SAU Community

Has Anyone Read This ?

skins

At work bored as anything (side note is it possible to die from boredom ?) trawling the internets and found this link

http://www.rsconference.com/pdf/RS050037.pdf

Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

arrange illegal behaviours.

Apparently thats a bad thing. Who else finds this either offensive or aggravating ?

Apology's if this has been posted before or I've put it in the wrong place .

I dont know about other states but the majority of the police (thats right there is 1 or 2 out there that are ok) on the gold coast act as if the definition of "hoon" is that you drive an import.

Up until 2 months ago i had always driven old shit boxes that i used to thrash around and drive like an idiot and I only got pulled over twice in 3 years (never fined)

As soon as i buy a skyline which I drive quite un-hoonish ive been pulled over 5 times in 2 months (still havnt been fined though)

Raaahhh it just bugs me :P

Well I find that interesting. You know what would be funny, if everyone one here got togther and made a complaint about one of the unmarked cars in the cop registrar to the Traffic Returns Analysis and Complaints System (TRACS).

Edited by dave32gtr

Well I find that interesting. You know what would be funny, if everyone one here got togther and made a complaint about one of the unmarked cars in the cop registrar to the Traffic Returns Analysis and Complaints System (TRACS).

Hahahah that would be f**kin funny

On another note, I dont mean to be one of those people that has a personal vendetta against all police cause there is the odd, and i mean real odd occasion that they are decent when they pull you over.

Im always extremely polite when I get pulled over so I dont give them a reason to rape and pillage what some would call not very "road worthy" car. But unfortunately with most of them it just doesnt matter what you were doing or how you act they just have it in for modified/imported cars :)

On another note, I dont mean to be one of those people that has a personal vendetta against all police cause there is the odd, and i mean real odd occasion that they are decent when they pull you over.

Im always extremely polite when I get pulled over so I dont give them a reason to rape and pillage what some would call not very "road worthy" car. But unfortunately with most of them it just doesnt matter what you were doing or how you act they just have it in for modified/imported cars :)

At least you had better luck than me, I got pulled over because the police thought I was swearing at him... don't ask as I have no idea how that came about, I didn't get booked in the end

At least you had better luck than me, I got pulled over because the police thought I was swearing at him... don't ask as I have no idea how that came about, I didn't get booked in the end

Hahah

I bet he was just using that as an excuse

perhaps u were talking about breakfest with bacon and they assumed it was reffered to them :down:

so when we get together for a meet up/ bbq and "network" with each other, we are hooning. FFS i hate this.

"the typical hoon drives a car that is 10 years and older". I have a 19 year cold. Lock me up, i'm definitely a hoon.

Oh and LOl at 3.1

If you have a car older than 10 years, a Jap import and live in South East Queensland, you are definitely a hoon. And should probably give up hope of driving without being pulled up.

FFS, how do i complain about the massive ass 4WD's that clog the street, can't find second gear, can't get to 60, and hold up traffic. How do i complain about the people that do 80 on the highway, then magically find their accelerator in the overtaking lane. How do i complain about people too lazy to use their indicators in their bmw's?

And where are the police in this? Pulling up "17 to 25 year old males". Because all 17 to 25 year old males are hoons. @#$%^

raahhh raahhh raagh.

end rant

Edited by lachlanmann

"This group, typically referred to as ‘hoons’, tend

to perform organised illegal street racing activities in vehicles that are often defective and

unroadworthy."

this made me LOLGASM. most of the time our cars are in way better condition and way more sutible for the road than the bladdy holden owners ( brand new and old). Commodores come off the production line with next to no brakes :blink: way to go QLD Police

"Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

arrange illegal behaviours"

how is that illegal? so im not allowed to pull over and admire a cool car? then all the free car shows are illegal and we should seriously stop them!!! The scoundrels!!

who ever wrote this stupid thing is retarded

Edited by Alec

Drifting: this is performed when a vehicle approaches a corner or intersection at relatively

low speed and is then rapidly accelerated through the corner causing the rear of the car to

slide out and the tyres to slip on the roadway and screech.

so are high-speed or handbrake entries legal?

Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

so sitting around eating ice-cream on a thursday chatting about shit is ilegal now... :blink:

Edited by 32_Dave

so when we get together for a meet up/ bbq and "network" with each other, we are hooning. FFS i hate this.

