SAU Community

Clock Resetting Everytime After Switching Off And On The Car?

i have just installed a new alpine head unit in my R33 s2. the head unit works alright, but the clock on the dash seems to be resetting itself every time when i start my car. even my head unit pushes the cd out and is in off-mode every time i restart my car. the previous head unit was also an alpine. did i do something wrong with the installation? help needed.

i have just installed a new alpine head unit in my R33 s2. the head unit works alright, but the clock on the dash seems to be resetting itself every time when i start my car. even my head unit pushes the cd out and is in off-mode every time i restart my car. the previous head unit was also an alpine. did i do something wrong with the installation? help needed.

I'm guessing there is a "memory wire" (+) that should connect straight to the battery and not via the ignition...

• 5 months later...

i know its a late post but im having the same dramas, but i know what the problem is but cant the the bloody fuse for the back up, where is it??? am i missing something, in my car tho everything resets, air con, clock, cd player

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I reckon youve mixed up the Constant power and switch Power wires, or the fuse has blown for either of them. Only installed a few alpine units( dont sell them at work) sorry mate

Get a cable tester (little sharp point thing with the little light in it) and start going through your dash with the ignition off and find your constant power & ignition power cables and make sure you've wired up the head unit properly.

If it's affecting aircon, stereo & clock, then it would have to be a fuse.