SAU Community

Members Hanging Rock Cruise Wrap Up

CAJFLY

ok well i would like to thanks wayne for another great cruise. good turn out and also loved going through king lake. i really didnt know how bad the fires where there till today.great roads and twisties except for the road kill that was in the middle of the road and i couldnt make it around lol. oh well it was already dead so i dont feel bad bout it. everyone feel free to post pics and what not. cheers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Wayne for once again organising an awesome cruise :P Cant wait till the next one!

Turnout was awesome and weather held up reasonably well!

Sure Cas will post up some pics that we took throughout the cruise including JamesK in a sexy pose... LOL

Thanks Wayne for organising a great cruise, and for what must have taken quite a while to write the cruise notes, which were a godsend to some of us who got cut off due to traffic lights at the start. Fantastic to meet some SAUers IRL for the 1st time. Sorry for those names I can't remember, but think I met Leon who was driving the lead car with Wayne as shotgun? And Justin/Jason can't remember who was driving - dudes were you holding back intentionally? I know even an N/A can go faster than that :P

All in all, a decent day with the weather holding up. It was quite awesome to drive through the burnt out pillars of the trees in some areas and see the tiny new green leaves sprouting out again. The runs through the twisties were pretty good. Those narrow mountain roads with the sheer cliffs falling off mm beyond the white lines really made you focus on driving :happy: Did you guys see the roo on the left when we were flying? I nearly shat myself when it looked like it was about to cross the road in front of me.

Didn't realise we were actually going to climb Hanging Rock, but I desperately needed the exercise. Think I lost a few kgs :P

My car got leaner too... -50kg fuel, -20kg subwoofer, -100g adjustable section of rear spoiler :blush: Thank god didn't damage anyone else's ride.

Thanks AJ for the fast pics. Good shot of the roo! Will upload some of my pics when I get a chance. Looking forward to video footage from AJ and James.

Im glad you all enjoyed the day.

I will knock down some tea and get back on and do a short run down of the day for those who missed it

Also have some pics aswell.

Cheers

Wayne..

Thanks heaps wayne. Another magic cruise mate. once again good turn out and the weather held up. good work on chosen the roads. some nice twisties. thanks again wayne lookn forward to the next one. :P

thanx again for a great day wayno.... merowyn and i had a blast as usual :P

the weather held up nicely for us today... which was a blessing!

cant wait for the next one... is that mine or do we have something else before then?

and james.... i can see you lurking.... TURN YOUR RAINBOW LIGHTS ON!

thanx again for a great day wayno.... merowyn and i had a blast as usual :P

the weather held up nicely for us today... which was a blessing!

cant wait for the next one... is that mine or do we have something else before then?

and james.... i can see you lurking.... TURN YOUR RAINBOW LIGHTS ON!

Remember how i told you that i flicked the rainbow switch on ?? :happy:

He was driving back from BP with them on!!! hahahaha

Another VERY WELL executed cruise by Wayne, thanks mate; the time and effort is greatly appreciated :P

Awesome roads, good company and some nice mountain views, with a little exercise to stretch those legs, after a long drive, what more could on ask for.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and so did all other people i was talking to.

Thanks to those with the cameras, those pics are looking great, keep them coming!

Thanks Wayne for organising another great cruise, the car needed a bit of workout and it sure got it!

Had to check that the roadkill didnt tear the exhaust off the car, sounded like it bloody did when it happened! Oh well no real damage, just need to clean the excrement off the front bar :P

I wouldnt mind 'hearing' some of that footage AJ :happy: Nothing better than cruising with the windows down listening to RB radio.....

I was infront if him for a bit too and all it probably shows is my boat understeering onto the other side of the road :P

You think that was bad...i ended up on the other side of the road shaking like a leaf more than once lol