"the typical hoon drives a car that is 10 years and older". I have a 19 year cold. Lock me up, i'm definitely a hoon.

Oh and LOl at 3.1

If you have a car older than 10 years, a Jap import and live in South East Queensland, you are definitely a hoon. And should probably give up hope of driving without being pulled up.

FFS, how do i complain about the massive ass 4WD's that clog the street, can't find second gear, can't get to 60, and hold up traffic. How do i complain about the people that do 80 on the highway, then magically find their accelerator in the overtaking lane. How do i complain about people too lazy to use their indicators in their bmw's?

And where are the police in this? Pulling up "17 to 25 year old males". Because all 17 to 25 year old males are hoons. @#$%^

raahhh raahhh raagh.

end rant

"This group, typically referred to as ‘hoons’, tend

to perform organised illegal street racing activities in vehicles that are often defective and

unroadworthy."

this made me LOLGASM. most of the time our cars are in way better condition and way more sutible for the road than the bladdy holden owners ( brand new and old). Commodores come off the production line with next to no brakes :P way to go QLD Police

"Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

arrange illegal behaviours"

how is that illegal? so im not allowed to pull over and admire a cool car? then all the free car shows are illegal and we should seriously stop them!!! The scoundrels!!

who ever wrote this stupid thing is retarded

Drifting: this is performed when a vehicle approaches a corner or intersection at relatively

low speed and is then rapidly accelerated through the corner causing the rear of the car to

slide out and the tyres to slip on the roadway and screech.

so are high-speed or handbrake entries legal?

so sitting around eating ice-cream on a thursday chatting about shit is ilegal now... :P

Agreed ;)

The ppl responsible for writing this are complete stains and need to be slapped.

Edited by Danski

2.2 Demographics

Hoons are often stereotyped as male, aged between 17 and 25 years, of low income and a blue collar worker or unemployed. However, there are exceptions to this rule, as outlined by the TRG, including wealthy Asian students, young women, and relatively wealthy middleaged businessmen.

In Queensland the most predominant types of vehicles used by hoons are Holden and Ford sedans or high performance Japanese models. Modifications of both a legal and illegal nature are often made to the Holdens and Fords to enhance performance. A number of Japanese models are imported and can be purchased for under $20,000. No modifications are required for these vehicles as they are already high performance and are therefore desirable to hoons

what a load of shit... well im 22 so only another 3 more years and ill no longer be a hoon regardless of the way i drive... :banana:

2.2 Demographics

Hoons are often stereotyped as male, aged between 17 and 25 years, of low income and a blue collar worker or unemployed. However, there are exceptions to this rule, as outlined by the TRG, including wealthy Asian students, young women, and relatively wealthy middleaged businessmen.

In Queensland the most predominant types of vehicles used by hoons are Holden and Ford sedans or high performance Japanese models. Modifications of both a legal and illegal nature are often made to the Holdens and Fords to enhance performance. A number of Japanese models are imported and can be purchased for under $20,000. No modifications are required for these vehicles as they are already high performance and are therefore desirable to hoons

what a load of shit... well im 22 so only another 3 more years and ill no longer be a hoon regardless of the way i drive... :)

Hahah sweet only 1 an a half years for me.

This has got to be the most silly piece of writing that I have ever read

On one hand they say cars that are 10 years or older

Then they say late model cars Can't they make up there minds

They also rave on about age of men then include older men so thats all men

and now also they say young woman.... not putting any age on that are they now lol

Note this was compiled by a woman if the heading is true (Lisa)

So that just about covers all of us dont you think

I dont like "hooning" as it is called as much as the next guy

I have seen to much road rage in all my years of driving and it gets you no where

There is no silver bullet to fix every thing without some cost

But there are places you can go for fun - Fast Driving - Drifting - Burnouts - Etc

That is at a Race Track or the like...

and the sooner we have this fixed the less you will see of it on all our roads

Sorry to rave on but I do see both sides with merit

Police using a big stick is not going to solve this

And people gathering will always happen

So why not work together instead of fight each other

Make a few more places where this can be done with no lose of life as this is everyones goal

If police spent as much money on trying to solve this as they spend now we will all be the winners

Cheers

P.S. Sorry to rave on but this is my 2 cents