SAU Community

Thinking About An Apprenticeship

Nic_A31

I'm looking for work, the job I've got is taking me nowhere but backwards. I want to start an apprenticeship, something in the auto industry.

Eletrical, Trim, Paint or Panel, in that order, not really keen on mechanical. I check ApprentiCentre and Seek atleast once a day, which is sad.

Does anybody know of any apprenticeships for those trades, willing to take on a 20 year old, with a 2-4 week start ?

The closer to Midland, the better.

I know, until I hit 21 and adult wages it'll hurt, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make. $300 per week for 1 year isnt too bad, its not like I have anything to piss that money up on apart from my cars anyway.

If so, PM would be much appreciated.

or, email is [email protected], mobile is 0431 598 320.

Cheers

Nic

hey man, just some insight, if you have the smarts try going for an electrical apprenticeship, if you enjoy it there are hundreds of fields you can take and it generally pays better in the long run, im a first year on 500 a week so it should hurt you too much :huh: and i know alot of apprentices that are above you age so just show interest and you'll nail one :P

• 2 weeks later...

just found this...

To be entitled to an adult rate of pay an apprentice must be of the specified adult age at commencement of the apprenticeship. An apprentice who becomes an adult during the course of their apprenticeship shall not become entitled to applicable adult rates of pay

just found this...

To be entitled to an adult rate of pay an apprentice must be of the specified adult age at commencement of the apprenticeship. An apprentice who becomes an adult during the course of their apprenticeship shall not become entitled to applicable adult rates of pay

Not all companies will follow that. A guy at my work was on $9 as a first yr then we all got a raise and he also turned 21 at the same time ended up on 9 one week and 25 the next.

Apprentices get paid pretty well I think. a 4th year at a good company will be on only slightly less than a tradesman.

tbh i've been thinking the same thing...

im 22 now and pondering going into automotive (in same way or form...)

basically got cert 3 and 4 in IT and half my diploma (bit bored of IT..) working in the mines but soon to be let go due to end of contract..and i want something to do with cars seeming as i <3 my car to death and want more to do with it lol if the starting wage for an adult is like 35k or something (or MORE?!) id be up for it haha.. besides...can you get worse than working 2 weeks on 1 week off 6am > 6pm in summer in the outback? lol

interesting though i didnt realise you could go to an adults wage and stuff...hrmmmm

basically got cert 3 and 4 in IT and half my diploma (bit bored of IT..) working in the mines but soon to be let go due to end of contract..and i want something to do with cars seeming as i <3 my car to death and want more to do with it lol if the starting wage for an adult is like 35k or something (or MORE?!) id be up for it haha.. besides...can you get worse than working 2 weeks on 1 week off 6am > 6pm in summer in the outback? lol

5 till 8, in summer, with no air con... I would've died to have worked on the mines, but no, had to be a farmer's son lol...

A janitor aside, farming by far one of the most shocking jobs going around... Hence why I moved to Perth! :P

tbh i've been thinking the same thing...

im 22 now and pondering going into automotive (in same way or form...)

interesting though i didnt realise you could go to an adults wage and stuff...hrmmmm

If You do look for an apprenticeship. Try the bigger and well known companies as they usually offer good wages and better working conditions.

I'm a 2nd year electrical apprentice, I really don't do much a lot of the time and I have very little responsibility :P

i looked into this a while ago, wageline say adult wage is min $460 before tax a week last time i called, but they said depends on the employer and obviously overtime and stuff. also think there may be some gov incentives to, but didnt look into that to far.

i know range ford are looking for apprentices atm, and they tend to favor mature age a bit from what ive heard.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• They're available from Nissan! I was able to buy a GTR (R33) one.. relatively* recently. Perhaps this stopped now but I bought mine ... relatively recently. I believe the 300ZX one has a different knee-point which is more rear biased, which I think the HFM one echos.
    • Hey Team, A bit to unload here. Hello from New Zealand I have a 2009 Nissan Skyline 370GT ( Type SP ) Auto 7 Speed, that I've had since 2022 and have loved the car since. Its painted in its factory QAB ( White Pearl ) with the Impul front lip and rare boot lid/spoiler with woodgrain interior. Mods since I've bought it and installed: Stillen Gen 3 Long Tube Intakes Motordyne Shockwave Catback Exhaust JDM Skyline Taillights Fake carbon spoiler and front grill ( Will be taking off.... its cringe ) VR30DETT Transmission from the Q50/Q60 to hold up to 550 Foot pounds of Torque ( 753 nm ) reliable  Currently I plan to turbo the car and have all the parts needed ( Photo Included ), I have my tuning day set on August 8th and choosing EcuTek as my tuning platform. Two of my work colleagues has their 370Z ( Manuel ) and 370GT coupe ( Type SP - Manuel ) also turbo'd and they have inspired me to get it done I have prepped quite a wee bit for this, as I had done the VR30 transmission swap over to this car so that I can achieve my HP goals without torque being an issue. I've taken quite a cautions route, as im always thinking about the safety as well as performance with my build, I'd rather do it properly and not cut corners etc etc. Any who, I've recently picked up the AutoStrada cruise control kit with all the included cables/wires/instructions. I've been hella researching around and can't find much on the integration that it has with the ECU and/or system. the only reason why im asking is, because I'm getting EcuTek and one of them RaceRom features allows the ability to switch maps via the cruise control function, which I am currently in the grey area if this would add-on via the Canbus will allow me to switch maps or have the option to use Cruise Control to begin with ( showing up on the instrument cluster to advise Cruise Control being set etc etc )  Because of my model being Type SP, Cruise Control on these models was never an option from factory unfortunately.  Anyone here that is able to shed some light on if the Cruise Control via AutoStrada gives OEM ability over the cruise control. Would love and appreciate any response and/or assistance with this, also happy to answer any question about my build and ill try pitch in where I can. Warm Regards,  
    • I thought the only (new) BM57 that was readily available was the one that was a BM57 but with the wrong bias. HFM or someone's?
    • Sorry I mean, from my limited understanding of this, a direct bolt on BM57 will do the exact same thing as a 370z BMC otherwise would. I.e it should be a perfect match for the 370z kit.