SAU Community

where did Turismo go?

Jase

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turismo is no more coz of new import laws, most of the cars couldnt be complied at a good price or the owner couldnt gain a licence so he had to say bye bye

What the??!!!! Thats not me!! Nickname is way too similar... :confused:

most of the cars couldn't be complied?? i thought that all the cars there were complied already??  i visited them a couple of times .. had some nice ones .. had some shitty ones ..

Correct a mundo. Thats what happens with the new RAWs ssytem. Its too hard for most dealers to make a buck anymore, and they are out of business.

Motorcity is one of the few decent dealers left. Who also knows how long they too will last.

Start watching those skyline prices begin to rise my friends. Demand pushes the price up, especially when the supply curve begins to fall.

Paul (Boost King).

sorry, back on topic - this is a real shame, as Simon had already bought the full RAWS package to start complying under the new scheme, and was getting ready to get permits to import the R33.

On an upside, as Boost King points out, at least now the price wont continue to drop for imports - and hopefully modded cars will start to better reflect their true worth (cost to build). that is of course, until they are 15 years old.

Just had a thought, maybe the govt only wants OLD cars on the road - yep thats gotta be it:)

LOL thanks Steve! :rofl: Yeah, I only signed up a YEAR ago!! :)

When Matt and I were doing promo work for Simon at the XHP Show, he was talking about selling up and going into compliancing - next thing we knew, Turismos were gone. No word as to what exactly happened though....

sorry, back on topic - this is a real shame, as Simon had already bought the full RAWS package to start complying under the new scheme, and was getting ready to get permits to import the R33.

On an upside, as Boost King points out, at least now the price wont continue to drop for imports - and hopefully modded cars will start to better reflect their true worth (cost to build).  that is of course, until they are 15 years old.

Just had a thought, maybe the govt only wants OLD cars on the road - yep thats gotta be it:)

What happens when they are 15 years old?

NitRaTe, how much do the compliance plates cost, and how much is it to get an evidence pack under the new RAWS scheme, and would you be able to privately import a car and get it complied by other than a RAWS approved compliance place, if it is less than 15 YO?

I know that you are still required to make the cars meet the standard that apply to cars through the RAWS scheme, but as it is outside the scheme, there is alot less evidance required, and you dont have to have govt approval to comply the vehicle - alot less red tape, and middle men, means alot less $$$$.

If I am completely out of left field, please let me know what the truth of the matter is, cos this is just my understanding/personal assessment.