SAU Community

Rrp Enquiry And Comparison With Nagtroc

Just stumbled across this thread at NAGTROC - and the thing I notice the most is that GT-R's there get sold at RRP, or at least people shop around as much as possible to get it at RRP. People really try to get it as cheap as possible.

Comparing with the thread on this forum that had buyers list their driveaway prices, the prices that are 15-20K higher than our RRP for the car.

Just wondering - the strength is in number, why can't people just hit the dealers hard to bring the prices low as possible.

PS: this is the thread where a US dealer got blasted by a number of members for offering an GT-R for a markup that would be acceptable for buyers in OZ, no questions asked:

Dealer offer to US buyers at NAGTROC

Just stumbled across this thread at NAGTROC - and the thing I notice the most is that GT-R's there get sold at RRP, or at least people shop around as much as possible to get it at RRP. People really try to get it as cheap as possible.

Comparing with the thread on this forum that had buyers list their driveaway prices, the prices that are 15-20K higher than our RRP for the car.

Just wondering - the strength is in number, why can't people just hit the dealers hard to bring the prices low as possible.

PS: this is the thread where a US dealer got blasted by a number of members for offering an GT-R for a markup that would be acceptable for buyers in OZ, no questions asked:

Dealer offer to US buyers at NAGTROC

There are a number of things working against us here in Australia:

1) The RRP for the Premium GTR is $155,800 +Dealer Delivery, Rego etc etc. The extra money is the dealer delivery charges, in some cases up to $15,000. Whilst this may seem like alot the fact is that there are fewer dealers offering the car here than in the USA, additionally there are fewer cars here than in the USA. Originally we were to expect 200 cars in the first year, this was cut to 100 cars.

2) Our market is not as mature as the US market in terms of time since launch to now. The US has had there GTR for more than 18 months, we are only 4 months into our release still, as such deals are few and far between, especially since supply is now less. There are a couple of great deals that have been done, I know pricing as low as $160k drive away all the way up to $185k drive away, and that was before the price rises.

There are deals to be done if you are at the right place at the right time and are ready to buy.

I am not sure what kind of deals people hope to see here, however if you are willing to play a bit of hard ball and do your homework then you could get the pricing very low, otherwise you could be paying 25k more than your neighbour.

There are a number of things working against us here in Australia:

1) The RRP for the Premium GTR is $155,800 +Dealer Delivery, Rego etc etc. The extra money is the dealer delivery charges, in some cases up to $15,000. Whilst this may seem like alot the fact is that there are fewer dealers offering the car here than in the USA, additionally there are fewer cars here than in the USA. Originally we were to expect 200 cars in the first year, this was cut to 100 cars.

2) Our market is not as mature as the US market in terms of time since launch to now. The US has had there GTR for more than 18 months, we are only 4 months into our release still, as such deals are few and far between, especially since supply is now less. There are a couple of great deals that have been done, I know pricing as low as $160k drive away all the way up to $185k drive away, and that was before the price rises.

There are deals to be done if you are at the right place at the right time and are ready to buy.

I am not sure what kind of deals people hope to see here, however if you are willing to play a bit of hard ball and do your homework then you could get the pricing very low, otherwise you could be paying 25k more than your neighbour.

This all makes sense Gibbo. Sometimes it just makes me think that the Yanks are just bloody good negotiators. Is the dealer deliver that really bothers me though - wash and prep, that will be 15K Sir-jeeeezz.

160K is a decent deal IMO, everyone wins, dealer and the buyers, plus the numbers we get will be greater too.

$15k DD is just silly. I thought $5k was bad enough, but i paid it, given the hilarity and mystery of getting on "the list" at the time etc.

I did hear a few month now that DD will be removed in at least one Oz state, pretty sure they said it was New South, but looks like that goss was incorrect. My point is that dealer already makes money if he sells at RRP + (SD and Reg), so what the hell is the DD for :)

I just love the yanks approach - sell at RRP or even below RRP or we won't do business hehehe.

PS: I just saw an add - the Vic dealer wants 21K for DD. 187K on the road - you gotta be kidding me. Are these people for real. Anyways, rant over.

Edited by rehab2010