Powercruise 2010!

NYTSKY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what a excellent weekend. if there were a few things i could have changed it would have been the heat and the bloody mozzies at night. we were camping on turn 5 so got to watch the drifters link a few corners which was great.

had 4 cruise sessions on friday and had a blast with some nankangs on the rear. serious 3rd gear skids. saturday was busy and only got two runs, but did some off street drags which was funny, started in second and turned tyres most of the way, just couldnt stick it. second cruise run on saturday was awesome as i was 3rd car out, so by turn 2 i had a clear track and really got to push, what a fantastic track. picked up 5th down the main straight, so much for 130klmh speed limit lol. put a the semis back on for sunday and was able to keep corner speed up which was good but lots of traffic. missed last session due to rain.

no breakages or issues, car didnt miss a beat. ill post vids tonight. thanks to sean and doof & nytsky for saying hi.

shiiiit, that wasnt a bad skid brus.........why dont you tell them about the one when we were going backwards lol

I reckon it would be funnier if you told the story. You couldn't speak for half an hour afterwards but surely you're okay now? :P If anyone has video it'll be pretty funny.

Let's just say front wheel speed was probably 100ish while rear wheel speed was 230ish. Oh, there might have also been the mother of all tank-slappers and spinning involved too. I thought it was pretty funny to be honest but Stu looked pale and somewhat shaky for quite some time.

Here's a closer view of my skid :)

i was there for that one. Most awesome skid because the v8 biased commetator wasn't expecting a car with the smallest capacity in the litter to rip a skid longer than half the blown v8 big blocks. the commentator was like 'and here we have what looks like a nissan silvia.....and....wow, he did pretty damn good'. lol

Haha good to hear dude :)

I knew it would do it, never actually had the space to try one that big, plus I was a bit angry that I was sidelined for a few hours on Saturday, that's why it's hard to hear the shift from 3rd to 4th haha. It just sounds like a drop in revs. Didn't use the clutch on that one.

Were you in the grand stand?

I knew it would do it, never actually had the space to try one that big, plus I was a bit angry that I was sidelined for a few hours on Saturday, that's why it's hard to hear the shift from 3rd to 4th haha. It just sounds like a drop in revs. Didn't use the clutch on that one.

nicely ripped PJ...top stuff mate.

nah I was on the roof top (closer and better viewing) catching some cancer. Man it was hot that day. Did you find out who won the 0-200 sprint? the gsr evo looked like a good contender.

Cheers Paul.

It was a Torana and XY in the final, I lost to the XY so I came 3rd. The rules stated grooved tyres, next time I'll read between the lines as he did, Mickey Thompson ET DRAG slicks never came out with grooves, somehow his ones had them though. He pumped me out of the hole, I was coming back strong but it was too late!

Still stoked to make it that far :)

Edited by PJ.

Cheers Paul.

It was a Torana and XY in the final, I lost to the XY so I came 3rd. The rules stated grooved tyres, next time I'll read between the lines as he did, Mickey Thompson ET DRAG slicks never came out with grooves, somehow his ones had them though. He pumped me out of the hole, I was coming back strong but it was too late!

Still stoked to make it that far :ninja:

Bet you didn't get a trophy...as imports are somehow prevented from recieving one. The year i came third (after winning the race to get into the final and then told i had to re-run for jumping the start) i got nothing...even in the results on their website there was a blank space where my name should have been. Semi finalists and finalists were only listed and the semi finalist $200 cheque i should have recieved was put over the bar by GUP at the Eastern Creek Tavern.

Got

Ur

Prizemoney

is what GUP stands for. :)

Hey Paul + Stace

Did you notice that the powercruise site does not list you in the top 4 of the street racing. The place is blank where I would expect you to be named.

There is $200 going wanting there + a trophy !!

Get onto it!

Matt

Edited by Swiper the Fox