SAU Community

Melbourne's Highway Patrol

Jap_Muscle

hey if the cops went nuts with the defects on the cruise it would be on today tonight :cool:

yes it would be, they would say that the reason they have those stickers is because they are illegal and unroadworthy and are a danger to everyone on the road.

There point has been proven, they look like the good guys and we look even worse, lets face it the people they aim shows like that at are not usually the ones who like to hear both sides of the story, they just like to be spoon fed.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And every state to get involved ...... seeing I'm from Sydney.

We just need the right people to organize it.

Sorry guys just an off topic question. I noticed on the tv show they pointed out the pod air filter and that being illegal. I was too fined for my pods. but when I ask why I get different answers, from noise pollution, a fire hazard, back fire hazard, and last exhaust pollution by running richer.

Are they really a problem?

There point has been proven, they look like the good guys and we look even worse, lets face it the people they aim shows like that at are not usually the ones who like to hear both sides of the story, they just like to be spoon fed.

+1

I'm very sceptical in working with medias like TT/ACA in trying to make import drivers look anything but 'hoons' to the general public. If anything TT/ACA will probably twist & edit the story around & make you guys look even worse in another "hoon" story its not the 1st time they have done it, anyone still remember the "drifting hoons in Sydney" story they did with footage of people drifting in Japan.

Sorry guys just an off topic question. I noticed on the tv show they pointed out the pod air filter and that being illegal. I was too fined for my pods. but when I ask why I get different answers, from noise pollution, a fire hazard, back fire hazard, and last exhaust pollution by running richer.

Depends on the state, in WA open PODs are legal (last time I checked) as long as its secured properly, however having said that, if the cop wants to sticker you, he still will. :(

In vic its because of power (in my mind) you are allowed to have one intake mod, to me it is to limit the amount of power you can get, the general rule is that the airbox is good for 250rwkw and i have heard or people getting 300rwkw with the factory airbox so i dont understand where it is the first mod people do.

In vic its because of power (in my mind) you are allowed to have one intake mod, to me it is to limit the amount of power you can get, the general rule is that the airbox is good for 250rwkw and i have heard or people getting 300rwkw with the factory airbox so i dont understand where it is the first mod people do.

i thought its an epa issue because of oil based pod filters ? most police leave u alone if its boxed in anyway.. doubt it would be much of a power issue as people pull good figures with factory boxes.

i thought its an epa issue because of oil based pod filters ? most police leave u alone if its boxed in anyway.. doubt it would be much of a power issue as people pull good figures with factory boxes.

Oiled filters are illegal due to epa, non oiled ones are legal as long as they are the only intake mod.

Any cops on here??

Im sure that when ever a cop takes someone in that they have to search them before being put in the car, that drunk guy in the ute was put in a car with no divider and obviously not searched before they left other wise the cop would have found the wallet in his pocket, also its obvious that the cop didnt search the car either, maybe if the dumb f**k had done his job properly he wouldnt have been there after his shift ended.

So.... What your saying is that you want the police to search you every time you get a ticket, search your car and assume your lying to them? All this to prevent some overtime for the cop... The cop had to take him back to the station anyway to give him a breath test..

wow i'm even more confused about the pod air filter now. two weeks ago I was pull over and the cop looked under the bonnet to see a box around my pods. So he said thats fine. I did ask him why I have to run a box and he said it's because of oil and grease build up of the filter makes them a fire hazard .

If it's true about the epa then seeing mine is a personal import and I'm exempt from emissions . That is what they told me at the RTA.

So.... What your saying is that you want the police to search you every time you get a ticket, search your car and assume your lying to them? All this to prevent some overtime for the cop... The cop had to take him back to the station anyway to give him a breath test..

read my post again and then make another comment.......

Should have a cruise for "Skyline owners against police discrimination" and get the media involved..Show people the other side of the story.

if you do that, make sure all the cars going are all Road worthy and non defectable or can get EPA's otherwise, you just add fuel to the fire ....

if you do that, make sure all the cars going are all Road worthy and non defectable or can get EPA's otherwise, you just add fuel to the fire ....

My car is now 99% roadworthy, just need to get a new midmuffler welded in and that should drop the exhaust below 90db.

I reckon you could count on one hand the amount of cars on this website that are roadworthy and undefectable.

I've got a friend who's a cop and he tells me that the TMU guys are trained to be able to defect a car that has just rolled off the showroom floor. Isn't that crazy? With that in mind, i'm sure they'd be able to find something, no matter how insignificant, after all, that's what they're TRAINED to do.

btw, does anyone know the legislation surrounding pillar mounted gauges?

Interested to find it.

My car is now 99% roadworthy, just need to get a new midmuffler welded in and that should drop the exhaust below 90db.

I reckon you could count on one hand the amount of cars on this website that are roadworthy and undefectable.

I've got a friend who's a cop and he tells me that the TMU guys are trained to be able to defect a car that has just rolled off the showroom floor. Isn't that crazy? With that in mind, i'm sure they'd be able to find something, no matter how insignificant, after all, that's what they're TRAINED to do.

Just the fact that they can do you for a loud exhaust with no testing done to prove it means they can defect anything at will.

Interested to find it.

I looked this up a while ago, i believe from what i read on the vic roads web site that it comes under the same rule as bonnet scoops, which i believe is that you must be able to see the road 15 metres ahead of you from any adjustment of the seat.

Interested to find it.

i had two gauge holder got pulled over they told me its a defect if the gauge is above the steering wheel hieght.. having said that the guy let me go and just said make sure i move them :D

this show is pretty funny. im watching it right now and im seeing the worst excuses coming out of people. doesnt anyone know that mouthing off to a cop only gets u in more shit?