SAU Community

Nissan Skyline Gtr, Vspec + Series 3 - Rare Kr4 Silver

Hi guys and girls,

I'm putting my 1997 R33 Vspec GTR (Series 3) up for sale.

I personally inspected over 80 R33 GTR's (no exaggeration) and it took me over 3 and a half years to find the right one, but it was worth the wait. The car is as close to mint as possible with all original factory paint. It is the rare R34 GTR KR4 sonic silver in colour, which is unique to series 3 only. This is a guranteed genuine GTR, genuine V-spec and genuine series 3.

The car has been in Australia since 2006 and I am the first and only Australian owner. It has been serviced every 5000k's since I have owned it and touch wood - I have not had a single problem with it in these 3 years. There are currently 76xxx km on the clock.

The car has only ever been driven on weekends and if it even looks cloudy outside, it stays garaged. The car has never been taken to the track or strip and to be honest, rarely ever really boosted past 4,000rpm on the road - im just not that kinda guy.

Only the necessities and a few sensible upgrades are present - as you will see below in the below mods / features list.

A few weeks ago, I had a brand new Apexi Power FC (RRP - $1700 + labour) and a brand new Apexi Power intake kit (RRP - $549 + labour) professionally installed. I also had the car tuned (cost $600). I have also just bought a new Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller (RRP - $579 + labour) which will be installed shortly.

This car is more for a collector, admirer or someone looking for a perfect base for a project, which has not been pre thrashed.

That being said, the car was just tuned a few weeks ago and puts out a proud 222rwkw @ low boost (12psi), which is still enough to put most other cars on the street to shame. Dyno sheets are available. To make it just that little bit sweeter, the boost has since been raised to 14psi - but I havent had it dyno'd since so cant tell you a power output, all i can tell you is you better hold on to something when it comes on boost and theres plenty of room for modifications if you want even more power.

The car also has the very rare and sought after genuine factory Nismo oil cooler kit with the extra intakes on the front bar (note - this kit is worth over $5000 on its own, if you can even find one!) I have only ever seen one other car exactly the same as this, series 3, V-spec, in this colour and with the nismo oil cooler kit. It sits in the Nissan gallery in Japan. I dont think there are any others like this in Australia, or many others like this in the world. (I know thats a huge call, but i'm serious!)

I am willing to take interested INDIVIDUALS for a drive, however you will not be driving the car until a deposit has been received - no exceptions.

Anyone who knows enough about GTR's knows what a mint series 3 V-spec example is worth, and more importantly - that you get what you pay for.

All the hard work with this car is already done, its ready to be enjoyed. :)

My asking price is $33,500.

Please note - I'm not interested in trades, sorry.

A summarised description and modifications list is attached below.

The car is located in Sydney, If interested - you can call me anytime on 0434 929 257.

Cheers!

Overview -

Model - 1997 R33 Nissan Skyline GTR V-spec (Late model - Series 3)

Colour - KR4 - Sonic Silver (Factory R34 GTR Dark Silver)

Modifications -

Engine and drive train -

- Standard Garrett T28 twin turbo setup

- Active 4WD + Active LSD

- HKS boost controller (will be removed and new Profec B Spec II will be installed)

- Pivot turbo timer

- Original lowered v-spec suspension

- Adjustable front tension (caster) rods

- HKS full hard pipe kit

- Apexi twin power intake pod filters (New!)

- R34 GTR AFM's

- Full custom exhaust system

- High Flow Catalytic converter

- Apexi Power FC ECU (New!)

- Tomei fuel pump

- Tomei fuel rail

- Upgraded fuel pressure regulator kit

- Nismo oil cooler (complete kit with extra bumper intakes - RRP $5000+)

- Braided hose set for rail / regulator / cooler

- Nismo engine mounts

- Nismo gearbox mount

- C's close-ratio short shift gearbox kit

- Heavy duty clutch

- Upgraded Series 3 GTR gearbox synchros

- Standard R33 GTR front mount intercooler

- Original GTR Brembo Brakes

- Original GTR front and rear strut bars

Interior -

- Genuine factory Nismo 320km instrument cluster

- Original GTR bucket seats

- Updated Series 3 red stitch interior

- Genuine GTR floor mats (hardly used)

- Pioneer DEH-P6850MP head unit (CD / MP3 / WMA / I-pod compatible)

Exterior -

- Genuine factory series 3 Xenon Headlights

- Nismo bonnet lip

- Genuine v-spec rear bumper pods

- Colour coded genuine Series 3 GTR lower lip with larger intakes

- N1 front bar air intakes / slots

- Original Adjustable GTR spoiler

- Factory series 3 rear R34 brake light pattern + rear fog lamp

- Original 17' GTR forged alloy rims + lock nuts (With Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 Rubber - 70% - 80% remaining!)

