SAU Community

0.00 Blood Alcohol In Qld

Slow S13

I put it in capital letters, but you may have missed it. I didn't say I was 0% while I was working. I said I was 0%

EVERY DAY

for the period of years that I drove Taxis.

I can actually. If I have ANYTHING to drink, I don't drive. If I drive, I don't have anything to drink.

I'm still waiting for a reason other than "I want to drink".

Ok man I think this has gone far enough and I'm pretty sure this is going to start getting pretty nasty sooner or later, we all see your point but just because YOU don't want to drink doesn't mean others don't either, I'm fairly sure like ALL of us we have a few problems with the law and our cars, but what if the law was different say for ANY detectable item which is in your car (FMIC, BOV, Aftermarket turbo's ETC) the cops passed a law which allowed them to impound and turn your car into scrap now that would infuriate ALL of us here on SAU BUT, your going to get everyday drivers who don't have these things saying GOOD! I DON'T have any trouble in that regard so it's something which SHOULD be in place and it's their own stupid fault for doing it...does that sound right? I know this is probably a bad example but I cant think of one which you can relate to since i don't know you, BUT can you see my point? Yes we get it, you obviously don't like alcohol or CANT see the reason why we need a .05 tolerance but not everyone in the community is you, otherwise we'd all be the same and they'd be no fights, wars or disputes and the world would be at peace and we'd all probably die of overpopulation....but back on track could you imagine a place where for have ONE " too big of a rim your car would be destroyed? Other people may not have a problem with it but to sure as heck there is going to be A LOT of people that will.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually. If I have ANYTHING to drink, I don't drive. If I drive, I don't have anything to drink.

Look, personally, I'm not going to shed any tears if this law comes in. While I do currently enjoy being able to have a beer with a meal and then drive home, it's not the end of the world if you can't do that. Sure, drink coke or something. Everyone did it on P's, its not that big a deal.

HOWEVER, I for one am SICK of the nanny-attitude our governments are rapidly adopting. More and More rules that EVERYONE has to follow, because of a few idiots, even though the majority of the population would be / can be responsible without the laws.

eg:

* 0.00% BAC -> Most people can have a beer, then a bit of a break (coffee or whatever) and drive home without problem. But because a few f**king idiots have to push the rules or flat out disobey them and drive home sloshed, we all (potentially) have to sacrifice this small pleasure.

* Plastic glasses for QLD pubs/clubs - again, most people can go out and drink, have a good time, and not feel the need to glass anyone. But because of a few idiots, everyone is soon going to be drinking their bevvies from plastic, footy match styles :)

* Intenet filtering -> This particular nanny rule is only in the pipeline because of a few idiots in parliament. They march this under the "save the children" banner, but it won't achieve that at all. They just want to control the internet, because governments these days love to control everything.

* Bans on skateboarding, scooters etc after dark -> what the hell this nanny law is about I have nfi

There's plenty more examples, and most of our road rules (ie Stupidly low speed limits on the majority of QLD roads) are there for the idiots as well. I read an interesting article related to the currently proposal about allowing left turns on red lights. Apparently some bloke in Europe set up a few towns with far less traffic lights, changed a red light to be the equivalent of a stop sign, and relaxed a lot of road rules. The number of traffic incidences in these locations DROPPED. Turns out, if you make drivers MORE responsible for what they are doing when driving, they learn to do it better. This is the complete opposite of QLDs current attitude which keeps slapping more and more nanny rules on to try and bring down the road toll, and hey guess what, its NOT WORKING. Better driver education anyone? Well that's a different debate altogether.

/rant I guess. Its not the end of the world if we can't drink at all and drive, but on the other hand I would like to see and end to the nanny state attitudes. Why should everyone have to sacrifice the simple pleasures in life, because of a few idiots?

Maybe we can just shoot all the idiots instead?

Look, personally, I'm not going to shed any tears if this law comes in. While I do currently enjoy being able to have a beer with a meal and then drive home, it's not the end of the world if you can't do that. Sure, drink coke or something. Everyone did it on P's, its not that big a deal.

HOWEVER, I for one am SICK of the nanny-attitude our governments are rapidly adopting. More and More rules that EVERYONE has to follow, because of a few idiots, even though the majority of the population would be / can be responsible without the laws.

eg:

* 0.00% BAC -> Most people can have a beer, then a bit of a break (coffee or whatever) and drive home without problem. But because a few f**king idiots have to push the rules or flat out disobey them and drive home sloshed, we all (potentially) have to sacrifice this small pleasure.

