SAU Community

Hicas Lock Bar Installation

agentx

While we have a thread open and I can't be f**ked searching, which is the best (not necessarily the most expensive) lock kit to get?

While we have a thread open and I can't be f**ked searching, which is the best (not necessarily the most expensive) lock kit to get?

I got mine from "New Parts" Section on Nissansilvia ages ago. from QLD seller. was $99, had all the parts easy to install. nice strong bar. wasnt a cheap hollow feeling.

som1 would know this.. my when i pulled out my Hicas system out i realised on the inside part where the tie rods connect to the hicas bar that my stock unit was Welded together.. would this be a method of stopping hicas? all related pipes and such were already removed.

That's why I want to lock the HICAS. I've heard it's fairly unpredictable at certain speeds and I'd like to be able to control my oversteer without another variable in the already large equation.

That's why I want to lock the HICAS. I've heard it's fairly unpredictable at certain speeds and I'd like to be able to control my oversteer without another variable in the already large equation.

I hear people say that all the time. I bet 95% of the people who say it have read it, but never experienced it. When Hicas does its thing, 99% of the time you don't feel it. If you're pushing hard and you do feel it, just go with the flow, it's certainly not un-predictable if you understand what it is going to do..

Why remove all that tech and development in hopes that a solid bar will do a better job, especially if has never been a problem for you. Don't remove it just because you read something on a forum somewhere, some clever little Japanese men put a lot of thought and money into designing a system that does some really clever things to improve handling and driveability. If a solid bar was better, Nissan would have installed it in the factory...

Unless you're trying to reduce the weight in the car, and you never plan to drive around corners (eg drag car), or you plan to do loads of drifting, save yourself the $$ and learn to enjoy the hicas.

hicas wont effect the avg daily driver, wont even notice it. but for track it just adds to things you have to be aware of and expect.

this pic might help ppl who dont get how hicas works

post-62461-1249514692_thumb.png

Edited by GT-R 32

Problem is, this is a computer controlled thing...and it's not constant...being dependant on speed and your angle of steering. Judging by the pic above it's just an unnecessary variable thrown into the equation. I don't want to get used to controlling it, as for the most part of track driving I can only see it being detrimental. I can appreciate the technology that went into it, but just like traction control and ESC, no thanks.

See I actually liked Honda's four wheel steer (atleast the one in the 2nd Gen preludes). It only operated at low speed so it made the things a dream to park (had to be careful of front wheel drive oversteer when booting through round-a-bouts) and didn't affect handling at higher speed.

That's what I thought HICAS was going to be like before I bought the car.