SAU Community

" rice boy"

man dont listen to no one do what u want. i got so many haters when they look at my car.....omg man his cars shiet its stock...this and that. and when i ask themw at they have...they either got some box or nothign at all.

ppl diss this sorta stuff...like neons...stickers.....coloured head lights....but man they all look good and i garentee u the majority of ppl when they see a proper job on a proper car......all heads turn...and fair enough if some ppl do it to show their car off...woopi do.......do what u want man its ur car..dont hate....

i garentee if anyone was offered a car from 2f2f wth all those stickers and neons...they would trade their car NE DAY...anyone who wouldnt is crazy.

oh and that whole exel against a R34 GTR....man thats a lil harsh. why dont u make it a little more fair.....lets say u put a r33 gtst against a stock r34 gtr. i can say with no doubt there will be ppl who will pick the r33 over the gtr because

1= ppl dont give a crap about speed its how hot a car looks

2= ppl might like 33s over 34s

3 = chicks dont no shiet and will screw the 33 guy hahahhaha

Edited by anDru

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say go for you want

its your car and know ones elses, if you like the stickers then put them on. who care what other people think or say they are probably all just jealous anyway :O

specially the V8 Idiots!!!! I mean they try to rice it up buy puttin monster tachs with shift lights in AUTOS. WTF!!!!

I dont get that :s

:(

yeh i see tachs in autos all the time mostly in commonwhores lol but then again its thier money thier car if it helps them go faster so be it

like some people said before if u like something then do it.. i think heaps of people put things on thier car because they think people will like it more thats just not a car enthusiast if u ask me..

i think the whole rice thing shouldnt be used its just got no meaning n i'm not just saying that bcoz i've got stickers i'm saying it bcoz i think the people baggin some1 by calling them rice boys r nothing but jelous losers...

fair enough, but what if some one does up the exel, lancer what ever and it looks the goods but still is mech standed, whos to say its not fast enough madey the single cam 1.8 is to much power for them so the just want to make it look good. There has to be some sort of respect to some one that can turn a standed mums shopping trolley into some thing that he can cuze with pride, dont you think. Like you park a standed r34 GTR and a standed exel side buy side with ones going to get more atention. But then you spend the remaning $90,000 on the exel then which one will people like more.

hey man unless the hyandai can be used as a plane i'd still prefer the GTR

Edited by assyrian4evaa

Who really cares whats "rice" or not.

Its just another saying. People are free to do what they wish.

At the end of the day what does it matter......

All it shows is how fcked up society is...

Im drunk atm to so pay no attention...........

Edited by Atreyu

1= ppl dont give a crap about speed its how hot a car looks

2= ppl might like 33s over 34s

3 = chicks dont no shiet and will screw the 33 guy hahahhaha

Are you serious? Or were these comments a joke?

If you were then i think you belong at boostcruising........................

Just like to put my comments/opinions in.

I have no issues with bodykits and no performance.

Rice to me is if it's not done properly.

E.g. Seen a completely stock car all over with a massive rear wing.

Seen cars stock all over except for a hektik front bar, nothing else. If you go bodykit, get the whole lot, not just the front bar, or just a rear wing. Even if it is extreme/hektik At least the whole car will match.

Can't stand older model commodores with newer model body kits. Seen so many VN/VP's with VR bodykits. The car shape on the top doesn't match the car shape on the bottom. Get the bodykit for your model...

Dodgy shit is bad, and dangerous.

Do it once, DO IT RIGHT... It need not be an expensive exercise.

ROFL at the RICE citation, I would agree with it!!

As for the 4cyl grommets. I think alot of them can't afford turbo insurance, so a lancer is a good starting platform to start their hobby modificaions. I've been there and done that. I'd say that alot of us have...

Thanks

The answer to your question is simple mate...do your car the way you want not how others are gonna perceive it...in the end you have to be happy with the car not others because simply, your gonna be the one driving it everyday lol...

I used to get some negative comments about my car too because i had a carbon fibre bonnet with bling bling rims but after a few comments everyone has started to change their minds as they see that the overall package is great...SIMPLY PUT...YOUR CAR YOUR CHOICE WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS MAY SAY AS THEY ARE USUALLY THE ONES WHO DRIVE THE LIL 4CYL CRAP BOXES AND MAKE FUN OF OTHERS :)

As for the 4cyl grommets. I think alot of them can't afford turbo insurance, so a lancer is a good starting platform to start their hobby modificaions. I've been there and done that. I'd say that alot of us have...

Thanks

Nope, have yet to touch a Lancer/Excel and I don't intend to. I mean no offence to you but can I ask why bother with a Lancer. I've just always been curious as to why hektic kents (not saying you are, just saying the majority are) buy Lancers/Excels, rice them up, then go cruising or doing laps down muzza streets. ie Chapz laps y0.

Can't stand older model commodores with newer model body kits. Seen so many VN/VP's with VR bodykits. The car shape on the top doesn't match the car shape on the bottom. Get the bodykit for your model...

No shit, I hate people who don't bother thinking about how the kit fits with their car. It's like they see a hektic kit, lets chuck it on just to be hektic down chapz y0!

