SAU Community

Quick Castor Rod Question

Hi

I just brough a pair of adjustable castor rods for my R32 GTR and I noticed that the ones that I have recieved are straight. my question is doesnt the GTR castor rods have a bend in them (to avoid some suspenion component, i cant really remember) or do the adjustable ones have some type of offset to avoid this bend?

Cheers

Fil.

yes the GTR castors rods should have a bend in them. most likely you've got 32 GTST ones instead. perhaps some aftermarket makers don't make actual 32 GTR ones, but the aftermarket ones I've bought had the bend. (except for the ikeya ones which come with their LCAs as they are completely different design).

good man. and good memory. I had a set of the cuscos too and couldn't remember but now that you mention it I do remeber thinking how clever of them. the little "cones" that fit into the rod end are different sized to offset the position of it in the bracket at the front. thus negating the need for the bend. BUT the china ones I had tried once (for about 2 weeks!) did make bent ones for GTR and straight ones for GTST.

Cheers beer baron and djr81

That is what i thought as well. The castor rods that i brought are the R-spec castor rods. will email the supplier and find out.

Edited by gucio