SAU Community

Wtb; R30 Coupe

FJ20DR30

The RED car with thr R31 GTS front bar is built by Randy at Nissco in Bayswater VIC

It has a 2.2 liter, meaning bored out with bigger pistons, its NOT a 2.4,

Call randy, say your interested in brining it back to VIC and he will sort you out, and let you know the story how its one of the only cars they had to chain down on the dyno cos as it came on boost so hard it wou;d try and jump off!

I say go for it, I wanted it a few times myself.... it is built well and obviously can take it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RED car with thr R31 GTS front bar is built by Randy at Nissco in Bayswater VIC

It has a 2.2 liter, meaning bored out with bigger pistons, its NOT a 2.4,

Call randy, say your interested in brining it back to VIC and he will sort you out, and let you know the story how its one of the only cars they had to chain down on the dyno cos as it came on boost so hard it wou;d try and jump off!

I say go for it, I wanted it a few times myself.... it is built well and obviously can take it.

Thanks man ill do that

KN R30

So Can a South African car be registered here in vic? i guess thats really all i care about right now can i get a road worthy and register this car in vic? also what paper work does the car need to have with it to make this happen?

im well aware its to dear i dont need to be told this again lol

Registration should not be a problem as it originated in Vic, but I would assume, if proof of registration interstate was provided, it would nearly be just a matter of going through the motions to make it comply with the particular states parameters.

Just try to deal with the guy & if you can cut a satisfactory deal, go for it, as at the end of the day, there is only one person that has to be happy and that is you!

Parts really aren't so hard to find, just a tad more expensive these days due to age & importing from Japan.

I can't understand why groups of guys/gals don't get together and form buying groups to get the bits from Japan they want and therefore combine the postage to save a little money.

Cheers, D

:) With the current seup it's running now? VG30 turbo and all?

My mates 2.1 FJ when it was running a VG turbo didnt come on boost hard at all, was smooth as and already building boost by 1800rpm completely run out of puff by 6000rpm though

:D With the current seup it's running now? VG30 turbo and all?

My mates 2.1 FJ when it was running a VG turbo didnt come on boost hard at all, was smooth as and already building boost by 1800rpm completely run out of puff by 6000rpm though

im not sure, it was 4 or so years ago...

but it seemed mental to them cos they built a heap of L18 powered 1600's and the occasional Z18et... now they do SR20det on a nearly monthly basis

i took a ride in an evo they bult for rally events, bloody hell i nearly shit myself it accelerated so hard, and the brakes were that good i almost got winded!!! the sound of antilag blap blapblap BRROOOOOOOSHHHHH and 4 seconds later your at 100km/h and climbing

i luv industrial estates!!!! :)

Well i brought it !

ill just say i paid less than 5 for it so im happy ! should be a fun drive back from SA

How long will that trip take me?

Congrats Marc... I hope it turns out to be a good purchase.

Adelaide to Melb is 8 hrs I think.

JH

RIPPAH!

If you got it under 5k thats GREAT!

mesojealous arrrghh

now to make your own project thread... and to swap out the FUGLY beige/brown interior

thanks man

and yeah i will try to docment the process lol

It was definitely an L-block (the FJ's all had LH exhaust outlets), The grille is also from an S2 GT/TI, so KN-R30 makes sense. I'd be pretty disappointed with 150rwkw from a 2.2L w/VG30 turbine & intercooler though...

Hopefully it proves to be 'just right' for what you're after, IMHO the price is 'ok', but I'd be expecting to find some skeletons in the cupboard!

It was definitely an L-block (the FJ's all had LH exhaust outlets), The grille is also from an S2 GT/TI, so KN-R30 makes sense. I'd be pretty disappointed with 150rwkw from a 2.2L w/VG30 turbine & intercooler though...

I would have thought 150rwkw @ 8psi was pretty good? i see yours has a list longer than my you no what and its only got 140rwkw? im not sure about these things

Hopefully it proves to be 'just right' for what you're after, IMHO the price is 'ok', but I'd be expecting to find some skeletons in the cupboard!

Thanks input Ben

I'll be the first to admit that dyno numbers don't tell the full story and we haven't seen any graphs for your new car. But with 2.2L and decent management I'd be hoping for nearly 150 at standard boost. Yes my car 'only' has 140 (it was 95 when I took delivery of it), but it's internally standard, and running about 10psi through the standard turbo.

Things we expect from you:

Lots of photos

A report on the car's condition

registration into the 'registry' thread

:3some:

They don't come up for sale that often, so this kind of thing is a special occasion!

Good for you Marc. FJ22 is my dream engine... Are we going to see any power upgrades in the near future?

Also did you find any decent projects about? I'm sort of in the market for one.

Only cosmetic stuff to begin with new wheels, front, (iron mask) side steps, and two tone paint etc it will look great you will see lol

I'll be the first to admit that dyno numbers don't tell the full story and we haven't seen any graphs for your new car. But with 2.2L and decent management I'd be hoping for nearly 150 at standard boost. Yes my car 'only' has 140 (it was 95 when I took delivery of it), but it's internally standard, and running about 10psi through the standard turbo.

Things we expect from you:

Lots of photos

A report on the car's condition

registration into the 'registry' thread

:D

They don't come up for sale that often, so this kind of thing is a special occasion!

I spoke to The guy that built it he said its very restricted currently cause of building it to pass road worthys he says with very litte work (big free flow exhaust, more boost, its a 200rwkw car easy (his words)

• 4 weeks later...

just a brief update on this car

here it is as it was brought by me

6383653.jpg

and here it is after iv put wheels and done some paint only started putting on the iron mask front.

dr30004.jpg

now from here im going overseas so there wont be much more till Febuary next year but i have several more bits to go on

-Tein coilovers (ill make it much lower)

-Gtr front brakes

-side skirts

-front skirt

but just wanted to update what do you think so far?

Not bad. did you paint the lower section the correct metallic blue, or black?

I don't know how much lower you'll want it - mine probably rides about the same height as yours and I can only just get a conventional trolley jack under it...

(plus the rear neg will start to get unmanageable)

Not bad. did you paint the lower section the correct metallic blue, or black?

I don't know how much lower you'll want it - mine probably rides about the same height as yours and I can only just get a conventional trolley jack under it...

(plus the rear neg will start to get unmanageable)

lol black!

also much lower! i will set it with the front wheels level with the gaurd and the rears will sit under!

like they do with them in japan! there is plenty of room right now under it

Looks 100% better :(

I had to raise my car as it was too low, most of the trouble I had was that the sump sits lower then the cross member, as does the very bottom of the gearbox. So both copped a bit of a beating. Also my radius rod mount bottomed out over speed humps and cops really didnt like it :) There was no thought put into handling like this though as the roll centers were way out of wack and so on. But all of which has been sussed and it is probably a good inch or 2 higher

Edited by DR JOSH