It's like noobs when designing something just chucking gradients in because it "looks cool" yet it doesn't serve a purpose. If anyone does multimedia at Uni, they will have heard this from their lecturer. :) They hate it :)

My Opinion is ppl rice up hondas n lancer gli n hyundai's, is because they want the fuel efficiency more, the looks impress ppl. its harder to impress ppl with speed. Due to speed limits on the rd, u can only show off so much, i thought about this idea ages ago, i wanted a riced up civic coupe, or a 4 dr lancer gli, evo 4 body kit. They look good so do it.

I'm just against the vn, vp, vr,vs,vt, with monster tacho, auto, exhaust loud as, custom plates, n at every lights, rev it off its tits, to show how powerful it is, sk8n everywhere regardless of whos behind u, u'd think i just dun like commodores, i do n i don't, but too many look alike, n everything they do is so alike.

Unlike all forms of japanese imports, u dunno what lies under the hood, stylish, some fast some not, n the setups ppl do are all different, everyones engines may be the same, but they have different cams, turbos, n stuff like that. its more unique.

In the end didn't end up getting a lancer due to the fact every1 kept beating me to buy one, so i ended up with a 180sx lol. still jap, still rice. its all good

post-32476-1161584407.jpg

LOL funky, i reckon you should transplant one into an excel, and convert it to rwd through a two speed powerglide :D

when you think about it, the ricers are onto something, i read a guys comments one day that were kinda true. ricers cruise with there kits and big sound sytems, and althought the may still be harrassed by cops, i doubt it would be as much as a 'boy racer', then theres the added cost of the never ending hunt for a quicker car, speeding fines, massive fuel bills, and constatnly replacing broken mechanicals

Like some of the other guys here and really being old school type of guy that I am. Ricer was always the loud exhaust (you know the one that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee) all the stickers and monster tach and etc..... And just could get out of its own damn way. As far as a imports I dont really care where it comes from ... All I want to know is can it run like a scolded dawg.

lol i have to add my 2 cents on this thread, i couldnt resist

ricer car = shitbox $5-7g car with massive top windscreen sticker advertising what car it is

5 inch tip on stock AUTO system

crappy large decal of a zig zag on side or something just as unco

a shit sounding sub

and a bright custom paintjob worth almost as much as the car itself

i beleive the theory is the car itself wasnt respectable to begin with so why not blow a shit load of cash so people will look.

skylines on the other hand, they are just works of art. simple/refined is a much more classy look

edit: this pic is a perfect example

post-30005-1161611312.jpg

Edited by thorpe84

lol i have to add my 2 cents on this thread, i couldnt resist

ricer car = shitbox $5-7g car with massive top windscreen sticker advertising what car it is

5 inch tip on stock AUTO system

crappy large decal of a zig zag on side or something just as unco

a shit sounding sub

and a bright custom paintjob worth almost as much as the car itself

You know R33's are fast getting into that category. You can import an early S1 R33 GTSt for about 8k to 9k. Then all your average ricer has to do is put some very readily available bolt ons, a fully sick flutter uleh blow off valve and instant import ricer.

May not be common in other states, but in Melbourne its rampant, with VL commies giving way to R33 coupes with highlighter pen inspired paint jobs and big zorsts, shiny coolah and dose'in BOV's.

That in my eyes is rice... and all on a good performance car. Totally breaks all the stereotypes of rice.

This reminds me of this ricer i saw a couple of months back, n14 pulsar, had massive cannon, its body kit was flapping in the wind, see the battered up paint covered by about a million stickers. it was ridiculous

Well, mate, as you will notice - thats my opinion and that was the original vain of the thread. If you are a rice boy, fine, do what you want, but dont think for one minute that I will change my mind because you think I should. I respect everyone elses ideas, but I still have a mind of my own and when asked for an opinion I will give it honestly, not honey coat it for the infirm or easily offended. As you will notice, I stated 'I call it', dont really pretend to speak for anyone else, why do you think I should curb my remarks? Do you think I shouldnt give my opinion, even when someone posts up asking for it?

Lets get real for a second, there are actually people out there who see stock lancers and hyundais done up with kits, neons stickers etc, but obviously have nothing else - and will laugh their arse off at them and call them all sorts of names, wanker being a mild one. Now why sugar coat the world? Why give the impression that things arent as they seem. People do laugh their arse off at rice, people will call ricers by far more vulgar terms than 'wanker'. Get real, lets see the real world for what it is.

Oh, and by the way, you will probably notice, I didnt make any negative comments about anybody elses opinions - because I respect the right of individuals to have an opinion and voice it so why dont you?

Then again, no dont answer, I dont care - thats your opinion, and if you cant accept that I have my opinion, I dont want to know of yours.

I agree with you - lot of sugar coating in this thread. Why can't ppeople tell it like it is?

If you put stickers down the side of your car, I, (along with probably 95% of the population) will laugh my ass of at you. I am being honest. I am not going to BS and say "do what you like it is your car" touchy feely BS. Then when you rev your non-perfomance car at me at the lights I will giggle and take off on one eighth throttle and still beat you.

Rice is a plague that needs to be eradicated.

EDIT - and one more thing, people keep saying chicks dig hot cars and will have sex with you bla bla bla in this thread. Err no......... that is your 17 year old pre-pubsecent fantasies shining through.

Edited by merlin6014