SAU Community

Can't Start Car

yUBER

When i tried to start my car it made a loud rattle noise and just wont start the noise is comming from the engine bay. Anyone had this problem before?

Seen this problem on a 200sx once. One of injectors was leaking pretty badly (actually it was squirting fuel out like a hose) and caused a hydraulic lock. We had to remove the inlet plenumn and pour all the fuel out.

Or you could have a broken rod stuck up against the block???

Seen this problem on a 200sx once. One of injectors was leaking pretty badly (actually it was squirting fuel out like a hose) and caused a hydraulic lock. We had to remove the inlet plenumn and pour all the fuel out.

Or you could have a broken rod stuck up against the block???

Well there isnt any fuel leaking at all i still have neally a full tank. The last time i drove it was only for 5mins and nothing sounded like it broke or anything and i didnt drive my car for a week after that then i tried starting the car up and it wont start just makes a fast rattling noise and if i keep trying to start it the rattle gets weaker and weaker.

Well there isnt any fuel leaking at all i still have neally a full tank. The last time i drove it was only for 5mins and nothing sounded like it broke or anything and i didnt drive my car for a week after that then i tried starting the car up and it wont start just makes a fast rattling noise and if i keep trying to start it the rattle gets weaker and weaker.

maybe battery is dieing

how long since you drove it last.... can u clutch start it???

if u can clutch it drive it round for a bit then turn it off, if it wont start again id say its ur starter......

does it turn ova or just tick????

if it just ticks it should just be ur battery..

do u have an imobiliser???

how long since you drove it last.... can u clutch start it???

if u can clutch it drive it round for a bit then turn it off, if it wont start again id say its ur starter......

does it turn ova or just tick????

if it just ticks it should just be ur battery..

do u have an imobiliser???

It's been about a week and a half now since i've last drove it. I can't clutch start it, does not turn over just ticks/rattles and yes i do have a imobiliser.

the rattling noise your hearing is just the solenoide on the starter motor not getting enough voltage to actually throw the gear into the fly wheel and turn the engine over.charge or replace your battery and all will be well again.

Jack