SAU Community

Vdc Coming On After Rear Wheel Alignment

johnr

I recently had my V35 4 wheels aligned and driving home the VDC started operating during normal driving. I turned if off then on and it has happened once since then. Any clues???

It is still happening just after startup and it seems to grab on the front left wheel; but it only happens once or twice immediately after a new trip and then it doesn't do it again during the trip. i checked all sensors and the are still tight against the rear sensor ring on the diff. Beats me as to whats happening!!

I just got a 2 rear tyres from Tempe tyres at a great price; 275x35x18 Kuhmo for $220 each. They are excellent - really quiet and great in the wet. The next best price for them was $310!

Has anyone got a sports grille they want to sell?

• 2 weeks later...

TROUBLESHOOTING FROM WORKSHOP MANUAL...

If you read through the workshop manual it says that if you get a wheel alignment you will also need to get a "Steering sensor" Alignment. This sounds very much like the problem you have. You will need to have the Diagnostic software plugged into the car and it will center the sensor. Takes about 2 mins.

Good luck!

If you read through the workshop manual it says that if you get a wheel alignment you will also need to get a "Steering sensor" Alignment. This sounds very much like the problem you have. You will need to have the Diagnostic software plugged into the car and it will center the sensor. Takes about 2 mins.

Good luck!

thanks that sounds like the way to go

Good luck!

which wheel alignment centers would have the diagnostics tool for that though?

im guessing only Nissan service centers would be able to do that....

which wheel alignment centers would have the diagnostics tool for that though?

im guessing only Nissan service centers would be able to do that....

I have found that it may be the ABS being activated and not the VDC as it is only occurring to the front right wheel and it doesn't matter if the VDC in on or not it still happens.

Also is the Nissan 350z oil filter ok for V35 and what is the size of the sump plug crush washer?

Thanks