SAU Community

Rb26 Coil Pack Cover Wanted

Shinrai

I am looking for a RB26 coil pack cover. Preferably red (from R34 GT-R) or black as a second choice, but even more important I would prefer something in good condition without chips or scratches.

Please post here or PM if you have one available.

I am in Sydney and can pick up at your convenience or I can pay for shipping interstate.

Ok, thanks to a member here, I now have a coil pack cover. However, I lack the bolts necessary to fit the cover! :( Does anybody here have a set of bolts for a RB26 coil pack cover. I need the 8 alan key bolts that hold the main part on, I need 2 more bolts (I have 2 already) for the metal heatsink thingy (sorry, don't really know what it is) and if possible 2 bolts for the rear (closest to the firewall).

I would be willing to pay $20 for a full set of bolts that I need.

I would even consider purchasing another coil pack cover if someone had the bolts I need to fit it... I will just have to try and sell the one I just got. If you have a coil pack cover with a full set of bolts, please PM your asking price.

I know I could make a trip to Bunnings and try to find them but last time I did that it took me 30 minutes just to locate the right guage and thread type and even then I had to come home and saw some length off.... Unless anybody else has some advice?

Edited by Shinrai

Why was your valley cover removed in the first place is the question??????????????????????????????????????

I believe it keeps things cooler. Was there a specific reason for so many question marks?

Do you have reason to believe there is something suspect about a car that you haven't even seen? It is in near immaculate condition apart from a couple minor things like the cover I am looking to acquire.

Hey David,

Nice to see you again active on the forums! :D

I actually used to have a few spares of the screws in question laying around in the shed somewhere - if i can dig them up you can just have them. Anyway, they are pretty generic so any mechanic should be able to give you a hand.

If we are talking about the car im thinking of, the engine kept missing under high load so the valley cover was removed to keep things cool and also so when it did happen it was easy to test which coil was playing up.

But this was all a few years ago, presume coil packs have now been replaced or the faulty one was found and the cover was just never put back on. Nothing to worry about.

Im also not a fan of lots of ????? and dots either ..... - they imply something but mean absolutely nothing. haha

Edited by KR4-GTR

Hey David,

Nice to see you again active on the forums! :D

I actually used to have a few spares of the screws in question laying around in the shed somewhere - if i can dig them up you can just have them. Anyway, they are pretty generic so any mechanic should be able to give you a hand.

If we are talking about the car im thinking of, the engine kept missing under high load so the valley cover was removed to keep things cool and also so when it did happen it was easy to test which coil was playing up.

But this was all a few years ago, presume coil packs have now been replaced or the faulty one was found and the cover was just never put back on. Nothing to worry about.

Im also not a fan of lots of ????? and dots either ..... - they imply something but mean absolutely nothing. haha

What exactly does "missing under high load" mean? I haven't noticed anything like that at all. There is only one minor engine annoyance that I will have rectified asap. Sometimes when revs are high and suddenly dropped, like when approaching lights and popping it out of gear to brake, the engine sometimes stalls.

I am sure this is an easy fix, that a regular service may resolve.

When the engine was under load or high boost - it would miss some times, but im presuming it would have been fixed by now anyway as this was a while ago - so great news if you havent experienced it! Just keep an eye on it when you put the cover back on.

Yes - the stalling problem (in the period i knew one of the previous owners) was always a small problem with the car. The AFM's were already changed - etc but it was still happening, so did not appear to be the cause of the issue - which is weird!

Anyway, id suggest to start at bare basics and check the AFM's again - get it hooked up to a comp and check both. If either one (or both) is faulty, then just replace it. Hopefully this is it as its only a few hundred bucks for a new one. It wouldnt hurt to replace them both to ensure the other wont give up and cause you more issues shortly after. Its normal wear and tear, I replaced both of mine with R34 GTR ones when I bought the car and have had no faults since (touch wood!) - so its highly recommended.

The brother of the owner who put it into national car connections is on the forum - I actually asked him if the stalling problem was still evident in this thread - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ca...tr-t270342.html - page 2, his user name is sir_rb. He said it never had stalling problems in the time his brother had it - so it could be a fresh fault just with similar symptoms. Hope you get it sorted soon! Stuff like this sucks, sometimes its like an expensive easter egg hunt trying to find the fault. :blink:

And if you need help - make a thread! We're all here on the forum to help, welcome to the skyline family! :)

Edited by KR4-GTR