SAU Community

My new engine - tuning *update* 25psi ='s :D

whatsisname

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

The plan has been to take pic's of each stage as it goes back together. So far I've got pic's of the damaged cast piston (#1), the new CP pistons, completed head, completed bottom end & now these ones. Next will be the complete engine with all ancillaries fitted as it goes in.... well that's the plan anyway.

Hopefully if all goes well it'll be back in the car in ~1wk.

Matt (BOOSTD),

Dunno' why #1 seems to be the first to go? From the stock manifold flow bench results you'd think 1 & 6 would be least likely to run lean? It may have something to do with either, a. fuel rail pressure as you go start to get serious with fuel demand, b. temperature due to less cooling airflow, c. stuffed if I know?

AutoTrust,

Thanks. Oh yeah, you can add... nothing like getting flogged by Excels & Lancers off the lights whilst your slowly running the new motor in, to your list too :cool:

Bl4cK32,

I did 95% of it myself. Then James had them finished off by his usual polishing mob, dunno' who that is though? They also did the CAS & fuel rail.

It took me a good few hrs to get the rocker covers & factory cross-over pipe to look 95%! The hard part is getting past the rough casting stage, especially on the pipe! After all my hard work I ended up getting the pipe ceramic coated anyway :D Still a better starting point gives a better end result. I couldn't be stuffed polishing up the plenum so as you can see it was ceramic coated as is. As was the throttle body, IC pipes & custom inlet pipe.