SAU Community

Overclocking And Hard Drives

boiracer

as the topic suggests. does overclocking mess with the voltages or anything to do with the HDD? mine was only 5 mnths old and totally died. to the point the comp wouldnt boot without unplugging the HDD. even tryed it in a friends comp as the slave, and it wouldnt boot either.

thinkin its had an epic brain fart, and just shorts anything it goes near

ideas?

itsa 750gig seagate barracuda

just talking about overclocking the cpu ram etc, not the drives. just simple stuff.

thanks D C, thats what i thought.

What firmware issues? i havent seen anything about it, got any links? and wtf, did i just send away a perfectly good HDD?

it worked great for 5 months, why would it change over night? and why would it stop any other sata drives from working?

i am confused

if this is referring to the servo lock issue, it is for hdd codes ending 333as/340as for the 1tb drives. there was also an issue with early 1tb drives where the pcb fails. unfortunately this was on more than one of the factory fw releases so it made it hard to pcb swap. the newer drives ending 528as havent had any come back as yet.

depends on the reseller. if you shipped the unit direct to seagate, it is a brand new replacement. they generally dont hold old stock. but as for the reseller, it is hard to say. post the details on the drive and i can get you some more info.

i went thru umart, but the did charge me the postage to and from seagate, so i'd assume it SHOULD be straght from seagate, but who knows really

it seems newer details as follows

barracuda 7200.12

ST3750528AS

750gb

firmware cc35

date code 09517

unfortunately i dont have the old one to refer to but it does seem newer

and i couldnt find anything relevant to this drive on the seagate site

Edited by boiracer