* Plastic glasses for QLD pubs/clubs - again, most people can go out and drink, have a good time, and not feel the need to glass anyone. But because of a few idiots, everyone is soon going to be drinking their bevvies from plastic, footy match styles :)

* Intenet filtering -> This particular nanny rule is only in the pipeline because of a few idiots in parliament. They march this under the "save the children" banner, but it won't achieve that at all. They just want to control the internet, because governments these days love to control everything.

* Bans on skateboarding, scooters etc after dark -> what the hell this nanny law is about I have nfi

There's plenty more examples, and most of our road rules (ie Stupidly low speed limits on the majority of QLD roads) are there for the idiots as well. I read an interesting article related to the currently proposal about allowing left turns on red lights. Apparently some bloke in Europe set up a few towns with far less traffic lights, changed a red light to be the equivalent of a stop sign, and relaxed a lot of road rules. The number of traffic incidences in these locations DROPPED. Turns out, if you make drivers MORE responsible for what they are doing when driving, they learn to do it better. This is the complete opposite of QLDs current attitude which keeps slapping more and more nanny rules on to try and bring down the road toll, and hey guess what, its NOT WORKING. Better driver education anyone? Well that's a different debate altogether.

/rant I guess. Its not the end of the world if we can't drink at all and drive, but on the other hand I would like to see and end to the nanny state attitudes. Why should everyone have to sacrifice the simple pleasures in life, because of a few idiots?

Maybe we can just shoot all the idiots instead?

WOW! I think you got it!! My thoughts exactly!!

Thankyou Sir.

I put it in capital letters, but you may have missed it. I didn't say I was 0% while I was working. I said I was 0%

EVERY DAY

for the period of years that I drove Taxis.

Unfortunately due to your lack of punctuation (maybe you were a bit tipsy when typing) "I was able to be on 0% EVERY DAY when I drove cabs" reads as just that, that you were 0% everyday that you drove a cab (makes sense). I'd suggest maybe in future writing "I was able to be on 0% EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK, including the time that I drove cabs and outside of work"

Then we wouldn't have to take shots at your vague and ambiguous ramblings :)

*reel, reel, reel in that cod* :)

Oh and in relation to this, I don't drink beer, can't stand the taste.

I drink Scotch and Bourbon pretty much exclusively....why, not because "I want to drink" but because I like the flavour of them and the way it compliments food, and you’ll find there are few people out there that appreciate some blue label etc etc for the taste, certainly not to get blitzed on a $200+ a bottle spirit.

So there you have it, your first reason that isn’t cause “I want to drink”

Unfortunately due to your lack of punctuation (maybe you were a bit tipsy when typing) "I was able to be on 0% EVERY DAY when I drove cabs" reads as just that, that you were 0% everyday that you drove a cab (makes sense). I'd suggest maybe in future writing "I was able to be on 0% EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK, including the time that I drove cabs and outside of work"

Then we wouldn't have to take shots at your vague and ambiguous ramblings :)

*reel, reel, reel in that cod* :)

oh... you mean how I said every day WHEN I drove cabs as opposed to every day THAT I drove cabs? Yeah... I can see how that would be hard to work out. :)

Oh and in relation to this, I don't drink beer, can't stand the taste.

I drink Scotch and Bourbon pretty much exclusively....why, not because "I want to drink" but because I like the flavour of them and the way it compliments food, and you'll find there are few people out there that appreciate some blue label etc etc for the taste, certainly not to get blitzed on a $200+ a bottle spirit.

So there you have it, your first reason that isn't cause "I want to drink"

No it's not... so because you like the flavor of bourbon/scotch - that's ALL you can drink? Dude, you must smell like a distillery 24/7!

I don't drink beer either - only spirits. Because of the flavor issue for myself too, but I like the flavor of about 1000 non alcoholic drinks too.

Alright I don't drink anymore and just because I don't drink doesn't mean that others shouldn't be able to enjoy a glass wine or whatever with a meal. So drink driving is an issue and you see the problem is the solution to this problem has already been solved (still might need some work to it) which would work a hell of alot better then lowering the blood alcohol level which would need an cop to pull you over and test you so when you factor in the amount of police on the road compared to amount of motorists it just isn't logical to rest the duty of keeping drunk drivers off the road to police.

Now I said before a system has been made that would work better and the thing is it would take some time to come in even though I heard about this system years ago yet nobody in Australia (Unsure about about other countries) has started to do anything about it. What this system basically is, is a breath test system in your car that is hooked up to your ignition. You can't start your car without first having a breath test and if you blow over the limit your car will not start. Now I understand this could be rather annoying for people having to do this everytime to start their car but personally I would feel better knowing that every other driver on the road had the same problem meaning that car wasn't started by a drunk person.