Security System -

* Near new full security system details to be provided to the new owner upon purchase. Will definately be a nice suprise for you - cost me lots of $..

Pictures attached -

post-54322-1248155252_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155311_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155365_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155415_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155475_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155539_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155585_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155631_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155683_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155736_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155809_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248155921_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248155984_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248156089_thumb.jpg

Cheers mate, appreciate the kind words. :)

UPDATE - A brand new Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller was professionally installed today. (RRP - $579 + install cost!) Just like my old boost controller, i had it mounted behind the steering wheel for easy view and access.

I took a few happy snaps of it with my camera phone so you can see how great it looks, both in the light and in the dark!

post-54322-1248181183_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248181200_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248181216_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248181235_thumb.jpg

I have also had a few general questions about the tune and fuel consumption.

When I had the car tuned, I advised I wanted economy over power. Mark from Hills Motorsports in Sydney surpassed my expectations and delivered a safe tune, which has both - great economy and more than enough power for the street.

Driving it lightly around town I have had up to 480km to the full tank, highway K's around 550+, which is obviously brilliant for a GTR. ;)

Cheers for the comments guys.

Sorry about my delay in response, i havent checked this thread for a few days. I didnt mean to make it that obvious that selling her isnt on the top of my priorities list. haha ;)

C-gtst - I will see what I can do about some more pictures for you. I did spend around 3 hours cleaning the engine bay this afternoon and i took some quick happy snaps afterwards. I'll put them up for you - they are a bit boring (i only took them so i could admire my cleaning job - not to post on the forum!) but hopefully this will be enough to feed curiosity until i find / take some good ones.

A note to all - if I havent replied to your PM's yet, sorry - it only lets me reply to one every 5 mins and if i was to reply to all in my box (just about the car), i'd be here for the best part of an hour. For those who asked, - the car was auction grade 4.5. I may even still have a copy of the paperwork somewhere in one of my folders, i'll have a dig around.

If you have any questions about the car or want to put in an offer - please dont hesitate to give me a buzz, but please dont just call and ask how much cash it would take to convince me to drive you to your school formal in it.

On a side note, i've also declined 2 offers pretty close to my asking price, but just not close enough. Anyway, this should give you some sort of bearing for negotiation / any offers you have in mind.

Please keep the questions, comments and kind words coming - its only 1:58am but reading your replies have already made my day :)

post-54322-1248450503_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248450596_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248450846_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248452573_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248452486_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1248451057_thumb.jpg

post-54322-1248450646_thumb.jpg

Pics attached as requested.

I went nuts with the happy snaps. Couldnt pick which ones were the best, so i just posted the whole series! haha

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any more questions - please ask!

Cheers!

Part 1 -

p1010509j.th.jpg p1010528h.th.jpg p1010560o.th.jpg p1010571p.th.jpg p1010575i.th.jpg p1010583p.th.jpg p1010587wjg.th.jpg 280720091231.th.jpg 280720091241.th.jpg 280720091242.th.jpg

Part 2 -

280720091247.th.jpg 280720091249.th.jpg 280720091250.th.jpg 280720091254.th.jpg p1010359w.th.jpg p1010360p.th.jpg p1010361.th.jpg p1010365fjf.th.jpg p1010367p.th.jpg p1010374g.th.jpg p1010382h.th.jpg p1010386l.th.jpg p1010390x.th.jpg p1010394t.th.jpg p1010395l.th.jpg p1010397.th.jpg p1010400y.th.jpg p1010406s.th.jpg p1010412d.th.jpg p1010413.th.jpg p1010434k.th.jpg p1010439k.th.jpg p1010444i.th.jpg p1010463c.th.jpg p1010482j.th.jpg p1010484d.th.jpg p1010496c.th.jpg p1010501h.th.jpg

Edited by dan_the_man

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate,

Car is for sale - however if it sells it sells, if it doesnt - it doesnt. :laugh: I havent listed it on carsales - etc, the only ad up is the one you see here.

Either way - all the hard work is done and she's ready to be enjoyed, so thats just what i'll do until the right buyer comes along! :)

Edited by KR4-GTR

Hey mate, cheers for the kind words!

