SAU Community

15 year old imports

zsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
In amongst all the roadkill and Volvo's you'll find the occasional car...  

Tim.

and when you have finally got past all the commo's and chook tins u will c there is a heap of imports down here, considering the population

dude just cos it is 15yr old you still have to get the car complied. it involves changing all the fluid, maybe the glass etc etc. its not as easy as it seems. there is alot to it

15 year old cars do not need complience plates! i think the GOLDEN year is 89

because of this most 89 cars in japan are more expensive that the year after model and in some cases the year after that!

if any one is interested in tas about getting a cheap import.. dont hesitate to pm me!

cheers

pete

Pete, don't believe i have seen u on this forum b4, do you get around town much?

i think i have been on for nearly a year.. im no sydney kid but allways add my 2 cents!

i actually just moved here about 3 months ago from vic!

• 1 month later...

i am actually going through the process at the moment with a gtr32. yes they do still need complying to meet australian standards, people who tell you otherwise don't know what they are talking about and shouldn't waste their breath! My car will be here in early november. At the very least it will need new seatbelts, ones with the "five red ticks". also the mirrors will need to be changed in my car because they are bubbley and not straight. i am going to try and get it approved at a country bumpkin place so they won't know what the hell they are doing and will see it as a compleatly neat car with nothing wrong.