SAU Community

Wtb; R30 Coupe

FJ20DR30

Should read "It's a cop"!

This forum's political correctness is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Why can't I say a car is a cop of a CAR, why does it automatically think it's referring to the police, why can't it just make oink oink noises and be a cop without referrence to our police force.

Cheers, D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ebay car is not the car with the R31 front bar, that was a 2.2lt stroker with beige interior and fully regoed and complied in NSW, sold for $5700 early last year. it was built by randy and his son clint at Nissco in bayswater...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...6&silo=1011

Edited by MAG86

This forum's political correctness is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Why can't I say a car is a cop of a CAR, why does it automatically think it's referring to the police, why can't it just make oink oink noises and be a cop without referrence to our police force.

Cheers, D

I'll try again!

Maybe I gotta say it's a P. I. G. of a car, the ebay DR I'm talking of.

He replied to my message and says I'm dreaming as he has had PLENTY of GOOD offers. mmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Pity someone else couldn't inspect it for further clarification.

Cheers, D

ebay car is history, leave it to the adelaide drifters....

carsales car is overpriced, built tough, complianced, registerable the works, but looks like SHITE and needs work...

if youre prepared to pay that much good onya, but be prepared to give it some work as its had 3 owners in the last 3 years, all gave it some serious curry!!!

its not the car with the R31 front bar, that was a 2.2lt stroker with beige interior and fully regoed and complied in NSW, sold for $5700 early last year. it was built by randy and his son clint at Nissco in bayswater...

WTF are you on about?

The car advertised on Carsales.com.au in SA is exactly what you're saying it's not???????

Sorry John,

Just rear all the description, seems to have all the goodies, so I would be trying to negotiate down about a grand plus if you can. Lots of stuffing around fixing it up if it can still use the HR31 front bar, to get it all level and looking right. The rear tells me it's earlier than an 1984 model & suggests pre '83, so that will have to be confirmed before you buy!

You will need pics of the ID plates if he will supply them. The things I said earlier still stand, but it looks ok, just depends on how much you want to pay, knowing that there is many dollars left to spend.

Cheers, D

WTF are you on about?

The car advertised on Carsales.com.au in SA is exactly what you're saying it's not???????

Sorry John,

Just rear all the description, seems to have all the goodies, so I would be trying to negotiate down about a grand plus if you can. Lots of stuffing around fixing it up if it can still use the HR31 front bar, to get it all level and looking right. The rear tells me it's earlier than an 1984 model & suggests pre '83, so that will have to be confirmed before you buy!

You will need pics of the ID plates if he will supply them. The things I said earlier still stand, but it looks ok, just depends on how much you want to pay, knowing that there is many dollars left to spend.

Cheers, D

Ok Now that really went on a tangent huh?

anyway what i pay for it at this point is erelivant and my business, but the car is the Red 1983 car that is being called a "dr" (the Stroker with the r31 front bar) im aware it needs money spent and im ok with that, i wish to know though will it pass a RWC here in vic as ill need to give it one etc, i have an iron mask front i have side skirts i even have a couple of sets of facelift tail lights, but i dont have the car that goes in them lol i dont care about how it looks now if it was an hr or not as long as its road legal.. as its like trying to put a fire out with your fingers you will get burned!

Anyway do we no about this car is it the same one as the ebay one? i dont know?

Marc

as for fi

I call absolute bullshit on that car on carsales having a 2.4L stroker in it like advertised. For starters strokers are rare as rocking horse shit, and would be worth twice as much as the car just for the bare motor alone, and unlike L-series there is no crank which will easily fit in to make it a 2.4L (Ihave heard talk of some sort of diesel crank being modified to fit but still yet to see it done). Also the most I have ever seen an FJ bored out was 160thou (4mm!!) which took it to 2.2L, my own motor is at 80 thou which in it's self is a decent sized bore.

Engine: FJ20DET, Forged pistons, cam, bigger injectors, stroked/bored 2.4L, VG30 Turbo(10psi), Intercooler, BOV, Commy Radiater,
Edited by DR JOSH

ebay car is history, leave it to the adelaide drifters....

carsales car is overpriced, built tough, complianced, registerable the works, but looks like SHITE and needs work...

if youre prepared to pay that much good onya, but be prepared to give it some work as its had 3 owners in the last 3 years, all gave it some serious curry!!!

lol didnt see this post !! so it can be rwc and regoed! bonus!

and as far as being flogged you act like most dr30s have been driven by nanas lol, they have all be flogged at some point i can tell you!! if it was not here in aus, the japs flogged them its the life of buying performance cars lol

im quote happy to have a go at this car if i can make it legal here in vic

as i can make it look the goods

as for price i have not paid a cent for it yet and what i pay if i buy it i wont disclose to anyone so dont worry about the money side of things that my and my only business

Marc

I call absolute bullshit on that car on carsales having a 2.4L stroker in it like advertised. For starters strokers are rare as rocking horse shit, and would be worth twice as much as the car just for the bare motor alone, and unlike L-series there is no crank which will easily fit in to make it a 2.4L (Ihave heard talk of some sort of diesel crank being modified to fit but still yet to see it done). Also the most I have ever seen an FJ bored out was 160thou (4mm!!) which took it to 2.2L, my own motor is at 80 thou which in it's self is a decent sized bore.

will the crank from the fj24 na work? just guessing i dont know

Edited by FJ20DR30

will the crank from the fj24 na not work? just throughing it out there i dont know

Yes, but as I said they are rare as, and worth an absolute mint if you can find one. Or they can make full custom ones from a solid billet, but the price for that would really not be cheap either.

Edited by DR JOSH

Yes, but as I said they are rare as, and worth an absolute mint if you can find one. Or they can make full custom ones from a solid billet, but the price for that would really not be cheap either.

oh right sorry well it does not sell more to me cause its stroked, im thinking of it as a 2ltr anyhow

and to be honest id prefer it was a normal fj but thats just me

oh right sorry well it does not sell more to me cause its stroked, im thinking of it as a 2ltr anyhow

and to be honest id prefer it was a normal fj but thats just me

Update the “DR” is in fact a KN R-30? I don’t know this plate prefix can someone help? but he did say the tag says engine was L28 originally?

This is the second time this year the car has been for sale. I think it was on ebay. The bones of it look ok and provided you can get it cheap enough to reflect it is not a real DR then it wouldnt be too bad.

Update the "DR" is in fact a KN R-30? I don't know this plate prefix can someone help? but he did say the tag says engine was L28 originally?

KN-R30 or KH-R30 ???????

If it's KN-R30 and the plates suggest an L28 original motor, would be telling me it's an ex South Africa vehicle, as they are the only R30 vehicles fitted with L28E engines.

If it's the original vehicle Ravenoak speaks of, it's price is far too high as now it's not original & bastardised.

Other than this I can't suggest much.

Cheers, D

KN-R30 or KH-R30 ???????

If it's KN-R30 and the plates suggest an L28 original motor, would be telling me it's an ex South Africa vehicle, as they are the only R30 vehicles fitted with L28E engines.

If it's the original vehicle Ravenoak speaks of, it's price is far too high as now it's not original & bastardised.

Other than this I can't suggest much.

Cheers, D

KN R30

So Can a South African car be registered here in vic? i guess thats really all i care about right now can i get a road worthy and register this car in vic? also what paper work does the car need to have with it to make this happen?

im well aware its to dear i dont need to be told this again lol

Edited by FJ20DR30

This is the second time this year the car has been for sale. I think it was on ebay. The bones of it look ok and provided you can get it cheap enough to reflect it is not a real DR then it wouldnt be too bad.

My thoughts exactly