SAU Community

Looking To Begin Further Mods

Trozzle

Hey guys, I gave this a quick search, though I wasn't sure as to what forums I'd find an answer in, nor was I sure what to search for exactly lol.

This is (as of about 6 months ago) my car:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ht-t242518.html

That FS thread gives a decent list of all current mods/parts on the car, and the only things I've done to it since I got it is steering component replacements (tie rod ends etc) and all exhaust gaskets from the manifold back. No performance upgrades.

Now that I've had those 2 repairs done it it, I'm looking to build it up a little. Currently making 167.7rwkw @ 11psi on a mainline dyno.

Unfortunately due to my inexperience with modifying cars, I'm unsure what do start with. I have a good idea on what to do overall, but not what to do first. This is where I'm hoping some of you guys can help out a little :(

As the car is technically a daily until probably around March next year (when I move out after overseas trip), I don't want to go TOO far and have something that's not worth putting the kms onto. I'd like to aim for anywhere between 220rwkw - 250rwkw until this time.

Any suggestions as to where NOT to start would also be much appreciate if you can't put in any input as to what to do first :(

Thanks guys :D

Oh? Interesting. I'd thought maybe a little more than that would be needed, but that's probably good! What kind of $$$ am I looking at for something like a Vipec? And any particular brand for injectors?

• 1 month later...

ok so bumping my thread...I haven't had the time to organise any mods as yet, but after having it run on the dyno to investigate a few odd engine sounds that only appear under load (gas leak sound ~2400rpm, whistle sound ~3500 - 5000rpm) and being told that the mechanic couldn't replicate any of the sounds, but not to worry about them as they won't be something vital (ie. cat could be bung, BOV could be leaking under full boost)...

The upside of this dyno run is that the CAS was out, causing retarded timing. Not sure how many degrees it was out by, but after lining it up correctly, the car made 190.8rwkw @ 184kp/h - like I said, same mods as above...

Any rough ideas on what power figure I could achieve with Injectors, pump, and Nistune? Still aiming for 230-250rwkw, but after having seen power increases from some other people's runs, I got no idea what to expect haha

Thanks again oh-knowledgable ones :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey troy, as it was my car, and I had the same thoughts as you, I was told to go with a decent set of injectors and ecu.. Rb25 AFM's work well for the power you are wanting to acheive, so I would suggest a Power FC, they are readily available second hand, and they are a cake-walk to install and tune.

Therefore my suggestion would be in this order.

Power fc

Injectors

Full service

Tune

See where youre at when this all goes down and you should be good for what your chasing.

Then stage two would be imo.

Turbo upgrade

Cooling system revised, including radiator, and oil cooler

Air intake system revised, AFM and CAI

Re-tune

This would see the car becoming quite a scary and fun little street car for what it is..

Really it all comes down to the specs of that highflow turbo and what power it will make. Any information on what company highflowed it? Will give you a better indication of what power it will most likely make and how far you can push it.