SAU Community

Where To Get Sedan Mudguards/mudflaps

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to the forums, been browsing for a while, and in the process of purchasing an '04 300GT. Just tonight, I noticed that some of the V35 sedans around have some type of mudguard thingys attached behind front and rear wheels, but the one I'm buying doesn't. I'm thinking that they might come in handy as I'll be doing some driving on dirt roads from time to time (the folks place) and would provide some extra protection from stones/grit throwing up on the skirts. Anyone know if they're available anywhere?

Cheers,

Richard

ps. not getting the 19" rims shown in the pics for the same reason above, even though they look pretty nice, add to that I can't afford them right now either!

post-64415-1249918098_thumb.jpg

post-64415-1249918127_thumb.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to the forums, been browsing for a while, and in the process of purchasing an '04 300GT. Just tonight, I noticed that some of the V35 sedans around have some type of mudguard thingys attached behind front and rear wheels, but the one I'm buying doesn't. I'm thinking that they might come in handy as I'll be doing some driving on dirt roads from time to time (the folks place) and would provide some extra protection from stones/grit throwing up on the skirts. Anyone know if they're available anywhere?

Cheers,

Richard

ps. not getting the 19" rims shown in the pics for the same reason above, even though they look pretty nice, add to that I can't afford them right now either!

my experience..... the mudguard is so hard to clean~ :P , unless u've got a trained right/left arm to handbuff it, otherwise its hard with machine buff due to the edge/angle

my experience..... the mudguard is so hard to clean~ :D , unless u've got a trained right/left arm to handbuff it, otherwise its hard with machine buff due to the edge/angle

I don't really care how hard it is to clean - if I have to hand buff it, then that's what I'll do!

I've spotted some Infiniti G35 splash guards as they call them available from the US - would they be the same as for the V35?

exactly the same. go and order some.

I replaced mine with US G35 coupe splash guard when I accidentally scrape it.

when the replacement came it had USG35 written at the back of it, and guess what when I took off my oem one? same part number.

I have noticed that there is a difference in shape between the Infiniti 03-04 splash guards and the 05-06 splash guards, besides the 03-04 being two tone and the 05-06 being completely body colour. I want the completely body colour guards, so just wondering if anyone knows if there's any actual difference in the rear quarter panels of the 03-04 Infiniti and the 05-06?

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed that there is a difference in shape between the Infiniti 03-04 splash guards and the 05-06 splash guards, besides the 03-04 being two tone and the 05-06 being completely body colour. I want the completely body colour guards, so just wondering if anyone knows if there's any actual difference in the rear quarter panels of the 03-04 Infiniti and the 05-06?

No Difference at all, Nissan dropped the 2-tone look in 2005. If you pick up a set of earlier ones all you need to do is paint them

No Difference at all, Nissan dropped the 2-tone look in 2005. If you pick up a set of earlier ones all you need to do is paint them

I emailed Riverside Infiniti and the guy there reckoned there was a slight difference in the sheet metal between the 03-04 G35 and the 05-06, reckoned the later ones wouldn't fit. Have to say though that the later ones look a lot nicer in shape, aside from the paint issue.