Now there is pitfalls to this system, I am sure some tech savvy people would find a way to overwrite the system so a car could be started without doing the breath test. They could get a non drunk random to blow in the breath test system for them, and I am sure the list goes on. Personally I think the Breath Test Ignition system has a better chance of seeing results over leaving the entire job to the police who should be spending their time doing other things to ensure the safety of the community they are part of.

Now I know some people will think "I don't drink and drive" or "I don't drink" so how is drink driving my problem? You will find out how it is your problem when your car, property or somebody you know becomes another statistic to the effects drunks on our roads.

Edited by Triptych

This law change would be f**ked. How could I put up with my Team Leader's banterings at lunch meetings without a couple of beers to blur him out?

To drink and be under the limit and drive is a RIGHT by the law, if they even considered just bringing it in without a referendum I could see their political career ending next election.

oh... you mean how I said every day WHEN I drove cabs as opposed to every day THAT I drove cabs? Yeah... I can see how that would be hard to work out. :(

No it's not... so because you like the flavor of bourbon/scotch - that's ALL you can drink? Dude, you must smell like a distillery 24/7!

I don't drink beer either - only spirits. Because of the flavor issue for myself too, but I like the flavor of about 1000 non alcoholic drinks too.

Yes there is a massive difference between those two scenarios....you either drive a cab everyday (7 days) therefore shouldn't be drinking on SEVEN days, or you only drive mid week and have the opportunity to drink on the weekend yet don't. So yes a lot more can be read into it, thats why if you explained yourself a bit better we could understand the depth of your ridiculous arguments.

Why would I smell like a distillery 24/7??? I like the taste of KFC but I don't have the shit smeared around my mouth every waking hour.

You can't appreciate a taste if you're constantly gorging on it. But maybe that's the point here, you don't have self-control or any moderation when it comes to alcohol, a bit of an addictive personality maybe???

Don't tar us with the same brush. Just because some of us can actually have self control and can have the odd drink without blitzing ourselves.

With your entire objection to this subject it definitely smacks to me of a previous monkey you had on your back.

Maybe you should start the next post with "Hi I'm Isola, and I'm an alcoholic"

...PS I'm just stirring you up, you just bite so damn hard:P

Yes there is a massive difference between those two scenarios....you either drive a cab everyday (7 days) therefore shouldn't be drinking on SEVEN days, or you only drive mid week and have the opportunity to drink on the weekend yet don't. So yes a lot more can be read into it, thats why if you explained yourself a bit better we could understand the depth of your ridiculous arguments.

Why would I smell like a distillery 24/7??? I like the taste of KFC but I don't have the shit smeared around my mouth every waking hour.

You can't appreciate a taste if you're constantly gorging on it. But maybe that's the point here, you don't have self-control or any moderation when it comes to alcohol, a bit of an addictive personality maybe???

Don't tar us with the same brush. Just because some of us can actually have self control and can have the odd drink without blitzing ourselves.

With your entire objection to this subject it definitely smacks to me of a previous monkey you had on your back.

Maybe you should start the next post with "Hi I'm Isola, and I'm an alcoholic"

Or "Hi I'm isola, and I'm a w@nk3r. I think that about sums it up. Everyone is entitled to there opinions except for you!! And driving on public roads is a god damn right with the amount of cash we all have to fork out for rego and fuel and pretty much everything else!!

...PS I'm just stirring you up, you just bite so damn hard:P

I drink Scotch and Bourbon pretty much exclusively....why, not because "I want to drink" but because I like the flavour of them and the way it compliments food, and you’ll find there are few people out there that appreciate some blue label etc etc for the taste, certainly not to get blitzed on a $200+ a bottle spirit.

for what you pay, blue label is poo.

regardless of your own opinions, your narrow mindedness regarding people drinking alchohol, and the reality of the fairness and blatent revenue raising opportunity of this law, the fact of the matter is. Cough syrup, mouth freshener, and foods can all put you over a 0.00 limit. Whats stopping the copper from issuing you that fine? its your word against his right?

also reflect on this. 0.05 = 2 light beers. or 1 full. reducing this is not going to change anything.

harsher punishments, not 0.00..

Cough syrup, mouth freshener, and foods can all put you over a 0.00 limit. Whats stopping the copper from issuing you that fine? its your word against his right?

While I agree with the rest of your points, I have to pull you up here. This is the reason they can't charge you based solely on your first roadside meeting. They have to do a second reading (some time later - 15 mins or half an hour or something), I think with a more accurate meter, to be able to charge you. Any reading from mouthwash, cough syrup etc would be gone in this time. And any foods that have enough alcohol content to keep you above 0 for a significant amount of time well, you shouldn't be eating them and driving. Alcohol has the same effect on your mind/body regardless of if you drink it or eat it.

But yes, other than that I agree with you 100%