SAU Community

Electrical Problem.

mjay

hey guys havin a bit of a problem with the V..

basically my battery has stopped charging at the moment. i believe its the alternator or voltage regulater. the weird thing is though that the battery indicater on the instrument panel comes on when i do start the car which is what led me to believe it was the alternator but it goes off after about a minute of driving. however the battery does eventually die on me. anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? also anywhere worth bringing the car to to get it checked & repaired?

cheers guys

is it new battery, or is it the original one that comes with the car from Japan?

sitting in the auction yard and in the dock over a few months could easily killed the battery.

but best to find out what verdict it is, is to bring it to battery shop and have them tested whether your system is charging, and if the battery is healty.

def not the battery.. it is the old one but ive charged it at home on the powerpoint it it receives a full charge everytime.. + already tested the battt with voltmeter while the car was running and confirmed its receiving no charge.. + the car actually died on me whilst driving beacuse the battery had insufficient juice to keep going.. fortunately it was late and no may cars around.. but i basically rolled to a stop

that's your alternator is gone then.

As it sort off happen to me before, but the battery light stays one not like yours gone off after driving. Then after the battery juice ran out my car just couldn't keep moving.

that's your alternator is gone then.

As it sort off happen to me before, but the battery light stays one not like yours gone off after driving. Then after the battery juice ran out my car just couldn't keep moving.

how much it cost you to repair?