SAU Community

Powercruise

markus_

Well ill put up an EOI for Motorvation and if it happens it happens, if it doesn't then its no biggy, atleast people can't complain there was no effort.

Bard i would be interested in a Show n Shine, the only thing is wouldn't that pretty much just be a meet for SAUWA people lol? Wouldn't be many other people there. Not saying that is a bad thing, just that if we can't entice people to sign up for a huge event like Motorvation where there will be thousands of people, what are the chances of getting people to come and park their car on an oval somewhere? I suppose I would be interested though...

Definitely start the EOI, I will be happy to help set up and organise some of this if needed.

But yeh, the Club Motavate Show and Shine is going to be pretty big. You guys should definitely enter is you are interested.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, but Mandurah is only Mandurah. Its like going to Barbagallo Raceway from Perth city. Or Kwinana motoplex from Osborne Park.

So not that far. Also with the new freeway extension it will be very quick to get to Mandurah.

Bubba, they will not really mind the grass getting trenched :)

There is also the train for spectators. 45 mins from Perth city and there is a bus that goes to the Foreshore = where the show and shine is held

Edit: Bus/train info

Edited by reNEGaDe88

Yeh, but Mandurah is only Mandurah. Its like going to Barbagallo Raceway from Perth city. Or Kwinana motoplex from Osborne Park.

So not that far. Also with the new freeway extension it will be very quick to get to Mandurah.

Bubba, they will not really mind the grass getting trenched :)

Haha, yeah, it's not that far. I'll try and make it down for a look see. Get Monga to post it in the events section, if it isn't already.

Well, looks like i might enter that as well :) Hopefully have the leather interior by then.

Renegade, cheers for the offer of help, im writing the EOI now. Want me to PM you what i have written and you can tell me if you think its good, maybe add something? Also, were you at Powercruise in the 31?

Long and short of it dude is that SAU, officially, even SAUWA, doesn't actually do anything car related, we've probably got more paintballing events.... Buy a sticker, because they're cool, and then y'know... That's about the end of it.
Yeh, why not change that up a bit. SAUWA was big in like 05 with silWA combined cruises and stuff.

I don't mean to be rude, but the guys who run SAUWA have moved on a bit, we need some new blood for the club, and to run a few more car related events.

They still do cruises which is good. Go kart days are still happening. AHG/RAC skidpan days happen a fair bit. A few more drag days etc would be good.

Hey fellas,

Probably a good idea to do your homework before you make generalising comments with little to no basis whatsoever.

Events run by SAUWA 2008/2009:

Dyno Day At Tenagah Motorsport - February 2008

Sauwa Members Only Cruise - April 2008

Sauwa Poker Run - May 2008

Sauwa Gokart Endurance Race - August 2008

Combined Silviawa/sauwa Cruise - September 21 2008

Sauwa Members Only Cruise - September 2008

Sauwa Steak Night At Hippo Creek. Saturday 22nd November 2008

Sauwa Meet And Greet Night - 28th november 2008

Driver Training Event @ Ahg - 2 events - December 13th 2008

Official Sauwa Members Only Cruise - March 2009

Sauwa - Silviawa Combined Cruise Sunday March 29th, 2009

Track Day! Ahg Driver Training - July 2009

Official Sauwa Members Cruise - 9th August 2009

Endurance Kart Racing Event - 15th August 2009

Official Sauwa Cruise, 6th Of September - 2009

Sauwa Driver Training Oct 10th - October 2009

Events to be run by SAUWA late 2009:

Sauwa Paintball Day - Sunday, October 25th 2009

Sauwa Members Cruise - 8th November 2009

Sauwa Driver Training Nov 29th - 2009

more cruises/driver training and fun days there than actual club representation at events. I dont have issues with the events we do have, its club rep at car shows/big driving events with other cars and the likes.

Edited by snoop

I guess it's all about what you're into, just cause it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean SAUWA wouldn't support our members from having a Club Entry. I like MotorVation, have entered 3 times, and spectated numerous others, so I'm not interested in going again, but doesn't stop us putting in a club entry if there is the interest :whistling:

As I said we'll happily support any events our members are interested in, but no point whinging we weren't there after the fact :thumbsup: (Not directed at Bubba)

Don't reply to my post while blasting the other tools for whinging!

Also calling newer members like myself and others whiners and tools really shows how awesome we handle ppls concerns about this stuff. Really makes us feel soooo welcome and wanna hang around. 

Also calling newer members like myself and others whiners and tools really shows how awesome we handle ppls concerns about this stuff. Really makes us feel soooo welcome and wanna hang around.

Mr Higgins,

Bubba's comments are his own opinion. Do not confuse that with the opinion of the committee.

Paul (gts-t vspec) was merely stating that there is no point crying over spilt milk. Instead perhaps, in the future you could come up with ideas before the event happens instead of complaining post event.

as i've stated before, i'm new to this sort of thing and wouldnt know where to start, i just expected to see a little more from sauwa than i did i realise now i obviously was naive to think otherwise, sorry.. but in future when i know what i'm doing i'd love to help out more there.

Edited by snoop

as i've stated before, i'm new to this sort of thing and wouldnt know where to start, i just expected to see a little more from sauwa than i did, but in future when i know what i'm doing i'd love to help out, nos there. i realise now i obviously was naive to think otherwise.

I'm unsure what you mean here:

"i just expected to see a little more from sauwa than i did,"

Can you explain your line of thinking please?

like i just expected that sauwa or members or someone woulda organised something, to my disappointment there was not a lot, i know i know we've been through the not entering as a club thing, but ya know as i've said before even if it was 2-3 cars and just a place for the members to call "home" so to speak... i feel like I'm just going in circles here and need to speak political jargon to make yas try see my point, Cant say Sauwa as a whole as you stated you wernt as a club blah blah i'm done with it.

as i've stated before, i'm new to this sort of thing and wouldnt know where to start, i just expected to see a little more from sauwa than i did i realise now i obviously was naive to think otherwise, sorry.. but in future when i know what i'm doing i'd love to help out more there.

As a club we aim to do events that our members are interested in, but there was no significant interest in either PowerCruise or MotorVation, hence why there wasn't a club presence. If members are interested in attending an upcoming event as part of SAUWA then all they need to do is notify the Committee and we'll happily assist in making it happen, but tell us after the fact isn't any good.

It's up to our members as to what events they'd like SAUWA as a club to attend. We do have a primary focus towards driver training and motorsprot, but equally we do social events, cruises, charity events etc.

Hope that helps to clarify our position.

Yeh as my current EOI for MV2010 is proving, there is not much interest from SAUWA members for these events. It is quite disappointing, but at least if we don't get anything together for MV, then this time people won't be able to say "thought SAUWA or members or someone wouldve organised something". Ive done the organizing, now when it comes to people signing up is where we fall apart, there just doesn't seem to be much interest in it. I realise my EOI hasn't been up for long, and we still have awhile before cut-off date, so im still optimistic that we can make this happen. But only 18 replies, less than 120 views, and only myself and one other member putting our hands up... Easy to see why there is a lack of representation at these events.

Edited by Hanaldo