I have the day off tomorrow so will get some pics done of the rear 3/4 and from the back.

Will also add more standard pics as per requests from Cgtst.

If anyone else has any requests please let me know and ill try get them done tomorrow aswell.

Edited by KR4-GTR

Looks like my last post with all the pics got wiped out with the skylines australia downtime / required database restore -

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/To...in-forum14.html

Stay tuned, i'll repost them - but due to the quantity its a time consuming process so stay tuned!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Gorgeous car. Wish I had the cash (and that the wife would undertsand!)

Yeah, I understand mate - It would definately be hard to explain to her why you're getting all the extra attention from the other ladies as you drive by in your new series 3 GTR! :P haha

For those who asked about the condition of the interior -

Seats are mint and are the original S3 bucket seats with the red stitching. I've always had them covered since the day i got it and it also had seat covers on it when i got it - so safe to say they have probably always been covered. Also, no cigerette burns on the front or back seats or on the floor which is rare for a jap car. As per above, original GTR mats are included and are also almost like new. (I drive without shoes so they havent been rubbed, and the original mats look like they were always covered by other mats which came with the car aswell when i got it).

The rest of the interior is also mint, no holes from extra gauges or any scratches from removal on the original dash. If you want to be fussy, you could pick on a small hole in the carpet near the clutch where your foot naturally rubs against it. If it fusses you, a good upholster could probably patch it up. But i'm fussy and it doesnt bother me, so you'll most likely be okay. :(

And no, the engine covers and plenum have NOT been detailed or sprayed, they are just in great original condition - like the rest of the car.

Again, please post in this thread or call instead of PM's - as it only lets me reply to one every 5 minutes! :)

Cheers for the questions and for taking the time to write the great comments guys, appreciate it!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Hi mate,

Looks like you're having some trouble posting on here! :( You can always call me if you want!? - 0434 929 257.

Presuming you can read this (why else would you be on here otherwise!) - but unfortunately, I cant read your message! Looks like japanese?

Cheers for taking the time to try anyway - dont give up!

(Can anyone here read / translate??) :angry:

Edited by KR4-GTR

Thanks for the translation and the link - I'll definately use it in the future!

Great to see the pics will be going to good use, if I knew you were going to wallpaper them I would have done some photoshop work first as they are just raw pics! Even the plate blanking was a quickie! haha :)

Also, Makihiko - thanks for taking the time to post, glad i got your message - that means alot coming from you! Living so close to these cars, you would know your stuff so thanks for the kind words and confirmation that she's special! :down:

Edited by KR4-GTR

Thanks for the PM KR4-GTR, I certainly would love to look at a car like yours. However at this stage I can only spend $24,000. Like yourself I am quite pedantic and seek perfection. I want something that has been kept very well. I may not be able to find something to the level I desire for this price so while I keep shopping, I will keep saving... Then soon enough the crossroad to my perfect GT-R V-Spec will come... It might even be yours (if it's still available).

PS: I couldn't PM back as I haven't quite hit 10 posts yet.

Edited by Shinrai

Thanks for the PM KR4-GTR, I certainly would love to look at a car like yours. However at this stage I can only spend $24,000. Like yourself I am quite pedantic and seek perfection. I want something that has been kept very well. I may not be able to find something to the level I desire for this price so while I keep shopping, I will keep saving... Then soon enough the crossroad to my perfect GT-R V-Spec will come... It might even be yours (if it's still available).

Good luck with your search mate, have fun shopping! Be careful, because theres alot of crap out there, but there are a few good ones floating around aswell! Anyway, its also a fun time, just dont jump into anything, make sure you do your research and buy a good one!

Yep, you never know - I may still have the car when your ready to buy! I havent listed it up for sale properly on car sales or anything, the only ad up is the one you see here! She's one of a kind and i'm still enjoying her too much, so i'm not desprate to let her go, but if someone came along with my asking price i'd sell. :happy:

Sometimes it is worth saving just that little bit more cash to get a great example, instead of getting something cheap and having to dump 10k more into it when stuff starts breaking on you.

Even if you want to take a quick look just to compare this car to the early model GTR's that are floating around for the 25k+ mark - i'm happy to arrange something for you. I'm sure you'll be impressed ;)

Any further questions about my car, or shopping around for a GTR in general - please dont hesitate to ask!

I like your new avatar pic. Makes the car look even minter! Good luck with the sale.

