SAU Community

0.00 Blood Alcohol In Qld

Slow S13

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small/handheld breath testers are not exactly accurate... they can test you 5 times and get 5 different readings.... does that mean you get done on the average? The breath test is so they can take you off the road to use a more sensitive breath tester or blood test.

Simon is right and the ones which are used by the coppers are re calibrated regularly where as you cant re calibrate those small hand held ones, some allow you to replace the actual sensor but it becomes expensive

Maybe for what *you* pay...not for what *I* pay though :happy:

ooohh what do you pay? either way i'd prefer a glenfiditch glenfarqs (sp?) etc, i much prefer a single malt, actually tried some really good ones at the food and wine festival on sunday.

but yes a 0.00 blood alchahol limit won't have any significant, if noticable at all effect on the road toll, so why do it?

They have to do a second reading (some time later - 15 mins or half an hour or something),

Im pretty sure this used to be true, but unfortunently I dont think it is a requirement anymore, its purely at the officers discrestion.

Because when a mate was pulled over on paradise rd Slightly over, (2 beers at dinner?), when I asked the officer about this, this is what he said basically. Some clarification of that law would be good. anyone?

Im pretty sure this used to be true, but unfortunently I dont think it is a requirement anymore, its purely at the officers discrestion.

Because when a mate was pulled over on paradise rd Slightly over, (2 beers at dinner?), when I asked the officer about this, this is what he said basically. Some clarification of that law would be good. anyone?

daaaale broooo

yeh totally agree with ya there, how u been? hahaha to be honest im still worried bout the swab tests that they were meant to be implementing...dam listerine mouth washes start to taste like shit after a while :)

i laughed when i saw this one the news though, kinda gay but what can u do i guess....cops are cops

wasnt the 2 beers that attracted the coppers bud, may have been that freakin loud HKS turbo with ur screamer going off hahahaha pm me dude

and drink responsibly to everyone else :banana:

it'll never happen, but i'm in support. i've always found it strange that we're allowed to pilot tonnes of metal, with ANY level of a known and freely available sensory inhibitor in our bloodstream.

• 3 weeks later...
it'll never happen, but i'm in support. i've always found it strange that we're allowed to pilot tonnes of metal, with ANY level of a known and freely available sensory inhibitor in our bloodstream.

Agree.

I support lowering the blood alcohol limit to 0. Or maybe 0.02

I am already drunk at 0.05

Agree.

I support lowering the blood alcohol limit to 0. Or maybe 0.02

I am already drunk at 0.05

Well instead of supporting the rediculous change, maybe you should just not drink if planning on driving, son of rajab Cadbury :D

Well instead of supporting the rediculous change, maybe you should just not drink if planning on driving, son of rajab Cadbury :)

I'm not a bogan, I don't drink. I only know I am drunk @ 0.05 from my 16-18yr old period :D

Edited by LordMidol

f**k that

so because Im on 24/7 morphine slow release patches for insane pain that then means I shouldnt have a license?

^

no different to having a beer with dinner.

No I dont drink (now) seeing Im on morphine, but to stop everyone from enjoying a drink responsibly is called Prohibition.

and yrs of human society have proved that Prohibition does not work, can not work, and never will work

One mans drug is another mans pleasure

I mean, how can there be a law banning marijuana, for example? Its a natural plant, such bullshit

at the end of the day I make my own laws. One and only - do unto others as youd have them do unto you.

its kept me outa trouble for my life and will continue to do so

if I feel like going 300kmph on a motorbike or 220kmph in the stagea in the hills then thats my choice, my responsibility

if i feel like a beer with dinner thats my choice, my responsibility

if i feel like a bong then a hills drive again thats my choice.

they can make laws but if everyone refuses to obey it isnt much of a law then, is it?

and they cant jail everyone. . . .

make your own choices people. just be responsible for your actions.

.00 bac will not happen, society would say a big "f**k you" to the laws and disregard them.

at the end of the day I make my own laws. One and only - do unto others as youd have them do unto you.

if I feel like going 300kmph on a motorbike or 220kmph in the stagea in the hills then thats my choice, my responsibility

Your choices have consequences for others.

When driving I don'texpect someone to be coming at me at 300kph, or even 220kph. If I cross into the other lane, legally, and you're travelling that fast we will have a head on collision. We will both die.

You don't follow your own law, you do what you want with no regard for those around you.

We live in a society where a person acts with no regard to anyone but themselves. A world where people elect to fullfill their selfish desires without a thought to anyone else. I don'treally expect any better, when you have expectations then society can disappoint you.

ETA: And yes, if your morphine impairs your judgement then your licence should be revoked.

Edited by LordMidol

ETA: And yes, if your morphine impairs your judgement then your licence should be revoked.

I agree, for the time that you are on it, then once you are cleared then you can get back on the road ! :D

N.O.T - It is the same if you need glasses to drive & you don't ... ! :)

These sort of 'Arguments' 'Debates' are really each to their own, everyone has an opnion on it, Someone that has gotten away with it/does it every weekend will have a different opinion to someone that has never done it or someone that has lost loved once due to drink driving/drug driving etc! ...

If you drink and drive, kill a random motorist, not only are you going to jail for manslaughter, you get to have the guilt for the rest of your life, was it worth that last drink then heading home? Or that $40 instead of getting a cab?

Yeah sometimes you might be lucky and get to your destination, thank yourself lucky f**khead !

This has probably been said a few times in the topic but meh, lol ... My opinion is as good as yours :P

f**k that

so because Im on 24/7 morphine slow release patches for insane pain that then means I shouldnt have a license?

^

no different to having a beer with dinner.

No I dont drink (now) seeing Im on morphine, but to stop everyone from enjoying a drink responsibly is called Prohibition.

and yrs of human society have proved that Prohibition does not work, can not work, and never will work

One mans drug is another mans pleasure

I mean, how can there be a law banning marijuana, for example? Its a natural plant, such bullshit

they can make laws but if everyone refuses to obey it isnt much of a law then, is it?

and they cant jail everyone. . . .

make your own choices people. just be responsible for your actions.

.00 bac will not happen, society would say a big "f**k you" to the laws and disregard them.

BAHAHAHA

Thats bound to ruffle some feathers :P