's etc etc before I go, kinda like a thankyou because without these guys I would'nt know what I do today. You are invited to come mate.

I will send you details in PM

Yeah its a free dyno day i have put on for the guys who I have tuned cars for to do touchup's etc etc before I go, kinda like a thankyou because without these guys I would'nt know what I do today. You are invited to come mate.

I will send you details in PM

Ooo sounds wicked! fire it over Anthony :P

Guilt-toy, you not joking, right ? Guiricha made you go to Georgia ? Nice. Will you still be available for laptop tunes. What made you took off so sudden ? Georgian cognac or women ?)

Yeah, he has been asking me to move over there for a year now, and I kept saying no. Then he bribed me with women and food & alcohol and racing trips all over Europe so I could not refuse =), so I told him if we buy a Dyno then I will come over. - He got the money together for a Dyno that i suggested so its time to start a big adventure :P

Also the tuning situation over there is getting pretty bad, one of his mates got his car all up and running the other day after Guricha spent 2 weeks upgrading turbo manifolds intercooler etc etc and he was told NOT to boost his car.. a hour after getting the car back his itch for boost got the better of him and he destroyed his RB25, there are quite a few cars waiting for me and we have a drag day on the 26th of this month as well and I get to race his car because mine wont get there till August.

I don't think I will be offering remote tunes in Australia, you guys have got plenty of decent tuners here to tune for you. I will only do this for guys who are in remote areas / countries with no other option.

Who did the shipping?? I have a feeling we did it but I work on the import side so im not 100% We use WSI for all our packs and unpacks so it's pretty likely. :P

Who did the shipping?? I have a feeling we did it but I work on the import side so im not 100% We use WSI for all our packs and unpacks so it's pretty likely. :P

It was a company over there who organised it. They did not organise any packing of the container so I had to organise that so I contacted WSI personally and got the guys there to help me out, Tom was very helpfull and the guys there did a great job.

Ok cool, yeah they handle alot of cars there so they do a good job. I remember directing someone to them over the phone who had the shipping sorted but needed someone to do the packing. Can't remember what car or where it was going though.

Ok cool, yeah they handle alot of cars there so they do a good job. I remember directing someone to them over the phone who had the shipping sorted but needed someone to do the packing. Can't remember what car or where it was going though.

That was probly me man!! you work for Cargo online yes ?