Cheers mate, appreciate the kind words! Have had a few requests come through for the bigger versions, so here they are -

post-54322-1249177473_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249177482_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249177495_thumb.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR

Easier to post in here then replying to a bunch of PM's. (Of which SAU only lets you send one every 5 mins!) :happy:

Anyway, Car is on hold pending payment.

Will keep you all posted, so please hold off all enquiries until further notice.

And John, I spoke to you tonight about flying over to see the car (I dont know your SAU ID sorry so I hope you get this message). Will keep in touch if things fall through, but the person which has put in the accepted offer seems quite reliable - so dont hold your breath. :)

On a side note - if the sale goes through, it will be weird not having her in the garage. I'm starting to feel like less of a man already. haha!

Edited by KR4-GTR

THIS THING LOOKS MINT. I HOPE YOU DID NOT GO 2 MUCH BELOW YOUR ASKING PRICE COS ITS WORTH EVERY CENT. I HAVE BEEN HANGING OUT FOR A 33 OR 32 GTR 4 A LONG TIME N NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE HAS COME UP. WISH I HAD THE CASH ALREADY IM KICKING MYSELF COS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT. WILL WATCH THREAD.

Edited by matty09

Well that was quick, car is available for sale again as it looks like the buyer had issues with the cash (im not going to go into it, standard story - we've all heard it before).

First person to call me with a reasonable offer gets the car.

Apologies to all I either called, PM'd or emailed last night out of courtesy to advise car was on hold. Please disregard my previous message.

Anyway, a note to all - if your undecided, not ready to buy, or simply dont have the cash - thats cool, just please dont waste your time or mine, and more importantly - the time of other important potential purchasers.

Edited by KR4-GTR

damn this is exactly what my mate is looking for. Same colour, same year and he seems like he'd go hand in hand with you because he's pedantic with his r33.

Until he got his tax bill last week. Hence why you haven't heard from him because he'd be wasting your time atm.

Best of luck with the sale mate

Yeah good point, she is a one off :(

Hey, you already bought the old radio from me out of this car, maybe you can buy the rest of it piece by piece if you want it that bad!? :( Haha, only kidding!

If she doesnt sell, i'll personally take full responsibility - haha should have listed it on car sales, but cbf!

I'm ready to go ahead and buy a 34 GTR as soon as i find the right one so i'll probably just keep this car and use it as a daily if it doesnt sell shortly. (Would also be better then selling it and being left car less, not knowing when the right 34 GTR would come up!)

So - on that note, if any of you guys stumble on here and have a bayside blue 34 GTR for sale - PM me! Cash is ready and will be paid in full.

Edited by KR4-GTR

Sorry about that. The car has rego until april next year, so no worries in that space. Car is also fully owned and doesnt owe any cash or anything suss.

On a side note, a brand new heavy duty battery was also recently installed (cost just under $300) and the car just had a full service around 2,000km ago. Brake pads still have around 70% remaining, whole body is straight without a single dent, etc, etc. I could babble on for ages, but wont bore you. haha :)

Edited by KR4-GTR

why is this not sold, obviously its in near new condition, just look at the engine bay, most have paint crackling off the intake plenum... I would not even think this car has been driven to its ability looking at the condition... and such a cheap price. keep it...

Its all my fault that it hasn't sold! I've been a tough cookie and rejected offers that were 7.5% less than my asking price.

I know what else is available for sale, i also know the history of some of them in great detail (that might be sad on my behalf, but i did step into the skyline / GTR scene around 8 years ago, 3 of which i spent searching for this one! haha). Based on a shapshot of the current market, i've priced my car accordingly - and i'm glad you think its fair. :) I've said it before, and everyone already knows - but you get what you pay for with GTR's. ;)

The car actually almost sold a few days ago, its a shame that it fell through! He seemed like a really nice guy, knew what he wanted and deserved a good one. I dropped the price because i liked him, and also because i knew it was going to a good home - which to me are the most important things in a potential buyer! haha :D

Had another guy come and take a look today - he was pretty much speechless while i showed him and looked like this the whole time - :P Again, his offer was just a LITTLE bit less than my bottom line so it was declined. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, heres a few more pics i took this afternoon, maybe they'll gauge some more interest! :D My girlfriends 25t is in some of the pics, but hers is obviously not for sale!

post-54322-1249569691_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249569742_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249569794_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1249569893_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249569931_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249570259_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249570400_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249570432_thumb.jpgpost-54322-1249570497_thumb.jpg post-54322-1249570617_thumb.jpg

As always, any questions or requests - please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great night guys, and thanks again for the great comments! :D

Edited by KR4-GTR