SAU Community

Best Wolf3d Tuner In Adelaide.

Rolls

I have a fresh forged rb25 with a gcg highflow that is run by a wolf 3d that needs a tune, I am located in Adelaide and I want a tuner that has tuned lots of cars with this ECU. I am going to call boost worx tomorrow but I've heard Shaun is more a powerFC, nistune tuner, so if anyone knows any other wolf3D tuners out there that would be great.

Cheers :P

Edited by Rolls

I've had mates cars tuned there and they have all left very unhappy, had to go back 2-3x to get the tune right and pay each time, even after that the AFR was still all over the place, you could tell as it would blow black smoke randomly at certain revs.

Rang shaun at boostworx and Im going to get him to tune it, never heard a bad story from him.

Edited by Rolls

Its really hard to find a decent tuner, I reckon I've heard atleast one bad thing about every tuner in Adelaide.

Let us know how you go however :P

True story, boostworx is the only place I haven't heard a bad story about yet so I am going to stick with them I think. Guy seems really honest and nice as well when I've spoken to him before which I think is important, spoken to some apparently good tuners before that just come across as total spanners.

True story, boostworx is the only place I haven't heard a bad story about yet so I am going to stick with them I think. Guy seems really honest and nice as well when I've spoken to him before which I think is important, spoken to some apparently good tuners before that just come across as total spanners.

ahahahhaha i can tell u my BAD story!!!!!!!!!

obviously u havnt spoken to everyone!!!!!!

ahahahhaha i can tell u my BAD story!!!!!!!!!

obviously u havnt spoken to everyone!!!!!!

yer, i got my gtr from a dude who'd had it tuned at boostworx @ 1.2 bar... on stock ceramic turbos

I had it detuned to 1.0 bar as soon as I got it, and have kept it that way since. 1.2 is ok for dyno runs, but its death for ceramics under long load.. 1.1 is pushing it even

As soon as I get my N1's I'll be sorted, they can handle a decent load of boost, but 20 year old ceramic turbos shoud never be ran above 12-14 psi

-D

Even after listening to ovrtym33 story and a few others I'm still going to go to boostworx. Dohmar you never know the previous owner might have asked for a knife edge tune to put a smile on the sellers face?

I'm going to be very direct with what kind of tune I want, nice and lean on cruise for economy and a rich very safe tune for the big revs + boost.

Even after listening to ovrtym33 story and a few others I'm still going to go to boostworx. Dohmar you never know the previous owner might have asked for a knife edge tune to put a smile on the sellers face?

Well I bought the car off Writeoff who is a friend and he was the one that brought the boost issue to my attention. I dont think that's the case at all, esp since I was informed about all issues before I bought the car...

Cronic is right however - youll never find a tuner out there without at least one failed engine - shit sometimes just happens

Weezy 1.2 bar was around 250-260kw and 1.0 bar is around 210-220kw, stock.

-D

Interesting, well I guess as long as I am firm about what I want with him that reliability and a safe tune is far more important than power he will do his best, especially if I offer to pay for an extra hour for him to make sure it is 100%.