SAU Community

Garage Saurus Ecu

simongilbert

Hi,

My mate has an R33 Gts-T. The car has a bosch 600hp fuel pump, Garrett 2540 turbo, blitz BOV, trust intercoler setup, elec. boost controller, and a Garage Saurus ECU.......

My question is this: Are Garage Saurus ECU's straight plug in's?? Or are they just remapped factory ECU's?? As I have recently figured out a nagging turbo issue with this vehicle I am wondering if the ECU will adjust or change certain aspects itself. I thought after sorting the turbo and boosting issues out that I would do some diagnostics as the car is not idling well. Found a diag forum on SAU and decided to try it. Pulled ECU out only to find 3 things missing: 1: 2xIndicator LED's and 2: Idle Adjustment Screw.

You can actually see on the board where these things should be yet they are absent. So would this mean the entire ECU has been changed?? I would have though that if it was just a remapped factory ECU then these things would have still been on there. Also there is zero signs of the ECU having ever been Nissan oriented eg. no part number stickers, no Nissan badging anywhere.

Does Garage Saurus or did they sell/make complete swap ECU??

If somebody could help me out with this so I can tell Tenagah here in Perth when it goes for a dyno. Also put my mind at ease as its a real headache trying to figure out why the car won't idle properly now.

Cheers,

Simon.

All Jap ECU's are tuned to 100 RON, we only have 98 RON here.. generally they are just stock ECUs with the jap tuner's chip inside (I wouldn't put one blindly in one car it wasn't tuned for)