SAU Community

Need Help With My R32 Gtst

scotti-boi

On the recent long weekend me and my mrs went to canberra to get away, anyway as i enteredt canberra on the friday nite my 32 started to misfire and was acting up something servere.

Anyways the next morning i went out of the motel started it up and it was fine... We went out and as i started it a couple hours later it started to play up again on the way up to telstra tower.

Anyways after towing it to a mechanic he said it seemed to be something to do with the ecu because he cleared a ignition error on the ecu. Which turned out to be bullshit because it started doing it again afrter towing it back up to sydney.

So far i have been trying everything i can think of, i have changed spark plugs, coilpacks, ignitor, and even got my hands on a stock unchipped ecu to see if it would cler the problem but seems not to be.

What its doing is popping and carrying on between 2500rpm and it wont rev over 5500rpm. It pops sounds like its on limiter and it backfires.

Another member of the forum seems to think its the cam angle sensor? Could this very well be the problem? Also when it tries starting it will want to kick over but then starts mucking up like cutting in and out but its hard to explain exactly over the net...

Let me know guys i need it running asap.

Scotti.