SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noticed the other day that my rb25det has a little oil in the coolant, not enough to change the color of the coolant but i can notice it when its in a puddle on the ground.

It seems to have lost abit of power from when i bought ( 2weeks ago), it does have a coolant leak from the block ( not was whats the parts called but ordered a replace from nissan, 3 weeks away, also ordered a coolant temp sensor as it wont start first time without pumping the accelerator.

Car doesnt show no signs of over heating, just a slight bit of oil in coolant and loss of power?

+1

yeah thought thats what it would be, love having a car for not even 2 weeks and bamm.

Also looking at doing a 100k service, considering doing it all my self. Never done a headgasket before though.

would it be worth having a crack at doing headgasket and 100k service?

noticed the other day that my rb25det has a little oil in the coolant, not enough to change the color of the coolant but i can notice it when its in a puddle on the ground.

It seems to have lost abit of power from when i bought ( 2weeks ago), it does have a coolant leak from the block ( not was whats the parts called but ordered a replace from nissan, 3 weeks away, also ordered a coolant temp sensor as it wont start first time without pumping the accelerator.

Car doesnt show no signs of over heating, just a slight bit of oil in coolant and loss of power?

I wouldn't drive it if I were you.

This problem gets worse, not better and it's only a matter of time before the reverse (much worse) happens, if it hasn't already, ie. water in oil.

Sounds like a track between water jacket and oil gallery.

huh

if coolant is leaking from the gasket out your head running down the side of you block how is oil going to find its way into you radiator

yeah after re-reading it a few time i finally saw my errors :merli: brain was faster than my typing

haha, cause coolant already lives in the radiator bud.

I think you meant oil in the radiator which can track between galleries, cylinders and externally.....depending on whether it's a head gasket issue, cracked head, warped head, corroded head, etc.

i had a similar failure in my mx83 cressida. had a wee bit of oil in the coolant, then eventually the metal ring in the gasket around piston 6 distorted letting water in to the combustion chamber.

needless to say piston 6 was looking nice and clean after its steam bath :/

replacing head gasket isnt that hard, if you are doing it yourself make sure you take pictures of everything you take off so you have reference to put it back together :/