SAU Community

Melbourne's Highway Patrol

Jap_Muscle

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any cops on here??

Im sure that when ever a cop takes someone in that they have to search them before being put in the car, that drunk guy in the ute was put in a car with no divider and obviously not searched before they left other wise the cop would have found the wallet in his pocket, also its obvious that the cop didnt search the car either, maybe if the dumb f**k had done his job properly he wouldnt have been there after his shift ended.

Edited by W0rp3D

I reckon it should be a hoot, the police look like cowboys on this show.

Well in reality - there are a fair few cowboys in the force, of that i can assure you :D

Problem with these types of shows, is the idiots that think for themselves who get done.

They know they are going down for 40km/h over or something, but being they are idiots, the sign the waivers as they think it is their 10mins of glory and fame.

What they fail to realise after the fact is that they look like idiots and give everyone else a bad name because of the cars and the owners attitude of "oh don't care bro".

There might not have been 'hoons' tonight, but they will come. Give it a couple of episodes to warm up and you will start to see one an episode.

But then anyone doing excessive speeding is a hoon these days remember :)

Shows like this do nothing for the car enthusiast world at all, they just make the problems seem bigger than Ben from Racepace i mean, Ben Hur.

so what about the dodgy fridge mechanics and feuding neighbours on a current affair and today tonight, im sure they didnt sign a release as they ran off covering there face.

they have signed a release... usually after payment... you would sh!t bricks if you knew how much some people get paid by current affair programs

these kind of shows here are so lame when you compare to the US... COPS FTW!!! bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gunna do when they come for you... EAT TASER MUTHAFARKER!!!

oh and LOL at 'ben Hur'... gold

Most of the stuff that is recoded for TV shows like the one talked about does not require people to sign waivers to show their images on TV. The people that are shown are out in a public place and can have their images taken at any time without their consent. Its no different to a news crew setting up on a street in the CBD and getting some stock footage of people walk past etc, or a photographer walking around the city taking photos of people.

sorry big man but if you want to use somebodies image for commercial gain and you don't get permission you leave yourself open to litigation... editorial stuff (news/journalism) is usually okay but any tv show or advertising where the person is clearly recognisable (and certainly if you are getting them to comment/speak on a subject) its a no no

photography is a bit of a gray area... editorial stuff (journalism) is okay but even artist who take peoples picture and sell it in a gallery really should have permission to use that person's image... if you don't get permission then proceed to sell the print for $$$ and the person finds out they could sue you for royalties

PS. they show talked about here would 100% need a release signed by the people pulled over etc... otherwise faces would have to be blurred

anyone else notice they cut out where the hellss angel guy in black was put into the divvy van, "convienient" that would have been abit ugly for the show i reckon. Notice the youngish cop guy who was the front man for the story had a mark on his forehead after they had got him to the station as well. must have been a bit of trouble getting him in to the van.

it drives me nuts how they keep leaving a story after 2 mins, and then review back 1 min befor continuing on iwth it later. they could actually get that show to 10 mins of good footage, but just pad and review it out for the 1hour or 30 mins, whatever it was

anyone else notice they cut out where the hellss angel guy in black was put into the divvy van, "convienient" that would have been abit ugly for the show i reckon. Notice the youngish cop guy who was the front man for the story had a mark on his forehead after they had got him to the station as well. must have been a bit of trouble getting him in to the van.

Haha, he certainly did seem a little more "compliant" when he got to the station :P

Well next time you drive your car and see the boys in blue, entertain us and give them a run for their money.

Just dont spin a bearing doing it.

hahaha yes yes nice call :P

what's the top speed they can chase at before they have to call it off? 120km/h? from a roll it would take me about 3 secs to get there so wouldn't make for much footage!

then they would be waiting for me out the front of my place when I got home... along with all my stuff that Kalli would have thrown on the nature strip... its cool though cos I can just come and stay at your place yeah? :bunny:

lol! i went to that primary school that they drunk guy flew through the fence!

the thing that annoys me is that most car enthusiasts are getting done for doing up their cars and having pride in their cars - whilst there are drunken doosh bags driving through schools!!!

Edited by J_R33