SAU Community

Powercruise

markus_

Lee's the name :P

says over there <----- :P

And no problem, couldnt do much with busted thumb but meh awesome fun/tiring weekend.

Lol i know your name now...

Your thumb is GROSS!!!!!!!! :(

Edited by SweeT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that it was a missed opportunity mate, but don't think it is the clubs fault for that though. The club just didn't get the expression of interest. its not the clubs job to post up advertisements for these sorts of events, its up to us as individuals to organise things, and if there is enough interest then the club may get involved. There simply wasn't enough people wanting to organise anything. Everyone knew about powercruise ages before, but obviously people didn't want to get involved with their own cars, or whatever the reason was.

Next year if no one else posts up an EOI thread, then ill try to get something organized for anyone that wants to go, but i will be there for sure.

When i say club i dont mean the head's of the club i mean everyone, silwa have a front page that has events listed, i know i know its to hard todo as we share with the whole of aus and they are only WA. i'm not really trying to point fingers just wish more was done, If i wasnt so new to this scene i woulda been happy to organise something, but my cars out of action as am i and i wouldnt know the first thing about car shows let alone what we are allowed to do/show that has the clubs name on it....Just feel as tho nothing happens here....or am i missing things? i dunno

sorry for any confusion or my spelling or lack of knowledge, i just felt a little dissapointed as i love skylines alot. 

When i say club i dont mean the head's of the club i mean everyone, silwa have a front page that has events listed, i know i know its to hard todo as we share with the whole of aus and they are only WA. i'm not really trying to point fingers just wish more was done, If i wasnt so new to this scene i woulda been happy to organise something, but my cars out of action as am i and i wouldnt know the first thing about car shows let alone what we are allowed to do/show that has the clubs name on it....Just feel as tho nothing happens here....or am i missing things? i dunno

sorry for any confusion or my spelling or lack of knowledge, i just felt a little dissapointed as i love skylines alot.

Nah mate, i agree, i was actually disappointed with the number of Skylines there. But the forum and the club are different things, so can't really say its the clubs fault no one was there.

I noticed a few threads about people going to Powercruise, but there was never really much interest in it

Actually speaking of all this organising stuff, Motorvation comes back on the 16th of January, maybe we should get something organised to get a club thing going there?

I haven't looked in the forums to see if anyone has started though, and i have never been to Motorvation so i wouldn't know how it all works, but im sure we could find out?

yeh oh well, aslong as someone organises SOMETHING!! to get us all i one spot even its its just 2 sauwa members it'd be nice! just so all the skyline ppls can hang there with or without cars.

Maybe i'll do it next year who knows lol but i'll be trying to get car ready for then!! *need more moneys* :P

Yeh tell me about it lol. My car should be running and ready barring any problems that arise (TOUCHWOOD!!!!), but i will only be doing the cruise and show side of things, after the turbo goes on, then ill be looking at other events :P

sounds good, yeh i wouldnt mind giving everything a go ay, need to get to some drift pracs before hand tho haha, all depends on timing! long ways off yet!!

powercruise was ok this year. but the weather sucked so didnt get that much track time. got a bit of drift practice in so that was ok. there werent many cars that could keep up with me on the straight even though i could only give it half throttle in second otherwise the wheels would spin the federal 265 semi's (track was slippery). the only run where a car pulled away slightly was with a vx commodore racecar (the sponsored one) but it was a fully stripped out racecar and i saw it beating alot of ppl so im not complaining and it only pulled half a car length on me coz i wasnt getting traction in second.

If SAU does not do a club entry next yr your welcome to come park up with SilviaWA :P

I hope that i will be as organised as this yr and we will have a even better display!!

ur a pretty good driver for a girl lol!! u were hell givin it shit round the track n good to see girls drivin fast cars like that. i was enjoying runnin u. u may need a bit more boost thou next time :D (ANGR33GTS)

Actually speaking of all this organising stuff, Motorvation comes back on the 16th of January, maybe we should get something organised to get a club thing going there?

I haven't looked in the forums to see if anyone has started though, and i have never been to Motorvation so i wouldn't know how it all works, but im sure we could find out?

Pretty sure it's too late of MotorVation Entries. I've been a couple times, but never sufficient interest for a club entry, I guess there just aren't enough bogans driving Skylines :P

Thats not the case. I am entered with a certain car club with 7 skylines for motorvation. Its a club comprised of imports who want to stick it to the bogan V8 at MV. Its moreso which friends/people group you want to hang with. Clubs like antilag have a fair number of skylines and enter MV consecutively, but associate more so with antilag crew. MV entry's close in a couple of months (Nov 30), the early bird finished on 30th of Sept. So there is heaps of time. Its just whether you get enough interest, and a strong start. Like if 3-5 SAUWA senior members entering their great skylines, then others will follow. Silwa had a huge entrant number at power cruise, which was really impressive and their previous MV entrys were very good too.

Yeh i think it would be great to get a SAUWA group entered, could we atleast put the word out and see how many we can get?

The only thing i wasn't sure about (As i said, ive never been to Motorvation, i have no idea what goes on there) is what events do you have to be involved in if you enter your car? Because on their website it says they get around 1000 applications and only 800 cars can get in, so i imagine they would want everyone to be involved in the drags and burnout comps and stuff like that? Im not too keen on that with my car yet, i would just like to enter it as a show car, and if they do it at Motorvation, a cruise car. Atleast until the turbo goes on

Well if SAUWA Cub was to bother putting any money into it, then yes they'd have to be SAUWA Members, if you just want a group of SAU Skylines then no they wouldn't have to be. The criteria for entry is fairly hard these days, as they have more entries than spots available, so there is a reasonable chance you wont get selected.

Yeh i would like to keep it as SAUWA members only if its possible. So what happens if we get 6 people that are definites, but then 2 or 3 of them don't get let in? Does SAUWA cancel the application, or do we go ahead with 3 or 4 members? My car meets all the criteria that they list, although i imagine there is a fair chance my car won't be accepted as it's a non-turbo.